OT: No, really, I'm OK.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ken Briscoe, Dec 27, 2004.

  1. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    No no, don't bother. I'm OK, really. No, it's just a measly foot of snow.
    Me, panic? Hell no! I'm a man's man, I can handle a foot of snow. But I do
    wish sometimes that we'd get some warning. You know, like "look out, your
    car will be buried in the morning." Or "Don't leave the poodle in the
    driveway." But no, all we get is "South of Boston, look for 1-4 inches on
    the Cape, 3-6 inland." I'm inland - I have 14 inches. Coincidentally, that
    much snow fell overnight as well. But really, don't worry about me. I'll be
    just fine. Yeah, I woke up at 4:30 to shovel, but really, it's not bad. I
    mean, I'm at work now, so I can always get a nap. Please, don't fret, I'll
    be alright.

    Thank you for your concern though, but please worry about the bigger issues.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    <oe-qf-sig> (ooh look, an OE-QF bug that's supposedly fixed, but actually
    isn't!)

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    it's 55 out here, light rain

    Consultant, Dec 27, 2004

  3. >-----Original Message-----
    >No no, don't bother. I'm OK, really. No, it's just a

    measly foot of snow.
    >Me, panic? Hell no! I'm a man's man, I can handle a foot

    of snow. But I do
    >wish sometimes that we'd get some warning. You know,

    like "look out, your
    >car will be buried in the morning." Or "Don't leave the

    poodle in the
    >driveway." But no, all we get is "South of Boston, look

    for 1-4 inches on
    >the Cape, 3-6 inland." I'm inland - I have 14 inches.

    Coincidentally, that
    >much snow fell overnight as well. But really, don't worry

    about me. I'll be
    >just fine. Yeah, I woke up at 4:30 to shovel, but really,

    it's not bad. I
    >mean, I'm at work now, so I can always get a nap. Please,

    don't fret, I'll
    >be alright.
    >
    >Thank you for your concern though, but please worry about

    the bigger issues.

    >--

    Only a foot of snow??? Quit your whinning.

    Keyboard Cowboy
    Up-North Thug

    Keyboard Cowboy, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Ken Briscoe

    Nerd32768 Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    > No no, don't bother. I'm OK, really. No, it's just a measly foot of snow.
    > Me, panic? Hell no! I'm a man's man, I can handle a foot of snow. But I do
    > wish sometimes that we'd get some warning. You know, like "look out, your
    > car will be buried in the morning." Or "Don't leave the poodle in the
    > driveway." But no, all we get is "South of Boston, look for 1-4 inches on
    > the Cape, 3-6 inland." I'm inland - I have 14 inches. Coincidentally, that
    > much snow fell overnight as well. But really, don't worry about me. I'll

    be
    > just fine. Yeah, I woke up at 4:30 to shovel, but really, it's not bad. I
    > mean, I'm at work now, so I can always get a nap. Please, don't fret, I'll
    > be alright.
    >
    > Thank you for your concern though, but please worry about the bigger

    issues.

    > --
    >
    > KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26
    >
    > Briscobar AT gmail DOT com
    >
    > <oe-qf-sig> (ooh look, an OE-QF bug that's supposedly fixed, but actually
    > isn't!)

    that must suck. i'm stuck here where it is freezing cold(51 degrees
    Fahrenheit) and we haven't had rain for 12 days.all of that texas snow was
    exaggerated. we haven't had snow for 9 years, and when that happened, the
    snow melted at 10 feet above ground level.

    nerd32768
    "I HATE COLD WEATHER"

    Nerd32768, Dec 27, 2004
  5. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    Wuss. Most of last week it was below 0 here. Made some
    good ice... just about ready to do some ice-fishing.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    In news:072001c4ec28$a58a7ca0$,
    Keyboard Cowboy <> rambled:

    > Only a foot of snow??? Quit your whinning.

    I'm not whining. But thank you for the encouragement.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    first.

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 27, 2004
  7. Ken Briscoe

    Nerd32768 Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    > Wuss. Most of last week it was below 0 here. Made some
    > good ice... just about ready to do some ice-fishing.

    you're the wuss, you probably cant take 110 degree heat for a week, without
    fans or A/C. i can, no sweat

    Nerd32768, Dec 27, 2004
  8. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ken Briscoe climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > No no, don't bother. I'm OK, really. No, it's just a measly foot of
    > snow. Me, panic? Hell no! I'm a man's man, I can handle a foot of
    > snow. But I do wish sometimes that we'd get some warning. You know,
    > like "look out, your car will be buried in the morning." Or "Don't
    > leave the poodle in the driveway." But no, all we get is "South of
    > Boston, look for 1-4 inches on the Cape, 3-6 inland." I'm inland - I
    > have 14 inches. Coincidentally, that much snow fell overnight as well.
    > But really, don't worry about me. I'll be just fine. Yeah, I woke up
    > at 4:30 to shovel, but really, it's not bad. I mean, I'm at work now,
    > so I can always get a nap. Please, don't fret, I'll be alright.
    >
    > Thank you for your concern though, but please worry about the bigger
    > issues.

