    me why the other party is _NOT_ the one to choose.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Neil

    Rick Guest

    Quick now is the time for Americans to get their guns and invade Canada. Let
    us all charge in to take over so that we can get cheap drugs and free
    healthcare.

    Rick

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > well, we in Canada have completed our exercise in democracy and have
    > managed to choose not to choose - almost. with the four major parties in
    > Canada no one political party achieved more than half of the seats in our
    > parliment. The Liberal Party will likely form a coalition farther left
    > leaning New Democratic Party to form a minority government. this means

    that
    > we will likely do it all again in a year, once the war treasuries are
    > restored.
    >
    > While I am not fond of the idea of a weak governemnt, I still think that
    > being able to express our concern over recent Canadian scandels and
    > politicians apathy is a precious thing. hopefully the next go around we

    can
    > choose _a_ political party. but first they will have to convince me why
    > they are the party to choose, not what they did this time - try to

    convince

    Rick, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Neil

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > well, we in Canada have completed our exercise in democracy and have
    > managed to choose not to choose - almost. with the four major parties in
    > Canada no one political party achieved more than half of the seats in our
    > parliment. The Liberal Party will likely form a coalition farther left
    > leaning New Democratic Party to form a minority government. this means

    that
    > we will likely do it all again in a year, once the war treasuries are
    > restored.
    >
    > While I am not fond of the idea of a weak governemnt, I still think that
    > being able to express our concern over recent Canadian scandels and
    > politicians apathy is a precious thing. hopefully the next go around we

    can
    > choose _a_ political party. but first they will have to convince me why
    > they are the party to choose, not what they did this time - try to

    convince
    > me why the other party is _NOT_ the one to choose.
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    And let's not forget that a party that doesn't want anything to do with us
    (except, if i understand correctly, in the end, they still want some
    transfer payments - "you can't have your cake and eat it too" so to speak)
    will take up almost 20% of valuable House of Commons space.

    In all seriousness, this whole thing comes down to accountability. This
    government will probably last less than two years, and then things will
    really get crazy.

    Steve
    molsonexpert, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Neil

    kpg Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\132680.htm (6/29/2004 7:56:45

    AM) #
    > well, we in Canada have completed our exercise in democracy and have
    > managed to choose not to choose - almost. with the four major parties in
    > Canada no one political party achieved more than half of the seats in our
    > parliment. The Liberal Party will likely form a coalition farther left
    > leaning New Democratic Party to form a minority government. this means

    that
    > we will likely do it all again in a year, once the war treasuries are
    > restored.
    >
    > While I am not fond of the idea of a weak governemnt, I still think that
    > being able to express our concern over recent Canadian scandels and
    > politicians apathy is a precious thing. hopefully the next go around we

    can
    > choose _a_ political party. but first they will have to convince me why
    > they are the party to choose, not what they did this time - try to

    convince
    > me why the other party is _NOT_ the one to choose.
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    Four parties would divide things up a bit much to run an effective
    government,
    that's why I do like the so called two party system we have in America,
    BUT...
    when those two parties are split 50/50 it leads to a similar situation. In
    that
    environment, any third party wanabe can disrupt the balance. Parity is for
    wimps
    and centrists (same thing) . Pick a side and go with it. (and don't ever
    forget that
    an occasional overthrow is natures way of keeping the politicians/dictators
    honest.)

    my 2 cents (1.49 cents Canadian)

    kpg
    kpg, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in news::

    > Quick now is the time for Americans to get their guns and invade
    > Canada. Let us all charge in to take over so that we can get cheap
    > drugs and free healthcare.

    bring your money...we like real money here...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "molsonexpert" <> wrote in news:OdNV0IdXEHA.212
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > will take up almost 20% of valuable House of Commons space.

