OT: Ping Neil

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Lnkwizard2, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Lnkwizard2

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Lnkwizard2, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Lnkwizard2

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:03:36 -0600, Lnkwizard2 cast into the ether:

    > Hey Neil!!!
    >
    > What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?
    >
    > US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins
    >
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921
    >
    > SFW

    That whole story seems a little far fetched. How do you get the coin to
    the guy in the first place? Do you have a plant working in a bar that you
    know the guy will buy a drink at. and slip it in his change for a
    margerita? How do ya know the guy won't just leave it on the bar for a
    tip? Maybe you have someone walk up to the mark and just hand it to him.
    "Here, sir, I think you dropped this in the lobby of the hotel!" Have a
    pickpocket slip it in his pants on an elevator?

    Uuuuh-huh.

    How do you know the guy won't tip a cabbie with it 20 minutes after you
    gave it to him? Or plunk it in a cigarette machine? Or just drop it in his
    piggy bank when he gets home? I've got a couple loonies in mine from my
    last trip to Canuckistan. Ten years ago. Fat lotta good that'd do anyone,
    they probably already know the guy's address.

    And as if that isn't enough, what the heck kind of transmitter are they
    using that would fit in a coin, and transmit, undetected, with enough
    power to track a guy from presumably many, if not hundreds of miles away?

    Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jan 11, 2007

  3. Lnkwizard2

    CBIC Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.

    Maybe Bush is looking for a reason to make war on Canadia?

    CBIC, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Lnkwizard2

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:03:36 -0600, Lnkwizard2 cast into the ether:

    How do you know the guy's name is Mark? Huh? Are you a spy? Sent here to throw
    the rest of us off the trail?! How did you know that we would be here reading
    this? How did you know that it would be posted at exactly 3 minutes after the
    hour? Huh? What? Got nothing to say?

    I'm just sayin' ;)

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD[MCNGP], Jan 11, 2007
  5. Lnkwizard2

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:42:09 -0600, CBIC cast into the ether:

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.
    >>

    > Maybe Bush is looking for a reason to make war on Canadia?

    Might be good for a boost in the polls, at that.

    Well, long as there's a good reason. F'n Kanucks, planting bugs on our
    brave defense contractors!

    Wave a gun at their border guards and they'll run anyway. Our guys can be
    having lunch in Ottawa if they start now.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Lnkwizard2

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:49:31 -0600, cast into the ether:

    > I'm just sayin' ;)

    MmmmHmmm...I see.

    *BD's name duly added to list*

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jan 11, 2007
  7. Lnkwizard2

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Lnkwizard2" <> say in

    > Hey Neil!!!
    >
    > What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?
    >
    > US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins
    >
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921
    >
    > SFW

    excuse me, I have a couple of bucks in coin. could you give me a couple
    of bills for it?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - When faced by a superior opponent, cheat.

    Neil, Jan 11, 2007
  8. Lnkwizard2

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:03:36 -0600, Lnkwizard2 cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Hey Neil!!!
    >>
    >> What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?
    >>
    >> US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921
    >>
    >> SFW

    > That whole story seems a little far fetched. How do you get the coin
    > to the guy in the first place? Do you have a plant working in a bar
    > that you know the guy will buy a drink at. and slip it in his change
    > for a margerita? How do ya know the guy won't just leave it on the bar
    > for a tip? Maybe you have someone walk up to the mark and just hand it
    > to him. "Here, sir, I think you dropped this in the lobby of the
    > hotel!" Have a pickpocket slip it in his pants on an elevator?
    >
    > Uuuuh-huh.
    >
    > How do you know the guy won't tip a cabbie with it 20 minutes after
    > you gave it to him? Or plunk it in a cigarette machine? Or just drop
    > it in his piggy bank when he gets home? I've got a couple loonies in
    > mine from my last trip to Canuckistan. Ten years ago. Fat lotta good
    > that'd do anyone, they probably already know the guy's address.
    >
    > And as if that isn't enough, what the heck kind of transmitter are
    > they using that would fit in a coin, and transmit, undetected, with
    > enough power to track a guy from presumably many, if not hundreds of
    > miles away?
    >
    > Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.

    ditto. There would be far more effective ways I am sure to track someone.
    even if you were to say it's done through border crossings involving
    tolls (last thing that happens in Canukistan - yes, I like that), it
    might be the first thing to get turfed once home. Give it to a golf buddy
    to be used as a ball marker and the next thing you know your tracking
    some yockel in Bremuda on hit golf vacation.

    but what do I know, RFID tags on my shoes indicate I'm in Thorold right
    now (according to a NSA website)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

    Neil, Jan 11, 2007
  9. Lnkwizard2

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Wave a gun at their border guards and they'll run anyway. Our guys can

    be
    > having lunch in Ottawa if they start now.

    tru dat, but what's the point, you'd only increase our dollah and then
    you'd have to deal with the Quebecers. Sure you'd get the oil in Alberta
    (but then Bush has buddies in WHICH business? And Iraq wasn't invaded
    over WHAT product? And the price of gas is HOW MUCH these days?) but the
    Quebec thing will drive you guys crazy.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - Sometimes you get beer, sometimes beer gets you.

    Neil, Jan 11, 2007
  10. Lnkwizard2

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:49:31 -0600, cast into the ether:
    >
    >> I'm just sayin' ;)

    > MmmmHmmm...I see.
    >
    > *BD's name duly added to list*

    Dambit!

    > UATWMF!

    Double Dambit!!

    BD[MCNGP], Jan 11, 2007
  11. Lnkwizard2

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:32:51 -0800, Neil cast into the ether:

    > even if you were to say it's done through border crossings involving
    > tolls (last thing that happens in Canukistan - yes, I like that),

    Even that presupposes that you know the guy will go thru a toll booth on
    his way out of the country(Do they really have those?), that you have an
    isider working that toll booth at that particular time of day(easier if
    this is a Canuck Govt plot), and that the guy won't have exact change.

    Sorry, way easier to just bug the guy's car. Heck, grab his Fruit of the
    Looms from the laundry and bug them!

    For that matter, why Canada at all? Nope. This whole thing sounds like the
    figment of an overactive imagination. Might make a good Mythbusters
    episode, but that's all.

    In other words, Dubya is likely mobilizing extensive countermeasures and
    deploying operatives to examine loonies entering the country for hidden
    transmitters as we speak.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jan 11, 2007
  12. Lnkwizard2

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:36:28 -0800, Neil cast into the ether:

    > tru dat, but what's the point, you'd only increase our dollah and then
    > you'd have to deal with the Quebecers. Sure you'd get the oil in Alberta
    > (but then Bush has buddies in WHICH business? And Iraq wasn't invaded
    > over WHAT product? And the price of gas is HOW MUCH these days?)

    Furrfu. It's all about American Imperialism. Haven't you been paying
    attention?

    > but the Quebec thing will drive you guys crazy.

    Granted, but then we need somplace to ship all our nuculer(sic) waste, I
    beleive Quebec would do nicely.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jan 11, 2007
  13. Lnkwizard2

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:54:54 -0800, JaR cast into the ether:

    > examine loonies entering the country

    *Splorrfff* I kill me!

    That's be every single Canuck, right?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jan 11, 2007
  14. Lnkwizard2

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > I kill me!

    hurry up and get it over with.

    Remember kids, it's down the road, not across the street...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - "I want some Chinese food," said Tom wantonly.

    Neil, Jan 11, 2007