[OT] older PC for sale

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by max barwell, Oct 23, 2004.

  1. max barwell

    max barwell Guest

    p3 1Ghz
    128 MB ram (I may have another 128MB stick floating around too)
    10 GB hdd
    8MB s3 graphics card
    nic
    modem
    soundcard
    ATX case

    Logix 15" monitor

    keyboard (no mouse sorry)

    all reasonable condition for HW of its age, will test thouroughly before
    selling, hasn't been fired up in a while, but was all working fine when
    last used.
    Could make someone a good linux box (obviously not for a resource hungry
    GUI distro), or just a low spec box for emails, wp, etc

    offers?

    I'm in Auckland central.

    regards, Max
    max barwell, Oct 23, 2004

  2. max barwell

    Collector_NZ Guest

    max barwell said the following on 23/10/2004 13:12:
    > p3 1Ghz
    > 128 MB ram (I may have another 128MB stick floating around too)
    > 10 GB hdd
    > 8MB s3 graphics card
    > nic
    > modem
    > soundcard
    > ATX case
    >
    > Logix 15" monitor
    >
    > keyboard (no mouse sorry)
    >
    > all reasonable condition for HW of its age, will test thouroughly before
    > selling, hasn't been fired up in a while, but was all working fine when
    > last used.
    > Could make someone a good linux box (obviously not for a resource hungry
    > GUI distro), or just a low spec box for emails, wp, etc
    >
    > offers?
    >
    > I'm in Auckland central.
    >
    > regards, Max

    Okay what we didnt mention is all the "Know It Alls" will now pick to
    pieces what your offering for sale and critise your level of detail in
    describing the item, they are a similar gene pool level to the OT
    abusers (Lower than pond scum) so just ignore what you dont like.

    --
    He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes
    Collector_NZ, Oct 23, 2004

  3. max barwell

    thing Guest

    max barwell wrote:
    > p3 1Ghz
    > 128 MB ram (I may have another 128MB stick floating around too)
    > 10 GB hdd
    > 8MB s3 graphics card
    > nic
    > modem
    > soundcard
    > ATX case
    >
    > Logix 15" monitor
    >
    > keyboard (no mouse sorry)
    >
    > all reasonable condition for HW of its age, will test thouroughly before
    > selling, hasn't been fired up in a while, but was all working fine when
    > last used.
    > Could make someone a good linux box (obviously not for a resource hungry
    > GUI distro), or just a low spec box for emails, wp, etc
    >
    > offers?
    >
    > I'm in Auckland central.
    >
    > regards, Max

    I run Linux on a 2 x 533p3 and with plenty of ram 500Meg it runs
    KDE/Gnome RHAS3 well.

    So in CPU terms its heaps.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Oct 23, 2004
  4. On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:12:40 +1300, max barwell wrote:

    > p3 1Ghz
    > 128 MB ram (I may have another 128MB stick floating around too)
    > 10 GB hdd
    > 8MB s3 graphics card
    > nic
    > modem
    > soundcard
    > ATX case
    >
    > Logix 15" monitor
    >
    > keyboard (no mouse sorry)
    >
    > all reasonable condition for HW of its age, will test thouroughly before
    > selling, hasn't been fired up in a while, but was all working fine when
    > last used.
    > Could make someone a good linux box (obviously not for a resource hungry
    > GUI distro), or just a low spec box for emails, wp, etc
    >
    > offers?
    >
    > I'm in Auckland central.
    >
    > regards, Max

    I offer $10 since it seems to missing a motherboard, case and PSU.

    wogers nemesis, Oct 23, 2004
  5. max barwell

    max barwell Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:11:22 +1300, wogers nemesis wrote:

    > I offer $10 since it seems to missing a motherboard, case and PSU.

