OT: more open source outsourcing!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Vigo Breadcrumbs, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Yet another in "Salon"'s live-from-Bangalore columns on IT outsourcing:
    http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2004/04/06/offshoring_bad/index.html

    tiny:
    http://tinyurl.com/2auat

    I found this week's column particularly poignant, as it talks about many
    of the worst aspects of my time with the Dot-Commies.

    Relevant quote: "Where did all our savings go when, at the end of the
    day, we have a piece-of-shit system that'll just need to be replaced in
    three years?"

    How an Indian web designer is shivving...err, saving capitalism:
    http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2004/04/06/outsource_myself/index.html

    tiny:
    http://tinyurl.com/3axfl

    Some wonderfully caustic, and some corporate apologist, follow-up to
    last week's "open source" outsourcing article:

    http://www.salon.com/tech/letters/2004/04/06/yet_more_outsourcing_letter
    s/index.html

    tiny:
    http://tinyurl.com/2a7p5

    Warning: You will need to watch a brief John Kerry campaign ad to access
    the content.

    Happy reading.
    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Vigo Breadcrumbs