    --
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
    governed by those who are dumber.

    Collector-NZ, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Collector-NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector-NZ wrote:
    > Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get
    > him a secure second spot in the drivers champ.

    That wouldn't surprise me although getting Michael to hold back is a
    different matter. He *really* likes winning and has the chance of setting a
    record this year for most wins in a season that could stand for ever. (Well,
    a long time anyway)

    > Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on
    > 1.21's In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while
    > Montoya Button Alonso et al are above him.
    > Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

    Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 11, 2004

  3. Collector-NZ

    Collector-NZ Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 11/09/2004 22:07:

    > Collector-NZ wrote:
    >
    >>Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get
    >>him a secure second spot in the drivers champ.

    > That wouldn't surprise me although getting Michael to hold back is a
    > different matter. He *really* likes winning and has the chance of setting a
    > record this year for most wins in a season that could stand for ever. (Well,
    > a long time anyway)
    >

    >>Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on
    >>1.21's In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while
    >>Montoya Button Alonso et al are above him.
    >>Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

    > Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    MamaMia My own feed from the track :cool:

    Practice Two final times (top 8)

    Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:20.555
    Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:20.653
    Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:20.734
    Fernando Alonso Renault 1:20.773
    Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:20.805
    Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856
    Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:20.898
    Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1:20.921

    Fianl Qualifying at Midnight

    Collector-NZ, Sep 11, 2004
  4. Collector-NZ

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Collector-NZ said the following on 11/09/2004 22:15:

    > ~misfit~ said the following on 11/09/2004 22:07:
    >
    >> Collector-NZ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get
    >>> him a secure second spot in the drivers champ.

    >> That wouldn't surprise me although getting Michael to hold back is a
    >> different matter. He *really* likes winning and has the chance of
    >> setting a
    >> record this year for most wins in a season that could stand for ever.
    >> (Well,
    >> a long time anyway)
    >>

    >>> Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on
    >>> 1.21's In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while
    >>> Montoya Button Alonso et al are above him.
    >>> Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

    >> Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > MamaMia My own feed from the track :cool:
    >
    > Practice Two final times (top 8)
    >
    > Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:20.555
    > Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:20.653
    > Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:20.734
    > Fernando Alonso Renault 1:20.773
    > Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:20.805
    > Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856
    > Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:20.898
    > Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1:20.921
    >
    > Fianl Qualifying at Midnight

    Actually from the net, as there is live timing from all the pre race
    sessions.

    Collector-NZ, Sep 11, 2004
  5. Collector-NZ

    EMB Guest

    Collector-NZ wrote:

    > MamaMia My own feed from the track :cool:
    >
    > Practice Two final times (top 8)
    >
    > Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:20.555
    > Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:20.653
    > Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:20.734
    > Fernando Alonso Renault 1:20.773
    > Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:20.805
    > Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856
    > Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:20.898
    > Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1:20.921

    Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
    separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
    another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see anyone
    outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages start happening.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    Old age is the outpatients department for purgatory.

    -John Morton

    EMB, Sep 11, 2004
  6. Collector-NZ

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Re: (OT) Ping F1 overtaking

    EMB said the following on 11/09/2004 22:29:

    > Collector-NZ wrote:
    >
    >> MamaMia My own feed from the track :cool:
    >>
    >> Practice Two final times (top 8)
    >> Rubens Barrichello
    >> Ferrari 1:20.555 Juan Pablo Montoya
    >> Williams-BMW 1:20.653 Jenson Button
    >> BAR-Honda 1:20.734 Fernando Alonso
    >> Renault 1:20.773 Takuma Sato
    >> BAR-Honda 1:20.805 Kimi Räikkönen
    >> McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856 Michael Schumacher
    >> Ferrari 1:20.898 Antonio Pizzonia
    >> Williams-BMW 1:20.921

    > Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
    > separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
    > another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see anyone
    > outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages start happening.

