    of me. What I meant to say was, could I talk to someone who actually knows
    something?"

    (Not a personal experience)

    Dragon, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Dragon

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Dragon" <> prattled ceaslessly in
    news::

    > Manning the computer help desk for the local school district was my
    > first job. And though I was just an intern, I took the job very
    > seriously. But not every caller took me seriously. "Can I talk to a
    > real person?" a caller asked. "I am real," I said. "Oh, I'm sorry,"
    > the caller said. "That was rude of me. What I meant to say was, could
    > I talk to someone who actually knows something?"
    >
    > (Not a personal experience)

    My personal experience is that when I don't know what to do right away,
    people are shocked. I once had a user bring me a 10-key calculator to
    fix. Come to think of it, I did fix it -- I issued a PO for a new one.
    <g>

    What I really need is a magic wand. Or a shotgun. <sigh>

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    catwalker63, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Dragon

    nerd32768 Guest

    Re: Monday Smiley

    That's happening to the "professional" computer guy at my school. Teachers
    call asking for help. when ever the computer guy gets there, they ask for
    somebody who knows something. Unfortunately, I am his replacement during one
    of my periods. Things that take him a day only take me half an hour, and the
    hardest part is dealing with teachers. Needless to say, the other guy is
    close to being fired

    nerd32768, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Doom Guest

    > What I really need is a magic wand. Or a shotgun. <sigh>

    I have a 2 x 4 that I use. I call it my magic wand. I also call it a user
    smartening stick.

    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Dragon

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in message

    > > What I really need is a magic wand. Or a shotgun. <sigh>

    > I have a 2 x 4 that I use. I call it my magic wand. I also call it a user
    > smartening stick.

    Only a 2 x 4? I figured that we needed a 4 x 4 as a minimum.
    I really prefer a tire iron.

    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    LnkWizard, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Doom Guest

    > Only a 2 x 4? I figured that we needed a 4 x 4 as a minimum.
    > I really prefer a tire iron.

    I found a 4 x 4 did too much damage. A tire iron hmmm I never thought of
    that. I'll give it a try.

    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  7. Dragon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Doom climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >> Only a 2 x 4? I figured that we needed a 4 x 4 as a minimum.
    >> I really prefer a tire iron.
    >>

    > I found a 4 x 4 did too much damage. A tire iron hmmm I never thought of
    > that. I'll give it a try.

    An aluminum police baton I have is referred to as the "Politer" One quick
    tap upside the head, and the most obnoxious luser becomes politer'n heck.

    JaR
    Polite Candidate

    JaR, Oct 19, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it JaR <> said in

    > An aluminum police baton I have is referred to as the "Politer" One
    > quick tap upside the head, and the most obnoxious luser becomes
    > politer'n heck.

    HEY!!!!!!!!!! Damnit! you owe me a new keyboard...

    crap all over my desk...stupid JaR...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 19, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > crap all over my desk...stupid JaR...

    WHATTHEFUCK!?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 19, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Doom Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message

    >> crap all over my desk...stupid JaR...

    > WHATTHEFUCK!?

    I'm surprised THAT got through.

    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in message

    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > > "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> crap all over my desk...stupid JaR...

    > > WHATTHEFUCK!?
    > >

    > I'm surprised THAT got through.

    Me too, but I'm assuming that MS's filters search for (SPACE-F-U-C-K), so
    that I could write SUPERFUCKALICIOUS, and it would get through.

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 19, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it "Ken Briscoe" <> said in

    > "Doom" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > WHATTHEFUCK!?
    >> >

    >> I'm surprised THAT got through.

    > Me too, but I'm assuming that MS's filters search for (SPACE-F-U-C-K),

    so
    > that I could write SUPERFUCKALICIOUS, and it would get through.

    infuckingdeedly

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 19, 2004
  13. Dragon

    > "Doom" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > WHATTHEFUCK!?
    >> >

    >> I'm surprised THAT got through.

    > Me too, but I'm assuming that MS's filters search for (SPACE-F-U-C-K), so
    > that I could write SUPERFUCKALICIOUS, and it would get through.

    So does diemotherfuckerdie go through?

    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  14. Dragon

    Doom Guest

    > So does diemotherfuckerdie go through?

    Well I'll be.

    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  15. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    PING: Neil and Doom

    Don't abuse the privelege to say "****" on Microsoft's newsgroups.

    Thankyoufuckers.

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 19, 2004
  16. Dragon

    Doom Guest

    Re: Neil and Doom

    > Don't abuse the privelege to say "****" on Microsoft's newsgroups.
    >
    > Thankyoufuckers.

    fuckyouverymuch

    Doom
    swearin' thug

    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  17. Dragon

    Neil Guest

    Re: PING: Neil and Doom

    > Don't abuse the privelege to say "****" on Microsoft's newsgroups.
    >
    > Thankyoufuckers.

    oddly my "infsckingdeedly" didn't seem to go through but a full fledged
    pure form will.....hmmmmmm....

    M$ Hates me
    :'(

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 19, 2004
  18. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: PING: Neil and Doom

    > oddly my "infsckingdeedly" didn't seem to go through but a full fledged
    > pure form will.....hmmmmmm....
    >
    > M$ Hates me

    No doubt they hate you, but I can see your initial "infuckingdeedly" post.

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 19, 2004
  19. Dragon

    Neil Guest

    Re: PING: Neil and Doom

    incase you missed it Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> said in

    > incase you missed it "Ken Briscoe" <> said in
    >
    >> Don't abuse the privelege to say "****" on Microsoft's newsgroups.
    >>
    >> Thankyoufuckers.
    >>

    > oddly my "infsckingdeedly" didn't seem to go through but a full fledged
    > pure form will.....hmmmmmm....
    >
    > M$ Hates me
    >:'(

    well, Ken what ever you said was quickly demolished. we should be
    recieving a visit from John Eddy any moment :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 19, 2004
  20. Dragon

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Doom" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    >> What I really need is a magic wand. Or a shotgun. <sigh>

    > I have a 2 x 4 that I use. I call it my magic wand. I also call it a
    > user smartening stick.

    Yeah, I've tried the stick method but nothing scares them straight
    quicker than the sound of a pump action shotgun. You don't even need
    bullets.

    I did try to convince our purchaser that I need a five-pound sledge for
    my toolbox but he didn't seem convinced. <sigh>

    catwalker63, Oct 20, 2004