    at all concerned.

    http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html

    DAVO
    DAVO, Sep 14, 2006

  2. DAVO

    lled Guest

    "DAVO" <> wrote in message
    news:%8lOg.29003$...
    > Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    > you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    > for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >
    > Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    > link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    > passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open

    up
    > your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.

    DON'T CLICK ON A LINK YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS GOING.

    DON'T OPEN, VIEW OR OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH AN EMAIL YOU DON'T KNOW ITS
    ORIGIN.

    If you do that you will never get hit.
    lled, Sep 15, 2006

  3. DAVO

    Noddy Guest

    "DAVO" <> wrote in message

    > Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    > link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    > passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open
    > up
    > your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.

    Thanks for cross posting that into 8 million different groups :)

    Quick tip:

    You didn't receive an email from your bank, and you will *never* get a
    legitimate email from any bank. Bank's do not send correspondence to their
    customers via email. At all, ever.

    If the bank needs to contact you for any reason, then they will do so in
    writing or by telephone, and provide your with *your* private details to
    confirm their identity.

    --
    Regards,
    Noddy.
    Noddy, Sep 15, 2006
  4. DAVO

    John_H Guest

    Noddy wrote:

    >You didn't receive an email from your bank, and you will *never* get a
    >legitimate email from any bank. Bank's do not send correspondence to their
    >customers via email. At all, ever.

    Mine does, regularly. :)

    Last time was this morning, in response to information I'd requested
    by telephone. What they actually sent on this occasion was
    instructions how to access the required information on the bank's
    site, but not the link to the site.

    What banks won't do is send emails with links or requests to log onto
    their banking sites.

    Their last review of my business account (overdraft limits, interest
    rates, etc) was conducted entirely by email. I've also had them email
    internet banking passwords for new accounts on several occasions (and
    from several different banks).

    --
    John H
    John_H, Sep 15, 2006
  5. DAVO

    Bonzo Guest

    "lled" <> wrote in message

    > "DAVO" <> wrote in message
    >> Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of
    >> internet banking. If
    >> you are not interested, don't read any further but if you
    >> are responsible
    >> for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >>
    >> Just received this from my bank and now all you need to
    >> do is click on a
    >> link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets
    >> out to steal your
    >> passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly
    >> will be to open

    > up
    >> your banking each day to see if you have been
    >> compromised.

    > DON'T CLICK ON A LINK YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS GOING.
    >
    > DON'T OPEN, VIEW OR OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH AN EMAIL YOU
    > DON'T KNOW ITS
    > ORIGIN.
    >
    > If you do that you will never get hit.

    Hear hear! Only bozos stupid enough to do this would be
    compromised.

    And, from my experience, there are many such bozos out there
    waiting to be fleeced.

    Just witness the huge response these Nigerian scams receive!

    Regards

    Bonzo
    Bonzo, Sep 15, 2006
  6. DAVO

    Bonzo Guest

    "Noddy" <> wrote in message

    > "DAVO" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Just received this from my bank and now all you need to
    >> do is click on a
    >> link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets
    >> out to steal your
    >> passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly
    >> will be to open up
    >> your banking each day to see if you have been
    >> compromised.

    > Thanks for cross posting that into 8 million different
    > groups :)
    >
    > Quick tip:
    >
    > You didn't receive an email from your bank, and you will
    > *never* get a legitimate email from any bank. Bank's do
    > not send correspondence to their customers via email. At
    > all, ever.
    >
    > If the bank needs to contact you for any reason, then they
    > will do so in writing or by telephone, and provide your
    > with *your* private details to confirm their identity.

    Try telling that to all the bozos out there waiting to be
    fleeced!

    Regards

    Bonzo
    Bonzo, Sep 15, 2006
  7. DAVO

    Hammer Guest

    "Noddy" <> wrote in message

    > "DAVO" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    >> link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    >> passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open
    >> up
    >> your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.

    > Thanks for cross posting that into 8 million different groups :)
    >
    > Quick tip:
    >
    > You didn't receive an email from your bank, and you will *never* get a
    > legitimate email from any bank. Bank's do not send correspondence to their
    > customers via email. At all, ever.

    Yes they do.

    > If the bank needs to contact you for any reason, then they will do so in
    > writing or by telephone, and provide your with *your* private details to
    > confirm their identity.

    No they don't.

    I work for a bank and have a fair bit to do with the people that look after
    email and the web sites and can assure you that what Brett Kimmorly says
    above is incorrect.

    Hammer, Sep 15, 2006
  8. DAVO

    Noddy Guest

    "Hammer" <> wrote in message

    > Yes they do.

