OT nFilter/Troll Buster

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ralford, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. ralford

    ralford Guest

    Admittedly off topic, but considering the problems in this group perhaps it
    is excusable.

    nFilter looks very promising, however, the site appears closed. I located
    an archive site with the FAQ and info at

    http://web.archive.org/web/20011214025608/www.nfilter.org/index.html

    I haven't been able to get the downloads at that site to work, XP indicates
    the exe is not a valid file. However, another site, Troll-busters:

    http://troll-busters.0catch.com/gen/download.html

    has an updated 1.2.1-TB that appears to built off of a later version. The TB
    site also has a more involved example nfilter.dat file with examples of
    scoring.

    btw: filtering on off topic groups does work for me, filtering on "path"
    doesn't work yet.

    Cheers,

    RMA

    ralford, Feb 19, 2004

  2. ralford

    browntimdc Guest

    "ralford" <> wrote in

    > Admittedly off topic, but considering the problems in this group
    > perhaps it is excusable.
    >
    > nFilter looks very promising, however, the site appears closed. I
    > located an archive site with the FAQ and info at

    I like the scoring system of Xnews (http://Xnews.newsguy.com)

    Not only can I filter out the garbage and killfile the jerks, I can also
    highlight the threads with keywords I'm interested in.

    Tim

    --

    "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    and the second strongest is to resist it."

    Kenneth Graham

    browntimdc, Feb 20, 2004