    Any one know of a good (as in free) whole disk wiper?

    THX
    BYE

    kpg*, Aug 22, 2007

  2. kpg*

    Consultant Guest

    Re: please wipe

    yes, format c: /y

    Consultant, Aug 22, 2007

  3. Re: please wipe

    Consultant wrote:
    > yes, format c: /y
    >
    > "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    >> Any one know of a good (as in free) whole disk wiper?
    >>
    >> THX
    >> BYE

    DBAN

    http://dban.sourceforge.net/

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 22, 2007
  4. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    Re: please wipe

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:OEOILPO5HHA.1208
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > yes, format c: /y

    OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.

    what now?

    kpg*, Aug 22, 2007
  5. Re: please wipe

    kpg* wrote:
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in news:OEOILPO5HHA.1208
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> yes, format c: /y

    > OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.
    >
    > what now?

    Try it again, it helps to talk to it softly while it does it's thing.

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 22, 2007
  6. kpg*

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: please wipe

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > Any one know of a good (as in free) whole disk wiper?
    >
    > THX
    > BYE

    Charmin double rolls.

    Frisbee®, Aug 22, 2007
  7. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    Re: please wipe

    Mostly Gizzards <> wrote in news:Ov91KSO5HHA.5984
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > Consultant wrote:
    >> yes, format c: /y
    >>
    >> "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any one know of a good (as in free) whole disk wiper?
    >>>
    >>> THX
    >>> BYE

    > DBAN
    >

    > http://dban.sourceforge.net/

    That did it. Gracias.

    kpg*, Aug 22, 2007
  8. kpg*

    CBIC Guest

    Re: please wipe

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in news:OEOILPO5HHA.1208
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> yes, format c: /y

    > OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.
    >
    > what now?

    Just load a new VM. You are using VM workstation arent' you?

    CBIC, Aug 22, 2007
  9. Re: please wipe

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OIvZdZO5HHA.4712
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > Charmin double rolls.

    Can't you READ? he wanted FREE!

    Steal the Safeway brand TP from the office restroom.

    Red Swingline Stapler, Aug 22, 2007
  10. Re: please wipe

    No doubht Dave rocks

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 23, 2007
  11. kpg*

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: please wipe

    Red Swingline Stapler <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OIvZdZO5HHA.4712
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Charmin double rolls.

    > Can't you READ? he wanted FREE!
    >
    > Steal the Safeway brand TP from the office restroom.

    Your office doesn't have Charmin?? Sorry to hear that. Wow. Just wow.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Aug 23, 2007
  12. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    Re: please wipe

    catwalker63 <> wrote in

    > Red Swingline Stapler <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OIvZdZO5HHA.4712
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> Charmin double rolls.

    >> Can't you READ? he wanted FREE!
    >>
    >> Steal the Safeway brand TP from the office restroom.
    >>

    > Your office doesn't have Charmin?? Sorry to hear that. Wow. Just wow.

    At our office we use 60 grit.

    kpg*, Aug 23, 2007
  13. kpg*

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: please wipe

    > OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.

    Did you remember to PARK your heads before shutting it off?

    Jtyc, Aug 29, 2007
  14. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    Re: please wipe

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:#d#AGSn6HHA.4584
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    >> OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.

    > Did you remember to PARK your heads before shutting it off?

    wow. A blast from the past.

    How many here can say the have EVER parked the heads.

    man, that sounds so gay.

    kpg*, Aug 29, 2007
  15. Re: please wipe

    kpg* wrote:
    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:#d#AGSn6HHA.4584
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    >>> OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.

    >> Did you remember to PARK your heads before shutting it off?

    > wow. A blast from the past.
    >
    > How many here can say the have EVER parked the heads.
    >
    > man, that sounds so gay.

    DOS 5.0 - I used to run park.exe (or was it .com?)every time I turned
    off my computer.

    And my TURBO was ALWAYS on!

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 29, 2007
  16. kpg*

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: please wipe

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:#d#AGSn6HHA.4584
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    >>> OK, I tried that, now my computer won't boot.

    >> Did you remember to PARK your heads before shutting it off?

    > wow. A blast from the past.
    >
    > How many here can say the have EVER parked the heads.
    >
    > man, that sounds so gay.

    Dude, if'n you didn't park your heads, and you moved your drive, you risked
    destroying a several thousand dollar hard drive! No freaking way!

    When I was living in California, we had to park the heads every night at the
    office because if there was an earthquake during the night, you could come
    into an office full of crashed hard drives the next morning.

    Frisbee®, Aug 29, 2007
  17. kpg*

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: please wipe

    > When I was living in California, we had to park the heads every night at
    > the office because if there was an earthquake during the night, you could
    > come into an office full of crashed hard drives the next morning.

    That's funny because you're old.

    *runs away*

    *trips, gets up and keeps running*

    *runs out of breath*