OT: Not to be outdone

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kpg, Dec 20, 2006.

  1. kpg

    kpg Guest

    From the historical record:

    Dec 9 2003 4:32 pm

    Twas the night before Test Day, when all through the house
    Not a creature was stirring, except for a mouse;
    The Internet sites were being searched with great care,
    In hopes that Answers soon would be there;

    The candidates then nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of 900's danced in their heads;
    The braindump sites had all promised a pass,
    They were sure to land a job and get lots of cash,

    When out of the newsgroups there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang to the monitor to see what was the matter.
    Away to the keyboard I flew like a flash,
    Opened outlook express (hoping it didn't crash).

    I looked at the newsgroup, at each little line
    Everything seemed calm, really just fine
    When, what to my watering eyes should appear,
    But a thousand new posts, I almost dropped my new beer,

    It was a little old man, so mean and so bold,
    I knew in a moment it was the one foretold,
    More rapid than cable his legions they came,
    And he rallied, and shouted, and called them by name;

    "Now, Consultant! now, Frisbee! Now, Kendal and Brat!
    On, Politician Spock! on Jtyc! On, Ken and all that!
    To the top of the newsgroup! Head my momentous call!
    Now type away! Type away! Type away all!"

    Like flames that leap in a raging wild fire west,
    When they meet with a dumper they burned him in jest,
    So up to the server the mockery flew,
    You'll not get certified and our respect too.

    The torrents continued all though the night
    And then, in a twinkling, I saw a refreshing sight
    The changing of minds, though only a few.
    There is still much more work to do.

    He sprang to his keyboard, to his team gave a cheer,
    And away they all flew to go get a beer.
    But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
    "HAPPY TESTING TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!"
    kpg, Dec 20, 2006

  2. kpg

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    Re: Not to be outdone

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > From the historical record:
    >
    > Dec 9 2003 4:32 pm
    >
    > Twas the night before Test Day, when all through the house
    > Not a creature was stirring, except for a mouse;
    > The Internet sites were being searched with great care,
    > In hopes that Answers soon would be there;

    <Snip>

    I think this is probably why you make more money than me.
    FrisbeeĀ®, Dec 20, 2006

  3. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:38:25 -0800, kpg cast into the ether:

    > But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
    > "HAPPY TESTING TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!"

    I'm all verklempt.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22