    AAAAKKKKKK!!!!
    Treason....My Canada includes Quebec...just not the Bloc

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  7. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in news:OiqHnmdXEHA.1356
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > my 2 cents (1.49 cents Canadian)

    other way around. our 3¢ is your 2¢

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  8. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in

    > (and don't ever
    > forget that
    > an occasional overthrow is natures way of keeping the
    > politicians/dictators honest.)

    but you guys haven't had a decent revolt in ages (even though I think you
    are revolting <VBG>)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  9. Neil

    Consultant Guest

    id rather take over mexico, better beaches and food

    Consultant, Jun 29, 2004
  10. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:O30b03dXEHA.3944
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > id rather take over mexico, better beaches and food

    it's a tad warmer but you can drink our water....sometimes....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  11. Neil

    Consultant Guest

    who needs water when you have cerveza

    silly man

    Consultant, Jun 29, 2004
  12. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:#CPVc9dXEHA.736
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > who needs water when you have cerveza
    >
    > silly man

    what was I thinking...

    (then how about "clean women"....sometimes)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  13. Neil

    kpg Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\132690.htm (6/29/2004 9:09:23

    AM) #
    > "kpg" <> wrote in news:OiqHnmdXEHA.1356
    > @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > my 2 cents (1.49 cents Canadian)

    > other way around. our 3¢ is your 2¢
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    So now you're gonna think you have more cents than us.
    kpg, Jun 29, 2004
  14. Neil

    Brat® Guest

    Hey Neil? Did you watch the cbc after the vote thing? Stupid me stayed up
    until 5 am to watch it all. There was an idiot who sent in a web cam file
    blaming Atlantic Canada for voting in the Liberals... lol between 4
    provinces, we only gave them 22/135 of the seats. Ontario however, gave
    them a respectable 75 seats. Regardless of who you voted for, the fact
    remains that this twit either cannot do math or just wants to blame AC for
    its problems. It really didnt matter which party was in question, the fact
    remained that this "individual" tried to blame 4 provinces who elected an
    average of 5 seats each, for a "problem" where one province elected over
    half (55.5%). (22 seats = 16.3%)

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002

    Brat®, Jun 29, 2004
  15. Consultant wrote:
    > id rather take over mexico, better beaches and food

    yabbut don't drink the water
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 29, 2004
  16. Consultant wrote:
    > who needs water when you have cerveza

    That'll teach me to hit send before reading all the replies.
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 29, 2004
  17. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > "clean women"

    ok, I've thought this one over and I prefer my women "dirty" anywho...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  18. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in news:ONYrAMeXEHA.3044
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > So now you're gonna think you have more cents than us.

    always did...

    :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004
  19. Neil

    Consultant Guest

    you can get a room and a different woman each night for 40 bucks a week

    Consultant, Jun 29, 2004
  20. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "Brat®" <> wrote in

    > Hey Neil? Did you watch the cbc after the vote thing? Stupid me
    > stayed up until 5 am to watch it all. There was an idiot who sent in
    > a web cam file blaming Atlantic Canada for voting in the Liberals...
    > lol between 4 provinces, we only gave them 22/135 of the seats.
    > Ontario however, gave them a respectable 75 seats. Regardless of who
    > you voted for, the fact remains that this twit either cannot do math
    > or just wants to blame AC for its problems. It really didnt matter
    > which party was in question, the fact remained that this "individual"
    > tried to blame 4 provinces who elected an average of 5 seats each, for
    > a "problem" where one province elected over half (55.5%). (22 seats =
    > 16.3%)

    furrfu! I was listneing to someone from Calgary on the radio blamin
    Ontario! CEEEEEEERIPES! the Conservatives are less than a year old, would
    not have recieved the time of day a year ago when they were the C.R.A.P.
    (that still cracks me up-Canadian Reform Alliance Party for you non-
    canucks) and were hoping to get a good showing this election. They did.
    If you are too radical (sometimes the Conservative party is) and you
    can't keep your feet out of your mouth (which some in that party
    couldn't) then you are unlikely to get the Ontario vote.

    as for the distribution of seats, yup they should fix that. Winning
    Ontario means you win Canada and that's not right. It's also not right
    that the senate is unelected. but that's my opinion.

    Now all you westerners, quit yer whinin'. This should kick up a sh!tstorm
    from out west.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 29, 2004