[OT News] RIP Sanyo

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Your Name, Nov 30, 2011.

  1. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    From today's PCAuthority.com.au junk emails ...

    RIP Sanyo
    ---------
    Panasonic confirms that Sanyo will cease to be from early
    next year.

    Panasonic has announced that the Sanyo brand will cease to
    exist from early next year.

    It's unclear at this stage whether or not products like
    Sanyo's popular Xacti pistol-grip camcorders or projectors
    will move over to Panasonic's roster, but the news of
    15,000 job cuts doesn't bode well for the electronics
    giant.

    Panasonic bought Sanyo for Aus$4.3 billion back in 2008,
    but a strong Yen and tough competition from the likes of
    Samsung and LG prove that even giants can have their bad
    days.
    Your Name, Nov 30, 2011

  2. Your Name

    Donchano Guest

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:30:21 +1300, (Your Name)
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >RIP Sanyo
    > ---------
    > Panasonic confirms that Sanyo will cease to be from early
    > next year.

    I can't remember when I last bought - or even saw - a Sanyo product.
    Donchano, Dec 3, 2011