    About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my Son
    was asking her the price of the gear..

    Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some €3000

    XP, Nov 20, 2005

  2. On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:27:46 +1300, XP <> wrote in

    > Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
    > eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.
    >
    > About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my Son
    > was asking her the price of the gear..
    >
    > Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some €3000

    Don't forget to ask also the price of insurance for when the inevitable
    happens.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... Don't squat with your spurs on.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 20, 2005

  3. XP

    aum Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:43:05 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:27:46 +1300, XP <> wrote in
    >
    >> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
    >> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.
    >>
    >> About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my Son
    >> was asking her the price of the gear..
    >>
    >> Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some €3000

    > Don't forget to ask also the price of insurance for when the inevitable
    > happens.

    One would have to use a good harness, or hang on really tight and have
    some food and water in the backpack. It's a long trip to Buenos Aires.
    Maybe the insurance would cover the flight back.

    --

    Cheers
    aum

    aum, Nov 20, 2005
  4. XP

    AD. Guest

    XP wrote:

    > Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
    > eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

    You mean Kitesurfing?

    Waikanae is good for Kitesurfing (less wind and steadier wind with wide
    open beaches) and pretty boring for Windsurfers unless it is really
    windy - a few Windsurfers are pushing 70km/h on the Waikanae river mouth
    http://www.wildwinds.co.nz/Speed.htm

    Whereas Kitesurfing seems to have fizzled out a bit in Wellington
    harbour - too windy/gusty and narrow rocky beaches (not very safe).

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Nov 20, 2005
  5. XP

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:11:04 +1300, AD. wrote:

    > XP wrote:
    >>
    >> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
    >> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

    > You mean Kitesurfing?
    >
    > Waikanae is good for Kitesurfing (less wind and steadier wind with wide
    > open beaches) and pretty boring for Windsurfers unless it is really
    > windy - a few Windsurfers are pushing 70km/h on the Waikanae river mouth
    > http://www.wildwinds.co.nz/Speed.htm
    >
    > Whereas Kitesurfing seems to have fizzled out a bit in Wellington
    > harbour - too windy/gusty and narrow rocky beaches (not very safe).

    Theres a few kite surfers round here, the surfs too flat for surfboarding,
    cant be enough wind for windsurfers (they normally head into the harbour)
    But every man and his dog seem to be kitesurfing. The beach here runs
    from Pleasure island to Maketu, (so about 25 k) with Tay street, Omanu,
    Papamoa etc in between
    The only thing that worries me with kitesurfing is things like that guy in
    Takaka who caught a gust of wind, and it lifted him from the beach to his
    house (and keeled the mofo)
    Although apparently they have safety releases now

    HTSTSOOP
    (Hope this scares the shit out of people :)

    Shane, Nov 20, 2005
  6. "XP" <> wrote in message

    > Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing
    > caught my
    > eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.
    >
    > About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my
    > Son
    > was asking her the price of the gear..
    >
    > Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some
    > ?3000

    psst, i can make you one for $100.

    But, you must sign a waiver.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 20, 2005
  7. XP

    Daniel Guest

    AD. wrote:
    > XP wrote:
    >

    >> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing
    >> caught my
    >> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

    > You mean Kitesurfing?
    >
    > Waikanae is good for Kitesurfing (less wind and steadier wind with wide
    > open beaches) and pretty boring for Windsurfers unless it is really
    > windy - a few Windsurfers are pushing 70km/h on the Waikanae river mouth
    > http://www.wildwinds.co.nz/Speed.htm
    >
    > Whereas Kitesurfing seems to have fizzled out a bit in Wellington
    > harbour - too windy/gusty and narrow rocky beaches (not very safe).

    Well, my concern with those things is when you get the odd "stray"
    kitesurfer who decides it would be a great idea to skateboard using one
    of those things along a populated beach front.
    When those things lose wind and come crashing down just hope your kid
    isn't under it.
    Fortunately, those who do that appear to be in the minority. Most of
    them congregate at one end of the beach, and stay there - probably
    deliberately for the issue I just mentioned.

    Daniel, Nov 20, 2005