OT: MSI K9N Platinum WARNING !!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Lamneth, Jun 9, 2007.

  1. Lamneth

    Lamneth Guest

    According to http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34206 and a
    Tech Support rep at MSI

    These are the only boards affected by random shut downs due to a bad
    capacitor when Burning DVD's or doing various CPU intensive operations, but
    it's bullshit. ADD 601-7250-070 to the list also. I run a PC shop and I have
    just sent all 12 of mine to RMA, regardless of what the Support person
    said.. Stay away from this board unless you plan on getting an RMA for it. I
    am not sure at this point if the SLI version of the board has the bad
    capacitor or not. I could replace the capacitors myself but it would kill
    the warranties. I hope the folks at MSI are embarassed and wont let this
    shit happen again.

    Just a heads up folks....

    Later,

    Lamneth