OT: Please learn to crop!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Donald Gray, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Donald Gray

    Donald Gray Guest

    When will certain posters learn how to crop?!!!!????

    I don't mean cropping photos, I mean the bloody long messages that
    they repost only to add a two or three word comment.

    Apart from waste of space (bandwidth) it encourages top posting (of
    which I am in favour even though it is agin protocols!)

    LISTEN UP you lazy buggers - do you realise that by not [snipping] out
    big posts, your added gems of wisdom disappear off the bottom of the
    screen. With the huge amount of noise already generated in the (fine?)
    newsgroup, I, and I presume many others, don't have the time or
    inclination to constantly scroll down to read what often turns out to
    be a snide remark, or "LOL" or "Me Too" etc

    Please learn to crop/snip.
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Donald Gray

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Donald Gray <> wrote:

    >When will certain posters learn how to crop?!!!!????
    >
    >I don't mean cropping photos, I mean the bloody long messages that
    >they repost only to add a two or three word comment.

    Not that I disagree with your basic premise, but if that's your biggest
    annoyance with this newsgroup you must have a very effectively tuned
    killfile!
    ;-)

    --
    "People who like this sort of thing will find that this is the sort of thing they like."
    - Abe Lincoln

    Mark Roberts, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Re: Please learn to crop!

    I agree!

    Mike O'sullivan, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Donald Gray

    Canopus Guest

    Re: Please learn to crop!

    "Mike O'sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > I agree!
    >
    > "Donald Gray" <> wrote in message
    > > When will certain posters learn how to crop?!!!!????
    > >
    > > I don't mean cropping photos, I mean the bloody long messages that
    > > they repost only to add a two or three word comment.
    > >
    > > Apart from waste of space (bandwidth) it encourages top posting (of
    > > which I am in favour even though it is agin protocols!)
    > >
    > > LISTEN UP you lazy buggers - do you realise that by not [snipping] out
    > > big posts, your added gems of wisdom disappear off the bottom of the
    > > screen. With the huge amount of noise already generated in the (fine?)
    > > newsgroup, I, and I presume many others, don't have the time or
    > > inclination to constantly scroll down to read what often turns out to
    > > be a snide remark, or "LOL" or "Me Too" etc
    > >
    > > Please learn to crop/snip.
    > > --
    > > Donald Gray
    > > Putting ODCOMBE on the Global Village Map!
    > > www.odcombe.demon.co.uk
    > > You do not have to email me, but if you wish to...
    > > Please remove the SafetyPin from my email address first
    > > Thanks

    Hear, hear!...and try not to mix top and bottom posts :=))

    Canopus, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Donald Gray

    Guest

    Re: Please learn to crop!

    From: Donald Gray <>
    Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    Subject: OT: Please learn to crop!
    Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:35:45 +0000
    wrote:

    > When will certain posters learn how to crop?!!!!????
    >
    > I don't mean cropping photos, I mean the bloody long messages that
    > they repost only to add a two or three word comment.
    >
    > Apart from waste of space (bandwidth) it encourages top posting (of
    > which I am in favour even though it is agin protocols!)
    >
    > LISTEN UP you lazy buggers - do you realise that by not [snipping] out
    > big posts, your added gems of wisdom disappear off the bottom of the
    > screen. With the huge amount of noise already generated in the (fine?)
    > newsgroup, I, and I presume many others, don't have the time or
    > inclination to constantly scroll down to read what often turns out to
    > be a snide remark, or "LOL" or "Me Too" etc
    >
    > Please learn to crop/snip.
    > --
    > Donald Gray
    > Putting ODCOMBE on the Global Village Map!
    > www.odcombe.demon.co.uk
    > You do not have to email me, but if you wish to...
    > Please remove the SafetyPin from my email address first
    > Thanks

    no

    , Jan 21, 2004
  6. Donald Gray

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Donald Gray wrote:

    > When will certain posters learn how to crop?!!!!????
    >
    > I don't mean cropping photos, I mean the bloody long messages that
    > they repost only to add a two or three word comment.
    >
    > Apart from waste of space (bandwidth) it encourages top posting (of
    > which I am in favour even though it is agin protocols!)
    >
    > LISTEN UP you lazy buggers - do you realise that by not [snipping] out
    > big posts, your added gems of wisdom disappear off the bottom of the
    > screen. With the huge amount of noise already generated in the (fine?)
    > newsgroup, I, and I presume many others, don't have the time or
    > inclination to constantly scroll down to read what often turns out to
    > be a snide remark, or "LOL" or "Me Too" etc
    >
    > Please learn to crop/snip.
    > --
    > Donald Gray
    > Putting ODCOMBE on the Global Village Map!
    > www.odcombe.demon.co.uk
    > You do not have to email me, but if you wish to...
    > Please remove the SafetyPin from my email address first
    > Thanks

    wot?

    :O)

    --
    Paul.
    to look at

    Paul Heslop, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Re: Please learn to crop!

    Amen, bro. You tell 'em!

    Michael Geary, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Donald Gray

    brian Guest

    Re: Please learn to crop!

    <> wrote in message news:400EBD86.5559.A277EA@localhost...
    > From: Donald Gray <>
    > Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    > Subject: OT: Please learn to crop!
    > Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:35:45 +0000
    > wrote:
    >

    > > When will certain posters learn how to crop?!!!!????
    > >
    > > I don't mean cropping photos, I mean the bloody long messages that
    > > they repost only to add a two or three word comment.
    > >
    > > Apart from waste of space (bandwidth) it encourages top posting (of
    > > which I am in favour even though it is agin protocols!)
    > >
    > > LISTEN UP you lazy buggers - do you realise that by not [snipping] out
    > > big posts, your added gems of wisdom disappear off the bottom of the
    > > screen. With the huge amount of noise already generated in the (fine?)
    > > newsgroup, I, and I presume many others, don't have the time or
    > > inclination to constantly scroll down to read what often turns out to
    > > be a snide remark, or "LOL" or "Me Too" etc
    > >
    > > Please learn to crop/snip.
    > > --
    > > Donald Gray
    > > Putting ODCOMBE on the Global Village Map!
    > > www.odcombe.demon.co.uk
    > > You do not have to email me, but if you wish to...
    > > Please remove the SafetyPin from my email address first
    > > Thanks

    > no

    will do

    Brian.................

    ---

    brian, Jan 22, 2004
  9. Re: Please learn to crop!

    <> wrote in message
    > From: Donald Gray <>
    > Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    > Subject: OT: Please learn to crop!
    > Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:35:45 +0000

    (21 Jan 2004
    > 10:34:56 GMT)
    > wrote:

    And etc,. To which I say PLEASE LEARN NOT TO CROSS POST.

    --
    ---
    Richard Knoppow

    Richard Knoppow, Jan 22, 2004
  10. Donald Gray

    Donald Gray Guest

    Re: Please learn to crop!

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:00:35 GMT, "Richard Knoppow"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> From: Donald Gray <>
    >> Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    >> Subject: OT: Please learn to crop!
    >> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:35:45 +0000

    >(21 Jan 2004
    >> 10:34:56 GMT)
    >> wrote:
    >>

    > And etc,. To which I say PLEASE LEARN NOT TO CROSS POST.

    When you tell folk not to cross post, I suggest you practice what you
    preach - you cross posted to three ngs....

    ....and learn to f...ing snip properly. The inclusion of my header
    makes it look as if your snotty comments addressed to me. Next time
    make it clear to whom you are flaming.

    PLEASE LEARN TO READ and REPOST PROPERLY!
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jan 23, 2004