OT: Monday Madness

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Frisbee®, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    Had to repost this from rec.sport.football.college:

    [Onyx_Hokie ()]
    [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:56:20 -0000]

    > [Trent Woodruff ()]
    > [Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:41:29 -0600]
    >
    > > Look at what you save!
    > >
    > > http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&page=proframe&prod_id=2085239

    > I want to know how many of those they've sold at that price.

    I also want to know what country "Alden" is sitting in right now:

    Chat Information

    Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be
    joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2
    minutes)

    Chat Information

    Welcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with
    Alden.

    Alden: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, my name is Alden, how can I
    help you?

    you: Hi there.

    you: i think you may want to check this ad out immediately:

    you: http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&page=proframe&prod_id=2085239

    Alden: I'll be glad to check on that for you.

    you: List Price: $99.99 Today's Price: $137.45 You Save: ($37.46) (-37%)

    you: You "save" -37% ?

    Alden: Just to confirm are you referring to '250GB CAVIAR SE16 SATA II
    7200 3.5 RPM 16MB 3.5IN RETAIL 300MB/S'?

    you: Yes, Alden.

    Alden: Thank you for the confirming the item.

    you: Do you seriously not see the problem?

    Alden: Would you mind holding while I check on that for you?

    you: Alden.

    you: I don't want to buy the item.

    you: I want to alert you to the fact that someone at Overstock has
    apparently made a mistake.

    Alden: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

    you: and put marked a 37% price increase as a "savings"

    you: Stop typing to me out of your Customer Service Rep book.

    you: You have a brain. Use it. Speak (well, type). :)

    Alden: Let me check what best I can do for you.

    you: good lord

    you: goodbye.. please report the error to your supervisors

    --
    Onyx_Hokie

    "To those who have fought for it,
    freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Frisbee®, Feb 5, 2007

  2. "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > Had to repost this from rec.sport.football.college:
    >
    > [Onyx_Hokie ()]
    > [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:56:20 -0000]
    >
    > > [Trent Woodruff ()]
    > > [Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:41:29 -0600]
    > >
    > > > Look at what you save!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&page=proframe&prod_id=2085239

    > > I want to know how many of those they've sold at that price.

    > I also want to know what country "Alden" is sitting in right now:
    >
    > Chat Information
    >
    > Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be
    > joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2
    > minutes)
    >
    > Chat Information
    >
    > Welcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with
    > Alden.
    >
    > Alden: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, my name is Alden, how can I
    > help you?
    >
    > you: Hi there.
    >
    > you: i think you may want to check this ad out immediately:
    >
    > you: http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&page=proframe&prod_id=2085239
    >
    > Alden: I'll be glad to check on that for you.
    >
    > you: List Price: $99.99 Today's Price: $137.45 You Save: ($37.46) (-37%)
    >
    > you: You "save" -37% ?
    >
    > Alden: Just to confirm are you referring to '250GB CAVIAR SE16 SATA II
    > 7200 3.5 RPM 16MB 3.5IN RETAIL 300MB/S'?
    >
    > you: Yes, Alden.
    >
    > Alden: Thank you for the confirming the item.
    >
    > you: Do you seriously not see the problem?
    >
    > Alden: Would you mind holding while I check on that for you?
    >
    > you: Alden.
    >
    > you: I don't want to buy the item.
    >
    > you: I want to alert you to the fact that someone at Overstock has
    > apparently made a mistake.
    >
    > Alden: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
    >
    > you: and put marked a 37% price increase as a "savings"
    >
    > you: Stop typing to me out of your Customer Service Rep book.
    >
    > you: You have a brain. Use it. Speak (well, type). :)
    >
    > Alden: Let me check what best I can do for you.
    >
    > you: good lord
    >
    > you: goodbye.. please report the error to your supervisors
    >
    > --
    > Onyx_Hokie
    >
    > "To those who have fought for it,
    > freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

    I had the same problem with Dell.
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Frisbee®

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    So you're saying:

    BD[MCNGP], Feb 5, 2007
  4. Frisbee®

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Feb 5, 2007 at 9:40am "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > <snip>

    Thanks you sir for posting this.

    May I have your account number please?

    Will you please hold while look up your records?

    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    <click>
    TechGeekPro, Feb 5, 2007
  5. Frisbee®

    LGHT Guest

    Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
    english as their native language.

    --
    LGHT
    LGHT, Feb 5, 2007
  6. Frisbee®

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® prattled ceaselessly:

    > Had to repost this from rec.sport.football.college:
    >
    > [Onyx_Hokie ()]
    > [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:56:20 -0000]
    >
    >> [Trent Woodruff ()]
    >> [Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:41:29 -0600]
    >>
    >> > Look at what you save!
    >> >
    >> > http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&page=proframe&prod_id=2085239

    >> I want to know how many of those they've sold at that price.

