    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP for
    > the MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried to
    > follow the instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they are useless.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    Is there any point? These groups seem deader than dead! Not the answer
    you need, I know... I cannot get past the create nntp account screen.
    It keeps saying error.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 10, 2007

  3. True. They are pretty dead. I think this NNTP issue has a lot to do with
    it. People hate web interfaces. I was hoping, with a little help from my
    certified friends, that we could resurrect it!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 10, 2007
  4. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    Michael,

    I use Outlook Express 6 as my news reader.

    The Server Name is [msnews.microsoft.com]. It does not require
    authentication. Use the default setting for everything else. It should
    take you about 30 seconds to setup Outlook Express.

    I am not sure what you mean by "secure" newsgroups. Are there "secure"
    newsgroups and "non-secure" newsgroups?

    Mark

    Mark Hatfield, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > True. They are pretty dead. I think this NNTP issue has a lot to do with
    > it. People hate web interfaces. I was hoping, with a little help from my
    > certified friends, that we could resurrect it!

    Use a secure newsclient and proxy yourself in.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 10, 2007
  6. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    why is there a need for newsgroup security?

    Keith Chilton, Jan 10, 2007
  7. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    Mark Hatfield wrote:
    > Michael,
    >
    > I use Outlook Express 6 as my news reader.
    >
    > The Server Name is [msnews.microsoft.com]. It does not require
    > authentication. Use the default setting for everything else. It should
    > take you about 30 seconds to setup Outlook Express.
    >
    > I am not sure what you mean by "secure" newsgroups. Are there "secure"
    > newsgroups and "non-secure" newsgroups?
    >
    > Mark

    I believe Michael is referring to the private MCP newsgroups. They
    require authentication... I think secure=private in this case.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 10, 2007
  8. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 10, 2007
  9. You insight is as clear as a Florida sunny day! :) Care to give a
    little more instruction for those not blessed with your gift of
    intellect? Hey! Is that considered a flame?!? :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 11, 2007
  10. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    It is a secure newsgroup, if you can call it that now, that is design to
    benefit MCPs (Microsoft Certified Professionals). Consider it a tier 2
    technical support line. However, not many individuals are using it for
    whatever reason. I was hoping to inject some live into.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 11, 2007
  11. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > It is a secure newsgroup, if you can call it that now, that is design
    > to benefit MCPs (Microsoft Certified Professionals). Consider it a
    > tier 2 technical support line. However, not many individuals are using
    > it for whatever reason. I was hoping to inject some live into.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor
    >

    > "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> why is there a need for newsgroup security?
    >>
    >> "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in message
    >> > Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP
    >> > for the MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried
    >> > to follow the instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they
    >> > are useless.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Michael D. Alligood
    >> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    >> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    >> > CIW Certified Instructor

    GHOD, this doesn't stop does it, Michael? Be creative before I slap the
    crap out of your cannuk a$$ because I've seen you do it, just take the
    initiative TO do it. Go create an IRC chatroom somewhere. Get on MSN.
    Something. Maybe even go register at my website and see what that gets
    you: http://www.turkreno.com/forum/

    If it doesn't exist, then you should make it...

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 11, 2007
  12. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    LOLOL... Dude you are too much! Do you mean "cannuk" as in MMORPG or
    "canuck" as in Canadian??? Either way I do not play games nor am I
    Canadian. And what in the world does your post have ANYTHING to do with
    instruction on configuring a newsreader to access the MCP site. Take
    your meds. We would all appreciate it.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 11, 2007
  13. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > LOLOL... Dude you are too much! Do you mean "cannuk" as in MMORPG or
    > "canuck" as in Canadian??? Either way I do not play games nor am I
    > Canadian. And what in the world does your post have ANYTHING to do

    with
    > instruction on configuring a newsreader to access the MCP site. Take
    > your meds. We would all appreciate it.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    Actually, I'm playing Galactic Civilzations 2 and Civ 4. Neither of
    which are MMORPGs. EverQuest was an MMORPG that I did a lot of
    programming on and which I will continue to program on. Its only a
    matter of time over this weekend that I get bored and start installing
    more stuff. Vista is nice.

    What the hell do you mean configure a newsletter?

    I have taken my meds. You need to go play with your own vices.

    Whatever dude.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 12, 2007
  14. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    NEWSGROUP DUDE!!!! Not NEWSLETTER... Time to change the prescription on
    your glasses! Think before you speak.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 12, 2007
  15. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    I never knew that there were private MCP newsgroups. I got my MCSE on
    Windows NT 4.0 back in 2000 and I used the MCSE newsgroup alot when I was
    studying for the exams. That newsgroup has turned into a big joke with
    nothing but off topic posts.

    Mark

    Mark Hatfield, Jan 12, 2007
  16. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    Michael,

    Do not stoop to their level.

    Mark

    Mark Hatfield, Jan 12, 2007
  17. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > NEWSGROUP DUDE!!!! Not NEWSLETTER... Time to change the prescription on
    > your glasses! Think before you speak.

    The eye clinic has yet to call me back. Sorry that I can't just magically
    make them appear but I'm just as pissed off as you are waiting on them.
    I'm talking about a secure NEWSGROUP too! READ, take 5 seconds and let it
    all sit in, and then type a response next time.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 12, 2007
  18. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    "Mark Hatfield" <@> wrote in news::

    > Michael,
    >
    > Do not stoop to their level.
    >
    > Mark

    You, sir, should have just kept your mouth shut.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 12, 2007
  19. Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    > What the hell do you mean configure a newsletter?
    > I'm talking about a secure NEWSGROUP too!

    I have no idea what you are talking about anymore! :) Here are a couple
    links that may be of service for you!!! LOL

    http://www.pearlevision.com/
    http://www.researchpsychiatriccenter.com/

    And Mark, not to worry. This is all fun.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 12, 2007
  20. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    Re: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    >> What the hell do you mean configure a newsletter?
    >> I'm talking about a secure NEWSGROUP too!

    > I have no idea what you are talking about anymore! :) Here are a
    > couple links that may be of service for you!!! LOL
    >
    > http://www.pearlevision.com/
    > http://www.researchpsychiatriccenter.com/
    >
    > And Mark, not to worry. This is all fun.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    I have a perfect idea of what you're talking about. You're talking
    about your own psychiatric treatment that you've gone through to get you
    to this UseNet today. I'm happy that the people of Pearle Vision were
    kind enough to deal with the sick and twisted like yourself.
    Personally, my insurance covers Pearle Vision, but I have my local
    people that make glasses do stuff for me. I did get my contacts there.
    That reminds me, I really hope that you didn't use that Renu solution
    that made your brain rot out of your ears and cause your toes to turn
    into maggots....because you're really starting to show the symptoms of
    one who could either be classified in the "DSM-IV TR" as a Troll Like
    Creature. Are you this "NEWSGROUP DUDE!" that you were talking about?

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 13, 2007