    Quit whining. Shovelling snow builds character.

    Or something.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Dec 27, 2004
  9. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    Nerd32768 wrote:
    >> Wuss. Most of last week it was below 0 here. Made some
    >> good ice... just about ready to do some ice-fishing.

    > you're the wuss, you probably cant take 110 degree heat for a week,
    > without fans or A/C. i can, no sweat

    Feh... of course no sweat, try that in Floridar.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 27, 2004
  10. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    >without
    >fans or A/C. i can, no sweat

    what sort of deodorant do you use ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Dec 27, 2004
  11. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    Try -45 Degrees (-80 with windchill). Your Spit freezes
    solid and shatters when it hits the ground. Your runny
    nose resembles the icicles that hang off of the ledge of
    your house.. frozen solid. When pulling in the northern
    you just caught while ice fishing, you are in a race
    against time to pull the hook out of it's mouth because
    within 20 seconds, the hook and fish are frozen solid and
    you have to cut your line and re-tie a new hook to keep
    fishing. Catch and release is non-existent. Fish is
    frozen, again, within 20 seconds of landing it.

    And per your post above... try this without heat... I can,
    no sweat (literally).

    Keyboard Cowboy, Dec 27, 2004
  12. Ken Briscoe

    Kurt Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    Ever entetained the thought of moving west?

    Kurt, Dec 27, 2004
  13. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    Kurt wrote:
    > Ever entetained the thought of moving west?

    Yeah, like Washington state. I hear it never snows there.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 27, 2004
  14. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    In news:,
    Kurt <> rambled:

    > Ever entetained the thought of moving west?

    Yes. Then I remembered that my soul isn't for sale.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com will kill you! No, not! Only kidding!

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 27, 2004
  15. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Kurt wrote:
    >> Ever entetained the thought of moving west?

    > Yeah, like Washington state. I hear it never snows there.

    You hear wrong<g> But if you want to see a city paralyzed, check out
    Seattle when it does snow. None so far this year on my side of the
    Cascades, though. Can't remember a winter so mild ever. We've usually got
    at least a foot or so by now.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Dec 27, 2004
  16. Ken Briscoe

    Nerd32768 Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    > JaR
    > Thug 10110
    > Click on MCNGP.com and win nerd32768 a snowmobile!

    i prefer jetskis

    Nerd32768, Dec 27, 2004
  17. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    JaR wrote:
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> Kurt wrote:
    >>> Ever entetained the thought of moving west?

    >> Yeah, like Washington state. I hear it never snows there.
    >>

    > You hear wrong<g> But if you want to see a city paralyzed, check out
    > Seattle when it does snow. None so far this year on my side of the
    > Cascades, though. Can't remember a winter so mild ever. We've usually
    > got at least a foot or so by now.

    Most fun I ever had was when it snowed in Las Vegas. Nothing like seeing
    people trying to drive in the snow who've never seen snow before. That's
    also when I discovered that the curves on the interstate were banked.

    --
    Fris "Mario Andretti" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 27, 2004
  18. Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    Nerd32768 wrote:
    >> JaR
    >> Thug 10110
    >> Click on MCNGP.com and win nerd32768 a snowmobile!

    > i prefer jetskis

    Why do I picture Wile E Coyote here?

    --
    Fris "Acme Distributor, Texas Division" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 27, 2004
  19. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    Re: No, really, I'm OK.

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Most fun I ever had was when it snowed in Las Vegas. Nothing like seeing
    > people trying to drive in the snow who've never seen snow before. That's
    > also when I discovered that the curves on the interstate were banked.

    For the last several years, we have been subjected to a mass migration of
    escapees from the People's Republic of California. It'd be hilarious
    watching them attempt to drive on ice if I didn't have to share the road
    with them. Either 60 MPH & sideways, or stuck with the tires howling like
    deranged banshees.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Dec 27, 2004
  20. Ken Briscoe

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in

    > I have 14 inches.

    this should impress the ladies...even though it's a lie...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

    Neil, Dec 28, 2004