[ot] Ping Vigo

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by JaR, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. JaR

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Jun 24, 2004

  2. JaR <> wrote in news:OWYt1DhWEHA.3528
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Even Boeing uses the dot communists.

    "Ukrainian engineers reliably developed software for Boeing space and
    military programmes."

    Right. I guess if only a fractional percentage of crews buy the farm,
    that's "successful" in an Orwellian sense.

    > Comrade, is problem with re-entry software.
    >
    > Not software! Is datalink! Is cheap hardware! Is damn Vigo sabotage
    > hardworking peasant! Pass vodka!

    Tsk tsk. I was never accused of outright sabotage, just arrogance. That I
    considered it something of a victory if, during daily production meetings,
    I was able to glower so fiercely and icily at the Commies when they dared
    speak that those assembled heard the faint trickle of urine coursing down a
    pant leg probably contributed to that perception by some nontrivial degree.

    --
    http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg
    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Jun 24, 2004

  3. JaR

    Neil Guest

    Vigo Breadcrumbs <> wrote in news:vLGCc.11$OR4.4343
    @twister.tampabay.rr.com:

    > those assembled heard the faint trickle of urine coursing down a
    > pant leg

    Vigo, you owe me a keyboard...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  4. JaR

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > Vigo Breadcrumbs <> wrote in news:vLGCc.11$OR4.4343
    > @twister.tampabay.rr.com:
    >
    > > those assembled heard the faint trickle of urine coursing down a
    > > pant leg

    > Vigo, you owe me a keyboard...

    and new kneepads...yours must be worn out...

    *catches plane to guatemala*

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 24, 2004
  5. JaR

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:e5bIMxiWEHA.3740
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > and new kneepads...yours must be worn out...

    gave kneepads to someone else, or don't you remember? (how do they fit?)
    :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  6. JaR

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:e5bIMxiWEHA.3740
    > @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > and new kneepads...yours must be worn out...
    > >

    > gave kneepads to someone else, or don't you remember? (how do they fit?)
    > :)

    You fukcing guy!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 24, 2004
  7. JaR

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:#jh#8EjWEHA.2544
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:e5bIMxiWEHA.3740
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >> > and new kneepads...yours must be worn out...
    >> >

    >> gave kneepads to someone else, or don't you remember? (how do they

    fit?)
    >> :)

    > You fukcing guy!

    excellent

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 25, 2004
  8. Vigo Breadcrumbs wrote:
    > JaR <> wrote in news:OWYt1DhWEHA.3528
    > @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    >> Not software! Is datalink! Is cheap hardware! Is damn Vigo sabotage
    >> hardworking peasant! Pass vodka!

    > Tsk tsk. I was never accused of outright sabotage, just arrogance.

    Remember your story about being accused of making changes, whereas the
    problem turned out to be a network cable under a spiked mat?

    I believe you were more or less accused of sabotage in that one.

    --
    Fris "Vigo's making changes again!" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 25, 2004
  9. FrisbeeĀ® <> wrote in news:#JZB0#qWEHA.2716
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > Remember your story about being accused of making changes, whereas the
    > problem turned out to be a network cable under a spiked mat?
    >
    > I believe you were more or less accused of sabotage in that one.

    That wasn't a Dot Commie, that was just an underinformed windbag. He
    was so ragingly bitter at the world for underappreciating him that his
    reaction to anything, based as it was so often in an alternate reality,
    was a statistical outlier.

    Brief diversionary Vigo story:
    The guy that sat across the aisle from windbag (named "Jim") brought
    cut-up fruit to eat every day, with clockwork dependability. That the
    fruit always seemed to be almost totally immersed in water, and that Jim
    would drink off this water with apparent gusto, was odd, but no more odd
    that anything else Jim did.

    (meta Vigo story: Jim's job was to perform merge/purge and data appends
    on customer jobs. Every work order was supposed to include the
    salesperson's name as well as the customer name. In the case of one
    job, it included the customer's address, but not the name. The
    salesperson's last name was "McFeeley." Jim, in a fit of pique, decided
    to prove a point and not simply call Ms. McFeeley for the customer name,
    but enter it himself as "McTouchy and McFeeley." The customer was
    decidedly unamused.)

    One afternoon, a fellow data processor asked Jim for a piece of his
    fruit, and in that manner common to most idiots, plucked it from the
    container before waiting for his response. It was only then that the
    "water" in which the fruit floated was revealed to be vodka. Despite
    the fact that the data processors were some of the higher paid people in
    the company because of their irrational per-job bonus structure, they
    had an almost IWW-like mistrust of management, so Jimbo's secret
    remained until after he quit.

    My point of this discursive tale? If Jimbo had shared his fruit with
    windbag, windbag might've been less angry at the world.

    As to the changes-versus-sabotage, I guess I've always put that in a
    different category. Many people, especially the Dot Commies, frequently
    inquired in that most irritating "did you change x?" manner as to
    whether or not I had changed x, y, or z and was that change was
    responsible for customers performing self-immolation in vast numbers.
    As bothersome as that was, even the smelliest of the Commies never
    really made those accusations suggesting sabotage, but mostly in the
    spirit of breathless arrogance and disregard for others not of my lofty
    level of talent that I evinced.

    --
    http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg
    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Jun 25, 2004