    E.G. Sony 42" vs Samsung 42"
    Hyundai 42" vs Goodmans 42 " etc
    UK Only please !!
    andrew.upton4, Aug 20, 2005

  2. andrew.upton4

    fredman Guest

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:52:20 GMT, "andrew.upton4"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there a website which compares plasma tv's of the same size ?
    >E.G. Sony 42" vs Samsung 42"
    >Hyundai 42" vs Goodmans 42 " etc
    >UK Only please !!

    Since this is off-topic, I'll respond - but this isn't in the UK. I've
    had a Sony 32" HiScan set for about a year and a half now and recently
    dropped in to the local Video Only (Dublin, Ca.) looking for a
    possible DVD player upgrade*, and after being inundated with Best
    Buys, Circuit Citys, Fry's, et cetera it was somewhat of a shock to
    arrive instore and witness that virtually every plasma and HD on
    display had a near-perfectly tuned and setup picture on it, displaying
    quite impressive results! Man, it made me want to upgrade! Again! Any
    stores like that in the UK? Cheers.

    * I recently bought a DVD on Ebay of the extremely rare "El Topo",
    only to find out it was recorded in VCD (or Super VCD) on a DVD-R and
    would not play on my (now vintage) Sony NS700P. Sure, it played fine
    on my computer, but I'd like to view it on a standalone set via my HT
    setup, so I toted it into above store, trying several of their players
    on the shelf receiving the "CANNOT PLAY" message until one of the guys
    pointed out what the issue might be, guided me over to a $50 JVC,
    popped in the disc, and - it was playing on about five of the HDs set
    up around the player. Sold.
    fredman, Aug 20, 2005