    Just to correct what I mentioned earlier, I should have said *unsolicited*
    email.

    Replying to requests by email is common.

    --
    Regards,
    Noddy.
    Noddy, Sep 15, 2006
  9. DAVO wrote:
    > Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    > you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    > for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >
    > Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    > link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    > passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open up
    > your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.
    >
    > It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as part of
    > your online banking security which could mean defence for the bank if you
    > are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the time to read it if you are
    > at all concerned.
    >
    > http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    >
    > DAVO

    You're an idiot!!!

    HTH
    sarahs choice, Sep 15, 2006
  10. "Hammer" <> wrote in message

    > No they don't.
    >
    > I work for a bank and have a fair bit to do with the people that look

    after
    > email and the web sites and can assure you that what Brett Kimmorly says
    > above is incorrect.

    Are you the guy from the St George ad?
    Spankalogical Protocol, Sep 15, 2006
  11. DAVO

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Noddy" <> wrote in message

    > Quick tip:
    >
    > You didn't receive an email from your bank, and you will *never* get a
    > legitimate email from any bank. Bank's do not send correspondence to their
    > customers via email. At all, ever.
    >
    > If the bank needs to contact you for any reason, then they will do so in
    > writing or by telephone, and provide your with *your* private details to
    > confirm their identity.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Noddy.

    So you just found the net a couple days ago huh? Well when you go to school
    they may let you see how it works. Yes banks send a lot of E-Mail out to
    their account holders. As to Phish E-Mails they are easy to protect yourself
    from, but there will always be idiots with a computer who will fall for
    scams. Just look at you with that statement you just made. You have not a
    clue, but you can get on line. <shrug>
    --
    25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
    from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

    Peter Weisbach
    Alex Clayton, Sep 15, 2006
  12. DAVO

    mal Guest

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:59:07 GMT, "DAVO" <> wrote:

    >Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    >you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    >for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >
    >Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    >link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    >passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open up
    >your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.
    >
    >It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as part of
    >your online banking security which could mean defence for the bank if you
    >are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the time to read it if you are
    >at all concerned.
    >
    >http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    >
    >DAVO

    Use a FIREWALL and NEVER ever have these problems.
    Every bank I am with strongly suggest to have a FIREWALL installed.
    mal, Sep 15, 2006
  13. DAVO

    mal Guest

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:59:07 GMT, "DAVO" <> wrote:

    >Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    >you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    >for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >
    >Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    >link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    >passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open up
    >your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.
    >
    >It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as part of
    >your online banking security which could mean defence for the bank if you
    >are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the time to read it if you are
    >at all concerned.
    >
    >http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    >
    >DAVO

    BANKS do not email its users. Westpac has a WARNING about this on
    their web site as do most other banks. Their are crooks that send out
    emails to those people without a brain in their heads and expects
    people like you to open the email and go to these bogas sites that
    look like the real thing. People like you then enter their bank
    details using their passwords. The crooks then hav eyour password to
    run amock.

    NEVER EVER open emails sent by banks. NONE hav eyour email address to
    begin with. These crooks are only after your login details to get
    access to your bank accounts.

    For further information contact your local police department.
    mal, Sep 15, 2006
  14. DAVO

    Noddy Guest

    "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message

    > So you just found the net a couple days ago huh?

    Yeah. How'd you know?

    > Well when you go to school they may let you see how it works.

    I'll look forward to that.

    > Yes banks send a lot of E-Mail out to their account holders.

    They do in reply to direct responses from customers, either by answering
    emails, or replying by email to equiries made by other means.

    As I corrected my initial reply earlier, they don't send unsolicited emails.

    > As to Phish E-Mails they are easy to protect yourself from, but there will
    > always be idiots with a computer who will fall for scams. Just look at you
    > with that statement you just made. You have not a clue, but you can get on
    > line. <shrug>

    Thanks for that.

    Maybe next time, instead of being a self righteous fuckwit and simply saying
    "you're wrong", you could offer some insight as to why. I mean, just so we
    can all see just how clever you are and appreciate your brilliance.

    Fucking idiot.

