    when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC

    My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered

    cheers dave
    Dragon, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: NYSC To PAL

    hi gary

    Macrovision is free i think it has the button but in pal nothing

    dave

    1
    > > dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

    > watch
    > > it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs

    > as
    > > when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being

    NTSC

    > > My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
    > >
    > > cheers dave
    > >

    > it depends on the DVD player you have. a lot of the cheaper ones will

    output
    > NTSC as pure PAL . My roadstar has a button marked SYSTEM and as you press
    > it it displays NTSC AUTO PAL. if you select PAL ALL DISKS PLAY IN PAL EVEN
    > NTSC ONES.
    >
    > if you have a similar button then it should record OK if macrovision is

    not

    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Gary Guest

    Re: NYSC To PAL

    Gary, Jul 2, 2004
  4. On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:21 GMT, "Dragon"
    <> wrote:

    >Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region 1
    >dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can watch
    >it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs as
    >when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC
    >
    >My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
    >
    >cheers dave

    Put DVD player in PAL mode if it has that option and it wil play in
    PAL.

    --
    Q. What are your qualifications to be a film critic?
    A. I can watch movies, I can think, and I can write.
    Arminio Grgic, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Damon Guest

    Arminio Grgic declarait :

    > On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:21 GMT, "Dragon"
    > <> wrote:

    > >Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region

    1
    > >dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

    watch
    > >it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs

    as
    > >when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC
    > >
    > >My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
    > >
    > >cheers dave
    > >

    > Put DVD player in PAL mode if it has that option and it wil play in
    > PAL.

    He could always rip it remove the macrovision and convert it to PAL.

    Damon
    --
    Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
    Accès par Nnrp ou Web
    Damon, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Gary Guest

    Re: NYSC To PAL

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > hi gary
    >
    > Macrovision is free i think it has the button but in pal nothing
    >
    > dave
    >
    > "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > > > Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on

    region
    > 1
    > > > dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

    > > watch
    > > > it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL

    vhs
    > > as
    > > > when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being

    > NTSC
    > > >
    > > > My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
    > > >
    > > > cheers dave
    > > >

    > > it depends on the DVD player you have. a lot of the cheaper ones will

    > output
    > > NTSC as pure PAL . My roadstar has a button marked SYSTEM and as you

    press
    > > it it displays NTSC AUTO PAL. if you select PAL ALL DISKS PLAY IN PAL

    EVEN
    > > NTSC ONES.
    > >
    > > if you have a similar button then it should record OK if macrovision is

    > not
    > > a problem.
    > >
    > > Gary

    What make model and someone on this group may be able to help.
    Gary, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    my player is a samasonic 2004 if this helps

    dave

    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Peter Guest

    Re: NYSC To PAL

    The best way to convert an NTSC DVD to PAL is to use the Creative Dxr3 MPEG
    decoder board/Hollywood Plus ReelMagic video card which can also be set to
    region free
    using www.remoteselector.com and where Macrovision can also be disabled as
    well.
    You can get a second hand one I'm sure for next to nothing. This card works
    under Windows XP but you must use RemoteSelector and the Hollywood Plus
    Windows 2K drivers. Then just set conversion NTSC to PAL in the settings and
    connect your VCR and record.
    Peter, Jul 4, 2004