    <snip>

    They fixed it. It now lists at over $220 instead of $99. They're still
    selling it for the same sale price.

    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Feb 5, 2007
  7. Frisbee®

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:48:36 -0600, LGHT cast into the ether:

    > Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
    > english as their native language.

    No way! Where'd you hear that load of guano?

    --
    JaR
    American as Pizza Pie!
    JaR, Feb 6, 2007
  8. Frisbee®

    catwalker63 Guest

    JaR prattled ceaselessly:

    > On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:48:36 -0600, LGHT cast into the ether:
    >

    >> Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
    >> english as their native language.

    > No way! Where'd you hear that load of guano?

    I think my sarcasm meter just exploded.

    catwalker63, Feb 6, 2007
  9. Frisbee®

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Feb 6, 11:17 am, catwalker63 <> wrote:

    > I think my sarcasm meter just exploded.

    Here... you can have mine. :D
    Cerebrus, Feb 6, 2007
  10. Frisbee®

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "LGHT" <> wrote in message

    > Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
    > english as their native language.

    Just because someone has a thick accent, doesn't mean that english isn't their
    primary language. That would be like saying people from Tennessee or Louisiana
    don't speak english...nevermind, I see your point.
    BD[MCNGP], Feb 6, 2007
  11. Frisbee®

    Consultant Guest

    booood lighh

    Consultant, Feb 6, 2007
  12. Frisbee®

    kpg Guest

    "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in

    > "LGHT" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them
    >> use english as their native language.
    >>

    > Just because someone has a thick accent, doesn't mean that english
    > isn't their primary language. That would be like saying people from
    > Tennessee or Louisiana don't speak english...nevermind, I see your
    > point.

    well im bag daer from louisiana and i be boude'd all day at ya fer
    bein so dôn be so coo-yôn bout the way we talk cher.
    kpg, Feb 6, 2007
  13. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in
    >
    >> "LGHT" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them
    >>> use english as their native language.
    >>>

    >> Just because someone has a thick accent, doesn't mean that english
    >> isn't their primary language. That would be like saying people from
    >> Tennessee or Louisiana don't speak english...nevermind, I see your
    >> point.

    > well im bag daer from louisiana and i be boude'd all day at ya fer
    > bein so dôn be so coo-yôn bout the way we talk cher.

    COONASS!

    I've been waiting weeks to use that!

    Oh, and Nick Saban on line 2.
    Frisbee®, Feb 6, 2007
  14. Frisbee®

    kpg Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#jepGhhSHHA.1016
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in
    >>
    >>> "LGHT" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just because someone has a thick accent, doesn't mean that english
    >>> isn't their primary language. That would be like saying people from
    >>> Tennessee or Louisiana don't speak english...nevermind, I see your
    >>> point.

    >> well im bag daer from louisiana and i be boude'd all day at ya fer
    >> bein so dôn be so coo-yôn bout the way we talk cher.

    > COONASS!
    >
    > I've been waiting weeks to use that!
    >
    > Oh, and Nick Saban on line 2.

    Do you even know what a Coonass is?
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    It's that little brown spot just below their tail.
    kpg, Feb 6, 2007
  15. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#jepGhhSHHA.1016
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >>> "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in

    >>> well im bag daer from louisiana and i be boude'd all day at ya fer
    >>> bein so dôn be so coo-yôn bout the way we talk cher.

    >> COONASS!
    >>
    >> I've been waiting weeks to use that!
    >>
    >> Oh, and Nick Saban on line 2.

    > Do you even know what a Coonass is?
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    > It's that little brown spot just below their tail.

    Them periods was hard to see.
    Frisbee®, Feb 6, 2007
  16. Frisbee®

    kpg Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OBNKFvhSHHA.2228
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#jepGhhSHHA.1016
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> "kpg" <> wrote in message

    >>> COONASS!
    >>>
    >>> I've been waiting weeks to use that!
    >>>
    >>> Oh, and Nick Saban on line 2.

    >> Do you even know what a Coonass is?
    >> .

    > Them periods was hard to see.

    That's because you're legally BLIND.

    ....and you drive a car

    I find that disturbing.
    kpg, Feb 6, 2007
  17. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OBNKFvhSHHA.2228
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#jepGhhSHHA.1016
    >>> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    >>> Do you even know what a Coonass is?
    >>> .

    >> Them periods was hard to see.

    > That's because you're legally BLIND.
    >
    > ...and you drive a car
    >
    > I find that disturbing.

    I haven't driven a car while legally blind since 2000.

    But I still think I can drive better than ANY of the rsfkn senior citizens
    in Floridar.
    Frisbee®, Feb 6, 2007
  18. Frisbee®

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >But I still think I can drive better than ANY of the rsfkn senior citizens
    >in Floridar.

    you mean ninty-five percent of the population then ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Feb 6, 2007