    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    it says ATX case in the original post, anyway:

    250W PSU, and TI6NBF+ v1 mobo, not sure what brand this is.

    max
    max barwell, Oct 23, 2004
  6. max barwell

    Hmmm Guest

    max barwell wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:11:22 +1300, wogers nemesis wrote:
    >

    >>I offer $10 since it seems to missing a motherboard, case and PSU.

    >>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    >>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    > it says ATX case in the original post, anyway:
    >
    > 250W PSU, and TI6NBF+ v1 mobo, not sure what brand this is.
    >
    > max

    He was being what they refer to as on the 70s show a "dumbass"
    It's best to ignore postings like that, it just encourages the idiots more.

    Hmmm, Oct 23, 2004
  7. max barwell

    Hmmm Guest

    Hmmm, Oct 23, 2004
  8. max barwell

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:30:29 +1300, Hmmm <> had this to
    say:

    >max barwell wrote:
    >> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:11:22 +1300, wogers nemesis wrote:
    >>

    >>>I offer $10 since it seems to missing a motherboard, case and PSU.

    >>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    >>>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    >> it says ATX case in the original post, anyway:
    >>
    >> 250W PSU, and TI6NBF+ v1 mobo, not sure what brand this is.
    >>
    >> max

    >He was being what they refer to as on the 70s show a "dumbass"
    >It's best to ignore postings like that, it just encourages the idiots more.

    And what makes him look even more like a dumbass is that the OP
    clearly stated it included a case!
    Gurble, Oct 23, 2004
  9. max barwell

    Mike_P Guest

    "Gurble" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:30:29 +1300, Hmmm <> had this to
    > say:
    >
    >>max barwell wrote:

    >>> it says ATX case in the original post, anyway:
    >>>
    >>> 250W PSU, and TI6NBF+ v1 mobo, not sure what brand this is.
    >>>
    >>> max

    >>He was being what they refer to as on the 70s show a "dumbass"
    >>It's best to ignore postings like that, it just encourages the idiots
    >>more.
    >>

    > And what makes him look even more like a dumbass is that the OP
    > clearly stated it included a case!

    ....and a CPU
    Mike_P, Oct 23, 2004
  10. In article <pan.2004.10.23.02.04.24.204172@*nospam*paradise.net.nz>,
    maxb@*nospam*paradise.net.nz says...

    > 250W PSU, and TI6NBF+ v1 mobo, not sure what brand this is.

    A quick google reveals: 'Mycomp'.

    -P.

    --
    ***************
    direct replies to peters[underscore]spambot[at]
    Peter Huebner, Oct 24, 2004
  11. Peter Huebner wrote:
    >>250W PSU, and TI6NBF+ v1 mobo, not sure what brand this is.

    > A quick google reveals: 'Mycomp'.

    AKA TMC... I used to have one from way back(this board exactly), the
    documentation was a shocker, but the board was rock stable, and was the
    basis for my first overclocking experience, which was a PII 266 clocked
    to 400... it ran like that for years, and has only recently been
    replaced with a dual Asus board with both Cel 333s clocked at 500.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 24, 2004
  12. In article <pan.2004.10.23.00.12.39.973161@*nospam*paradise.net.nz> in
    nz.comp on Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:12:40 +1300, max barwell
    <maxb@*nospam*paradise.net.nz> says...
    > p3 1Ghz
    > 128 MB ram (I may have another 128MB stick floating around too)
    > 10 GB hdd
    > 8MB s3 graphics card
    > nic
    > modem
    > soundcard
    > ATX case
    >
    > Logix 15" monitor
    >
    > keyboard (no mouse sorry)
    >
    > all reasonable condition for HW of its age, will test thouroughly before
    > selling, hasn't been fired up in a while, but was all working fine when
    > last used.
    > Could make someone a good linux box (obviously not for a resource hungry
    > GUI distro), or just a low spec box for emails, wp, etc
    >
    > offers?
    >
    > I'm in Auckland central.
    >
    > regards, Max

    Fast enough for video editing on XP.