[OT] Microsoft's AntiSpyware Tool removes Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by T-Bone, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. T-Bone

    T-Bone Guest

    Was forwarded to me, source is unknown.

    Many Microsoft Windows users who downloaded the recently released
    AntiSpyware program from Microsoft, or had it installed through an
    automatic Windows update, woke up to a surprise. Unintentionally, the
    heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as spyware, and
    removed the program from their systems.
    AntiSpywareMicrosoft has pulled the program from its website until the
    problem can be corrected. Elias Weatherbee, a Microsoft representative,
    said the program was "only in beta" and that "a fix was forthcoming."
    "It shows how powerful our AntiSpyware program is," said Weatherbee. "Not
    only is it able to remove spyware from the system, but also the source of
    most spyware. Our competitors can't match that."
    A representative from Lavasoft, which sells Ad-Aware another spyware
    removal program, complained that Microsoft was using its monopoly and
    knowledge of the operating system to "offer features that others can't
    match."
    "Tough [POOP]," said Weatherbee.
    Many computer users did not view this new "feature" positively. "I tried to
    check the weather this morning and all my little blue "e" icons were
    missing. I couldn't get to the Internet at all. I guess I'll have to get a
    new computer," said Windows XP user Graham Newton.
    Users of alternative browsers were happy to see Internet Explorer gone.
    Thad Freeman of the Mozilla Users Group said, "I've been trying for years
    to get rid of Internet Explorer. I never imagined that Microsoft would do
    it for me. I'm ecstatic."
    Microsoft technical support was advising customers to reinstall Windows to
    regain Internet access and to disable automatic updates.
    Symantec Antivirus Research reported that virus sightings were down by 95%
    this morning.
    T-Bone, Jan 19, 2005

  2. I wonder if the 'source' of this has anything in comment with the ufo
    sightings reported over redmond :)

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:41:45 -0500, "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup>
    wrote:

    >Was forwarded to me, source is unknown.
    >
    >Many Microsoft Windows users who downloaded the recently released
    >AntiSpyware program from Microsoft, or had it installed through an
    >automatic Windows update, woke up to a surprise. Unintentionally, the
    >heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as spyware, and
    >removed the program from their systems.
    >AntiSpywareMicrosoft has pulled the program from its website until the
    >problem can be corrected. Elias Weatherbee, a Microsoft representative,
    >said the program was "only in beta" and that "a fix was forthcoming."
    >"It shows how powerful our AntiSpyware program is," said Weatherbee. "Not
    >only is it able to remove spyware from the system, but also the source of
    >most spyware. Our competitors can't match that."
    >A representative from Lavasoft, which sells Ad-Aware another spyware
    >removal program, complained that Microsoft was using its monopoly and
    >knowledge of the operating system to "offer features that others can't
    >match."
    >"Tough [POOP]," said Weatherbee.
    >Many computer users did not view this new "feature" positively. "I tried to
    >check the weather this morning and all my little blue "e" icons were
    >missing. I couldn't get to the Internet at all. I guess I'll have to get a
    >new computer," said Windows XP user Graham Newton.
    >Users of alternative browsers were happy to see Internet Explorer gone.
    >Thad Freeman of the Mozilla Users Group said, "I've been trying for years
    >to get rid of Internet Explorer. I never imagined that Microsoft would do
    >it for me. I'm ecstatic."
    >Microsoft technical support was advising customers to reinstall Windows to
    >regain Internet access and to disable automatic updates.
    >Symantec Antivirus Research reported that virus sightings were down by 95%
    >this morning.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2005

  3. T-Bone

    Neil Guest

    did you hear The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    http://www.stopabductions.com/

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us
    Neil, Jan 19, 2005
  4. >> I wonder if the 'source' of this has anything in comment with the ufo
    >> sightings reported over redmond :)

    >http://www.stopabductions.com/

    ping JaR, new keyboard, monitor & pants required please!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2005
  5. T-Bone

    LnkWizard Guest

    "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > I wonder if the 'source' of this has anything in common (IFYPFY) with the

    ufo
    > sightings reported over redmond :)
    >
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:41:45 -0500, "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Was forwarded to me, source is unknown.

    <snip>

    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    I didn't know they made hooks that big

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Jan 19, 2005
  6. T-Bone

    Doom Guest

    > I didn't know they made hooks that big

    Forget the pliers. We're gonna need the jaws of life for this one.
    Doom, Jan 19, 2005
  7. >> I didn't know they made hooks that big

    >Forget the pliers. We're gonna need the jaws of life for this one.

    It's all true damn it, microsoft antispyware just eat my dog!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2005
  8. T-Bone

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > the
    > heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as spyware, and
    > removed the program from their systems.

    So it works then!

    LOL

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 19, 2005
  9. T-Bone

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Sphere climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >>http://www.stopabductions.com/

    > ping JaR, new keyboard, monitor & pants required please!!!

    Don't bug me, I'm on step "D". BTW, anybody want to buy 141 ft roll of
    Velostat?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 19, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=, Jan 19, 2005
  11. T-Bone

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=
    climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > it was a satire page on http://www.bbspot.com

    You don't say! Well what happened to my IE then? Huh? Answer me that!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 19, 2005