[OT] might not be a solipsist any more

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dale, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. Dale

    Dale Guest

    solipsism implies there is no way to prove the external is not an
    extension of the internal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

    I find that I take up faith in the external for purposes of fear, hope
    and enjoyment

    taking up any faith would negate solipsism

    atheism and science fall into the same categories of faith, as with
    anything else you cannot prove the external is not an extension of the
    internal

    but I think this all justifies relative morality
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_Morality

    if everything is a choice to the internal, unless the external presents
    something tangible, there are no absolutes, and the external can only be
    known as a faith (does this mean I am still a solipsist), so one can
    only derive morality from the internal

    this said, empathy seems to be a majority opinion

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jan 26, 2014

  2. Dale

    Martin Leese Guest

    Go away, troll.
    Martin Leese, Jan 26, 2014

  3. Dale

    Mayayana Guest

    "Dale" <> wrote in message
    | solipsism implies there is no way to prove the external is not an
    | extension of the internal
    | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
    |
    | I find that I take up faith in the external for purposes of fear, hope
    | and enjoyment
    |
    | taking up any faith would negate solipsism
    |
    | atheism and science fall into the same categories of faith, as with
    | anything else you cannot prove the external is not an extension of the
    | internal

    Yes, indeed....

    | but I think this all justifies relative morality
    | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_Morality
    |
    | if everything is a choice to the internal, unless the external presents
    | something tangible, there are no absolutes, and the external can only be
    | known as a faith (does this mean I am still a solipsist), so one can
    | only derive morality from the internal
    |
    | this said, empathy seems to be a majority opinion

    But if you can't prove object then why do you
    assume that subject exists? "I think, therefore I am"
    is the best we've come up with, and that's just a
    fuzzy-headed protest of desperation.
    You're failing to stand outside the limited subject-object
    absolutism of science when you question that absolutism.
    That way lies nihilism and the danger of moral relativism.
    Mayayana, Jan 26, 2014