    --
    BLueCoBra

    -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

    BLueCoBra, Oct 2, 2003

  2. BLueCoBra

    Steve Young Guest

    >"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
    > I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting lately.
    > Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words
    > that
    > I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help here?
    > Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same as
    > the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into a
    > filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or something
    > similar or will a <space> suffice?
    > TIA for the help.

    > -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

    If you were reloading, I don't think you'd give a shit about filters

    Steve Young, Oct 2, 2003

  3. BLueCoBra

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote

    > I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting

    lately.
    > Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words

    that
    > I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help

    here?
    > Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same as
    > the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into a
    > filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or something
    > similar or will a <space> suffice?

    It's automatic. With any of that garbage open, go: Message > Create rule
    from message > check only "Where the subject line contains specific words" >
    click "contains specific words" > add a word, click "add" THEN ADD ANOTHER
    WORD. Each time you click "add" the rule will show "or xxx". This way you
    can have as many words in the filter as you like. This means you don't need
    a separate rule for every word, and you can compact previous rules you've
    constructed.

    As for it not working, it has to find an exact match for a word before it
    executes your request - a different spelling, or a space within the word,
    will invalidate it. This moron obviously knows this and is playing with us
    by circumventing the previous rules everyone has added. Blocking the domain,
    or crossposted messages, is probably better, but I can't see how to do that
    in OE6.

    Probably better to just wait until this genetic mistake reaches puberty...

    Paul

    Paul Bartram, Oct 2, 2003
  4. "Paul Bartram" <p.bartramAT OR NEARoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Probably better to just wait until this genetic mistake reaches puberty...
    >
    > Paul

    Or his D60 comes back from the shop.
    Mark_

    mark_digital©, Oct 2, 2003
  5. BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra Guest

    "Steve Young" <> wrote in message
    > >"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
    > > I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting

    lately.
    > > Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words
    > > that
    > > I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help

    here?
    > > Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same

    as
    > > the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into

    > > filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or

    something
    > > similar or will a <space> suffice?
    > > TIA for the help.

    > > -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

    > If you were reloading, I don't think you'd give a shit about filters

    A person can only do so much in one day....

    BLueCoBra, Oct 2, 2003
  6. BLueCoBra

    Steve Young Guest

    > > >"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
    > > > I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting

    > lately.
    > > > Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words
    > > > that
    > > > I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help

    > here?
    > > > Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same

    > as
    > > > the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into

    > > > filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or

    > something
    > > > similar or will a <space> suffice?
    > > > TIA for the help.

    > > > -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

    > > "Steve Young" <> wrote
    > > If you were reloading, I don't think you'd give a shit about filters

    > "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
    > A person can only do so much in one day....

    Thanks for understanding
    yesterday *was* a verrry lonnng day

    My apology for firing a cheap shot when you were asking for honest help

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Oct 3, 2003