    --
    Tech "'What am I gonna do with the kids then?' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004

  2. TechGeekPro wrote:
    > "The kid-friendly network will go dark from noon to 3 p.m. ET
    > Saturday, Oct. 2, to mark the inaugural "Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of
    > Play." Instead of its usual lineup, the network will show messages
    > telling kids to spend the afternoon playing. Nick is also sponsoring
    > events in several U.S. cities and in India, Australia, the
    > Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore."

    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89622|1|,00.html

    What are you going to do with them kids?

    That's what things like GameCube® and GameBoy® were invented for...

    furrfu... novice parents.

    --
    Fris "And DVD's too" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 29, 2004

  3. TechGeekPro

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > --
    > Tech "'What am I gonna do with the kids then?' Geek" Pro

    Talk to them. Read a book. Play a hide and seek. Take them fishing. Or a
    baseball game. Go to the beach.

    Christ, I'm sick of these parents who don't know how to spend time with
    their kids.

    Or just send them to the in-laws' so you and the wife can have some, ahem,
    "alone time."

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 29, 2004
  4. thanks for sharing!

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:51:00 -0500, TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"The kid-friendly network will go dark from noon to 3 p.m. ET Saturday, Oct.
    >2, to mark the inaugural "Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of Play." Instead of its
    >usual lineup, the network will show messages telling kids to spend the
    >afternoon playing. Nick is also sponsoring events in several U.S. cities and
    >in India, Australia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore."
    >
    >http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89622|1|,00.html

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 29, 2004
  5. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > That's what things like GameCube© and GameBoy© were invented for...

    ....and closets.

    --
    Tech "'I'm just kidding' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  6. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    TechGeekPro wrote:

    > "The kid-friendly network will go dark from noon to 3 p.m. ET Saturday, Oct.
    > 2, to mark the inaugural "Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of Play." Instead of its
    > usual lineup, the network will show messages telling kids to spend the
    > afternoon playing. Nick is also sponsoring events in several U.S. cities and
    > in India, Australia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore."
    >
    > http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89622|1|,00.html

    BFD with my grandkids. They'll just switch to Cartoon Network or Disney.
    Or plug in a game.

    Furrfu. If they don't have a screen of some sort in front of them, they
    just wander around, zombie-like until they spot a blue glow somewhere,
    then like moths, they zero in and settle before it.

    JaR, Jul 29, 2004
  7. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "Ken Briscoe" blathered:

    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tech "'What am I gonna do with the kids then?' Geek" Pro

    > Talk to them. Read a book. Play a hide and seek. Take them fishing. Or a
    > baseball game. Go to the beach.

    Talk to them? Read to them? Play with them? The heck you say?

    > Christ, I'm sick of these parents who don't know how to spend time with
    > their kids.

    Are you implying something?

    > Or just send them to the in-laws' so you and the wife can have some, ahem,
    > "alone time."

    OK, *now* you're talkin'!

    --
    Tech "'Come over here, baby' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  8. Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tech "'What am I gonna do with the kids then?' Geek" Pro

    > Talk to them.

    I do. Even when they're watching TV or playing games.

    > Read a book.

    STOP READING DADDY! (Said almost as often as STOP SINGING DADDY!)

    > Play a hide and seek.

    We call that "bath time" or "bed time"

    > Take them fishing.

    They'd kill each other. And I'd probably drown.

    > Or a baseball game.

    No baseball in these here parts that I know of since the Gators don't play
    now.

    > Go to the beach.

    Last time we did that, I got buried in the sand. Took seven hours for my
    wife to find me again.

    > Christ, I'm sick of these parents who don't know how to spend time
    > with their kids.

    The ONLY time I DON'T spend time with my kids is when I'm at work.

    > Or just send them to the in-laws' so you and the wife can have some,
    > ahem, "alone time."

    My in-laws are passed-on. Her in-laws (my parents) are in Pennsylvania and
    haven't spoken to each other in about 40 years. I suppose we could put them
    on a bus, however, or teach them to hitch-hike.

    There's no such thing as "alone time" when you're poor.

