OT Partially. Enabling two CD/DVD Drives for recording simultaneously

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Bob AZ, Jan 30, 2010.

  1. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On my recently built XP 64 Bit machine I have two CD/DVD drives
    installed. E & F. E did not always act right and did not always
    record.

    I determined the following:

    Windows does not allow two CD/DVD drives to be enabled for recording
    at the same time. With blank CDs in each drive Windows will allow
    just one drive to be enabled for recording at the same time. Starting
    with My Computer and Right clicking on the drive that is not enabled,
    bringing up Device Manager and clicking on recording there is an
    option to enable Recording. This enables Recording but disables
    recording on the other drive. This I was not aware of.

    If one uses Roxio both drives can record simultaneously. Another quirk
    of Windows 32 bit AND 64 bit.

    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Jan 30, 2010