    Well its only practice and they are definately trying to avoid breaking
    the cars. Monza race laps are a fraction faster than this 1.19's but yes
    I doubt the slow coaches will be other than an annoyance as they get lapped.
    Any bet on how many laps behind Baumgartner (sp) is at the finish. If he
    finishes.
    What is not typical here is schummy and Barrichello, positions seem to
    be reversed as it has been for all the practices.

    My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya, Sato,
    Alonso,

    Collector-NZ, Sep 11, 2004
  7. Collector-NZ

    Ripping Silk Guest

    Ripping Silk, Sep 11, 2004
  8. Collector-NZ

    Ripping Silk Guest

    Ripping Silk wrote:

    > you want live timing... go to
    > http://www.formula1.com/
    > Official.
    >
    > Want news & gossip ?
    > http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

    pre-qualifying in 5 min.. 11pm local time

    Ripping Silk, Sep 11, 2004
  9. Collector-NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: (OT) Ping F1 overtaking

    Collector-NZ wrote:
    > EMB said the following on 11/09/2004 22:29:
    >
    >> Collector-NZ wrote:
    >>
    >>> MamaMia My own feed from the track :cool:
    >>>
    >>> Practice Two final times (top 8)
    >>> Rubens Barrichello
    >>> Ferrari 1:20.555 Juan Pablo Montoya
    >>> Williams-BMW 1:20.653 Jenson Button
    >>> BAR-Honda 1:20.734 Fernando Alonso
    >>> Renault 1:20.773 Takuma Sato
    >>> BAR-Honda 1:20.805 Kimi Räikkönen
    >>> McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856 Michael Schumacher
    >>> Ferrari 1:20.898 Antonio Pizzonia
    >>> Williams-BMW 1:20.921

    >> Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
    >> separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
    >> another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see
    >> anyone outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages
    >> start happening.
    >>

    > Well its only practice and they are definately trying to avoid
    > breaking
    > the cars. Monza race laps are a fraction faster than this 1.19's but
    > yes
    > I doubt the slow coaches will be other than an annoyance as they get
    > lapped. Any bet on how many laps behind Baumgartner (sp) is at the
    > finish. If he finishes.
    > What is not typical here is schummy and Barrichello, positions seem to
    > be reversed as it has been for all the practices.
    >
    > My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya, Sato,
    > Alonso,

    Pretty much same here actually. Five excellent drivers who all deserve to do
    better. Maybe Ferrari should be banned? ;-)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 11, 2004
  10. Collector-NZ

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Re: (OT) Ping F1 overtaking

    ~misfit~ said the following on 12/09/2004 01:32:

    > Collector-NZ wrote:
    >
    >>EMB said the following on 11/09/2004 22:29:

    >>>Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
    >>>separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
    >>>another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see
    >>>anyone outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages
    >>>start happening.
    >>>

    >>Well its only practice and they are definately trying to avoid
    >>breaking
    >>the cars. Monza race laps are a fraction faster than this 1.19's but
    >>yes
    >>I doubt the slow coaches will be other than an annoyance as they get
    >>lapped. Any bet on how many laps behind Baumgartner (sp) is at the
    >>finish. If he finishes.
    >>What is not typical here is schummy and Barrichello, positions seem to
    >>be reversed as it has been for all the practices.
    >>
    >>My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya, Sato,
    >>Alonso,

    > Pretty much same here actually. Five excellent drivers who all deserve to do
    > better. Maybe Ferrari should be banned? ;-)
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I forgot to add Truli to that list

    Collector-NZ, Sep 12, 2004
  11. Collector-NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: (OT) Ping F1 overtaking

    Collector-NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 12/09/2004 01:32:
    >
    >> Collector-NZ wrote:
    >>>
    >>> My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya,
    >>> Sato, Alonso,

    >> Pretty much same here actually. Five excellent drivers who all
    >> deserve to do better. Maybe Ferrari should be banned? ;-)

    > I forgot to add Truli to that list

    Yeah, can't forget Truli, another talented driver.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 12, 2004