    --
    Fris "Parenting 102" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 29, 2004
  9. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "JaR" blathered:

    > Furrfu. If they don't have a screen of some sort in front of them, they
    > just wander around, zombie-like until they spot a blue glow somewhere,
    > then like moths, they zero in and settle before it.

    They must be related to my kids, somehow.

    --
    Tech "Stressed Parent Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  10. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" blathered:

    > thanks for sharing!

    You're welcome.

    --
    Tech "Obligatory Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 29, 2004
  11. TechGeekPro

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > On Jul 29, 2004 "JaR" blathered:
    >
    > > Furrfu. If they don't have a screen of some sort in front of them, they
    > > just wander around, zombie-like until they spot a blue glow somewhere,
    > > then like moths, they zero in and settle before it.

    > They must be related to my kids, somehow.

    You guys must have the same mailman.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 29, 2004
  12. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    > Talk to them. Read a book. Play a hide and seek. Take them fishing. Or a
    > baseball game. Go to the beach.
    > Christ, I'm sick of these parents who don't know how to spend time with
    > their kids.

    Quad riding in the dunes.

    Jtyc, Jul 29, 2004
  13. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Ken Briscoe wrote:

    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Jul 29, 2004 "JaR" blathered:
    >>

    >>>Furrfu. If they don't have a screen of some sort in front of them, they
    >>>just wander around, zombie-like until they spot a blue glow somewhere,
    >>>then like moths, they zero in and settle before it.

    >>They must be related to my kids, somehow.

    > You guys must have the same mailman.

    The SOB must have a hell of a route.

    JaR

    JaR, Jul 29, 2004
  14. TechGeekPro

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> spewed in

    > "The kid-friendly network will go dark from noon to 3 p.m. ET
    > Saturday, Oct. 2, to mark the inaugural "Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of
    > Play." Instead of its usual lineup, the network will show messages
    > telling kids to spend the afternoon playing. Nick is also sponsoring
    > events in several U.S. cities and in India, Australia, the
    > Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore."
    >
    > http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89622|1|,00.
    > html

    isn't that kind of like a bank telling you to keep the money in your
    matress?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 29, 2004
  15. TechGeekPro

    kpg Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\138921.htm (7/29/2004 5:22:33

    PM) #
    > babbling on and on again TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> spewed in
    >
    > > "The kid-friendly network will go dark from noon to 3 p.m. ET
    > > Saturday, Oct. 2, to mark the inaugural "Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of
    > > Play." Instead of its usual lineup, the network will show messages
    > > telling kids to spend the afternoon playing. Nick is also sponsoring
    > > events in several U.S. cities and in India, Australia, the
    > > Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore."
    > >
    > > http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89622|1|,00.
    > > html
    > >

    > isn't that kind of like a bank telling you to keep the money in your
    > matress?

    Yeah, but they know those lazy mind-numbed little blobs of lard can't
    even find the front door.

    kpg, Jul 29, 2004
  16. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Neil wrote:

    > isn't that kind of like a bank telling you to keep the money in your
    > matress?

    More like a pr0n site telling you to go get a girlfriend and get laid.

    JaR, Jul 29, 2004
  17. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "JaR" blathered:

    > The SOB must have a hell of a route.

    Fo' Shizzle.

    --
    Tech "Gangta' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 30, 2004
  18. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 29, 2004 "Neil" blathered:

    > isn't that kind of like a bank telling you to keep the money in your
    > matress?

    Or Phillip Morris advertising that there is "no safe cigarette".

    --
    Tech "Oxymoronic Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 30, 2004
  19. TechGeekPro

    Guest Guest

    or stev erwin telling the world how much of a di*k he is

    7C89622%7C1%7C,00.
    >> html
    >>

    >isn't that kind of like a bank telling you to keep the

    money in your
    >matress?
    >
    >--
    >Neil MCNGP #30
    >Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata

    descendum pantorum.

    >When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-who died

    peacefully in
    >his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his

    car.

    Guest, Jul 30, 2004
  20. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 30, 2004 "" blathered:

    > or stev erwin telling the world how much of a di*k he is

    I guess if that were the most intelligence comment I could muster, I'd post
    anonymously too.

    --
    Tech "Anti-Anonymous Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+