    --
    Regards,
    Noddy.
    Noddy, Sep 15, 2006
  15. DAVO

    Petzl Guest

    "mal" <> wrote in message
    || On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:59:07 GMT, "DAVO" <> wrote:
    ||| It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as
    ||| part of your online banking security which could mean defence for
    ||| the bank if you are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the
    ||| time to read it if you are at all concerned.
    ||| http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    ||| DAVO
    || Use a FIREWALL and NEVER ever have these problems.
    || Every bank I am with strongly suggest to have a FIREWALL installed.

    http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6089&pid=45655&st=0&#entry45655
    or http://tinyurl.com/lxvkv

    Check my signature on this webpage for minimum but good computer security
    (all links offer free software)

    --
    Petzl
    Petzl, Sep 15, 2006
  16. DAVO

    Kirilenko Guest

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:59:07 GMT, "DAVO" <> wrote:

    >Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    >you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    >for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >
    >Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    >link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    >passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open up
    >your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.
    >
    >It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as part of
    >your online banking security which could mean defence for the bank if you
    >are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the time to read it if you are
    >at all concerned.
    >
    >http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    >
    >DAVO

    Yes that's called Phishing

    Only stupid people get fooled by phishing. If people are stupid enough
    to fill in their detals on non-banking sites that's their problem. All
    they need to do is look at the address bar. If you're with the
    national and in the address bar it has "www.bankingnews.com" and you
    still enter your details you deserve to have all your money stolen.

    That's no different to if a someone watches you enter your PIN number.
    Kirilenko, Sep 15, 2006
  17. DAVO

    Hammer Guest

    "Spankalogical Protocol" <> wrote in message

    > "Hammer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> No they don't.
    >>
    >> I work for a bank and have a fair bit to do with the people that look

    > after
    >> email and the web sites and can assure you that what Brett Kimmorly says
    >> above is incorrect.
    >>

    > Are you the guy from the St George ad?

    No - I have more hair.
    Hammer, Sep 15, 2006
  18. DAVO

    Hammer Guest

    "Noddy" <> wrote in message

    > "Hammer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Yes they do.

    > Just to correct what I mentioned earlier, I should have said *unsolicited*
    > email.
    >
    > Replying to requests by email is common.

    Yes they do. I was involved in an email campaign to encourage people to
    sign up for one of our accounts and another one to encourage people to
    register for our internet banking service. Both campaigns were hugely
    succesful.

    Hammer, Sep 15, 2006
  19. DAVO

    Kirilenko Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:12:04 +1000, sarahs choice <"Andys-Nemesis
    "@andysaloser.com> wrote:

    >DAVO wrote:
    >> Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    >> you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    >> for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >>
    >> Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    >> link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    >> passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open up
    >> your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.
    >>
    >> It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as part of
    >> your online banking security which could mean defence for the bank if you
    >> are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the time to read it if you are
    >> at all concerned.
    >>
    >> http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    >>
    >> DAVO
    >>

    >You're an idiot!!!
    >
    >HTH

    He already proved that when he posted his initial post against
    Internet Banking. He just confirmed it by posting this new message.
    Only idiots will get conned via Internet Banking - and they can easily
    get ripped off via non-Internet banking as well, if they're stupid
    enough.
    Kirilenko, Sep 15, 2006
  20. DAVO

    Kirilenko Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:38:16 GMT, mal <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:59:07 GMT, "DAVO" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Recently I copped some flak warning of the dangers of internet banking. If
    >>you are not interested, don't read any further but if you are responsible
    >>for your hard earned cash, read on.
    >>
    >>Just received this from my bank and now all you need to do is click on a
    >>link that may have nothing to do with banking but sets out to steal your
    >>passwords etc via a worm or Trojan. The challenge shortly will be to open up
    >>your banking each day to see if you have been compromised.
    >>
    >>It's getting worse as now we are being told to use SMS banking as part of
    >>your online banking security which could mean defence for the bank if you
    >>are compromised and were not using SMS. Take the time to read it if you are
    >>at all concerned.
    >>
    >>http://national.com.au/Internet_Banking/0,,60615,00.html
    >>
    >>DAVO
    >>

    >BANKS do not email its users. Westpac has a WARNING about this on
    >their web site as do most other banks. Their are crooks that send out
    >emails to those people without a brain in their heads and expects
    >people like you to open the email and go to these bogas sites that
    >look like the real thing. People like you then enter their bank
    >details using their passwords. The crooks then hav eyour password to
    >run amock.

    Yes banks tell everyone constantly they never send emails to people
    with links in them.

    But even if they did when you click them and open them, the address in
    the address bar should tell people it's not their banking site.

    >NEVER EVER open emails sent by banks. NONE hav eyour email address to
    >begin with. These crooks are only after your login details to get
    >access to your bank accounts.

    The problem is DAVO is a bit of a moron who proved he didn't have a
    cue with his initial post against Internet Banking. It's people like
    DAVO who the criminals love - stupid idiotic morons. DAVO would
    probably provide all this money to these groups "Congratulations you
    have won $50,000. Please send a $100 claim fee to ... and we'll send
    you your prize", and provide his bank details to the Nigerian
    scammers.
    Kirilenko, Sep 15, 2006