    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Aug 20, 2004

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    > "Microsoft has also managed to upset women and entire countries. A
    > Spanish-language version of Windows XP, destined for Latin American

    markets,
    > asked users to select their gender between "not specified," "male" or
    > "b*tch," because of an unfortunate error in translation"

    I don't get it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

    Way back when, in Spanish speaking countries Chevy had to rename
    their popular car Nova because en espanol it means "won't run".

    This is how wars start.

    kpg

    kpg, Aug 20, 2004

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >> "Microsoft has also managed to upset women and entire countries. A
    >> Spanish-language version of Windows XP, destined for Latin American

    > markets,
    >> asked users to select their gender between "not specified," "male" or
    >> "b*tch," because of an unfortunate error in translation"
    >>

    > I don't get it. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    >
    > Way back when, in Spanish speaking countries Chevy had to rename
    > their popular car Nova because en espanol it means "won't run".
    >
    > This is how wars start.
    >
    > kpg

    I know, it's old, but this site kills me.

    http://www.engrish.com/

    JaR
    Dyin' Thug

    JaR, Aug 20, 2004
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    On Aug 20, 2004 "JaR" blathered:

    > http://www.engrish.com/

    Classic.

    --
    Tech "'Me speaky Engrish very goodly' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Aug 20, 2004
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    babbling on and on again TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> spewed in

    > On Aug 20, 2004 "JaR" blathered:
    >
    >> http://www.engrish.com/

    > Classic.

    http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?
    imagename=Candy.jpg&category=Chocolate&date=2000-11-28

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/mtrx

    "a$$e chocolate"

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 20, 2004
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Brian Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    "kpg" <> wrote
    > Way back when, in Spanish speaking countries Chevy had to rename
    > their popular car Nova because en espanol it means "won't run".

    Its a popular urban myth. This is a good web site for finding the truth
    behind such stories.

    http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

    Brian, Aug 20, 2004
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Brian climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > "kpg" <> wrote
    >> Way back when, in Spanish speaking countries Chevy had to rename
    >> their popular car Nova because en espanol it means "won't run".

    > Its a popular urban myth. This is a good web site for finding the truth
    > behind such stories.
    >
    > http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

    Party pooper!

    JaR, Aug 20, 2004
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Mike T. Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    When I saw the subject line, I naturally figured that this was going to be a
    thread about Win ME.

    Mike T., Aug 21, 2004
  9. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Mike T. climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > When I saw the subject line, I naturally figured that this was going
    > to be a thread about Win ME.

    Win ME goes well beyond a simple "oopsie"

    ME is more of an "OH FSCK!"

    IM(not so)HO, anyway.

    JaR

    JaR, Aug 21, 2004
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    On Aug 20, 2004 "JaR" blathered:

    > Win ME goes well beyond a simple "oopsie"
    >
    > ME is more of an "OH FSCK!"
    >
    > IM(not so)HO, anyway.

    Just don't post this opinion in the A+ newsgroup or you'll surly get flamed
    by a certain unnamed Im(not so)ho Tech.

    --
    Tech "'Windows Me Sucks!' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Aug 21, 2004
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    > On Aug 20, 2004 "JaR" blathered:
    >
    >> Win ME goes well beyond a simple "oopsie"
    >>
    >> ME is more of an "OH FSCK!"
    >>
    >> IM(not so)HO, anyway.

    > Just don't post this opinion in the A+ newsgroup or you'll surly get
    > flamed by a certain unnamed Im(not so)ho Tech.

    there was not excuse for ME....there are however plenty of excuses for
    me...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 21, 2004
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Brat® Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    lets see... I remember an old saying...

    MS created CE... then ME ... then came NT

    CEMENT! Surely there is some logic in that?

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002

    Brat®, Aug 21, 2004
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Mike T. Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    "Brat®" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > lets see... I remember an old saying...
    >
    > MS created CE... then ME ... then came NT
    >
    > CEMENT! Surely there is some logic in that?

    Didn't NT come first??

    --
    Mike T
    Spiffy sig currently under development.

    Mike T., Aug 21, 2004
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Mike T. climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > "Brat®" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> lets see... I remember an old saying...
    >>
    >> MS created CE... then ME ... then came NT
    >>
    >> CEMENT! Surely there is some logic in that?
    >>

    > Didn't NT come first??

    Now you've gone and fscked up a perfectly good story with the facts |-D

    JaR
    Amused Thug

    JaR, Aug 21, 2004
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    babbling on and on again "Brat®" <>
    spewed in news:DwIVc.98088$:

    http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 21, 2004
  16. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    On Aug 21, 2004 "Mike T." blathered:

    > Didn't NT come first??

    No, the chicken did.

    --
    Tech "'In the beginning...' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Aug 22, 2004
  17. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    > On Aug 21, 2004 "Mike T." blathered:
    >
    >> Didn't NT come first??

    > No, the chicken did.

    no it was the egg
    (I love starting a fight)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 22, 2004
  18. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    On Aug 21, 2004 "Neil" blathered:

    > no it was the egg
    > (I love starting a fight)

    No, it was the chicken you Godless heathen!!!

    --
    Tech "'You're going straight to heck!' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Aug 22, 2004
  19. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Mike T. Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Aug 21, 2004 "Mike T." blathered:
    >
    > > Didn't NT come first??

    > No, the chicken did.

    Yes, but WHICH chicken?

    Mike T., Aug 22, 2004
  20. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Microsoft oopsies

    TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> prattled ceaslessly in

    > On Aug 21, 2004 "Neil" blathered:
    >
    >> no it was the egg
    >> (I love starting a fight)

    > No, it was the chicken you Godless heathen!!!

    All this talk about chicken and eggs and I have only one question. When
    do we eat?

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I don't want one of those systems based on the cellulite processor."

    catwalker63, Aug 22, 2004