OT: MSN Tech Support

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Keyboard Cowboy, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Ok... I gotta share this. My soon to be mother in law
    took it upon herself to call tech support due to some
    issues when upgrading (ha) to MSN 9. Dial up of course.
    Seems her internet connection has been slow lately. So
    she gets on the phone with the help desk. They have her
    go through some of her network connections (why?), make a
    couple changes, and somewhere in there... pointed out to
    her that she had 128k+ connection to the internet. Now, I
    am not so egotistical to think that I know everything...
    but she is dialing up on a 56K modem... and the tech is
    telling her she has speeds of 128k +... not just 128.. but
    better. This she was explaining to me... I tried to get
    away... I tried my best to just walk away... but no. My
    Fiance stopped me. So, I explained as delicatley as I
    could... a 56K modem is exactly that... the BEST you are
    going to get is probably about 50-52k... But they looked
    at me like I am stupid (I am the one here with an A+ and
    MCSA)... I said, that would be like trying to drive 100
    MPH through a thick forest... Or It just won't work. Now,
    my soon to be Mother in law is not the one I hold
    responsible on this... to think that TECH SUPPORT told her
    that she had those kinds of speed over a dialup conncetion
    on a 56k modem is beyond me. huh. What is this world
    coming to (either that... or they have some amazing 56k
    modems in india where that tech support is at).

    Keyboard Cowboy, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Keyboard Cowboy

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it "Keyboard Cowboy"
    <> said in news:244901c4acb0
    $11e4ded0$:

    > nd the tech is
    > telling her she has speeds of 128k +

    no,no,no...the tech guy told her 128+, not 128k+

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Keyboard Cowboy

    kpg Guest

    Re: MSN Tech Support

    compression

    kg

    kpg, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Re: MSN Tech Support

    Compression would load things faster and maybe give the
    impression of faster speeds... but the actual bytes
    transferred would still not go above.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Keyboard Cowboy

    JaR Guest

    Re: MSN Tech Support

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Keyboard Cowboy climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    But the monkey^H^H^H^Highly trained person from TECH SUPPORT told her that.
    Who the fsck do you, a mere MCSA, think you are to argue with an edict from
    TECH SUPPORT? If you were so Ghoddanged smart, why aren't you working on a
    hell-des^H^H^H^HTech Support facility?

    I swear, is there no end to your ego?

    JaR
    Grinnin' Thug

    JaR, Oct 7, 2004
  6. Keyboard Cowboy

    Andy Foster Guest

    Re: MSN Tech Support

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > compression

    or concussion

    Andy Foster, Oct 8, 2004
  7. Keyboard Cowboy

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    let me give a little piece of advice. don't argue with your in-laws. as a
    matter of fact..

    *rowdy comes close and whispers*
    stay the hell away from your in-laws. that are all insane! they are just
    hiding it until after the wedding.
    *rowdy slowly walks backwards and tip toes away*

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in

    Rowdy Yates, Oct 8, 2004