OT Maybe - Printer Buffer - Hardware or Software

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Bob AZ, Nov 3, 2011.

  1. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    I use my 64 bit machine for photography. Lately I have been editng my
    images and then printing them in batches of 10. Usually 30 MB per
    image.

    I would like to buffer them to the printer and go about my editing
    while the images are printing. Printing them takes about 45 minutes.
    Sometime longer if the prints are to be large. I googled for printer
    buffers but the largest ones seem to be just 3 GB. I would like to
    have at least 1 GB. Or up to 3 GB would be nice.

    My 64 bit machine is dual processor quad cores? 8 GB of memory that
    Photoshop Elements does not begin to fully utilize. I also could get a
    small computer to have a hardware printer buffer.

    Does anyone have any ideas or word of wisdom?

    Thanks
    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Nov 3, 2011

  2. Re: OT Maybe - Printer Buffer - Hardware or Software

    On Nov 3, 9:01 am, Bob AZ <> wrote:
    > I use my 64 bit machine for photography. Lately I have been editng my
    > images and then printing them in batches of 10. Usually 30 MB per
    > image.
    >
    > I would like to buffer them to the printer and go about my editing
    > while the images are printing. Printing them takes about 45 minutes.
    > Sometime longer if the prints are to be large. I googled for printer
    > buffers but the largest ones seem to be just 3 GB. I would like to
    > have at least 1 GB. Or up to 3 GB would be nice.
    >
    > My 64 bit machine is dual processor quad cores? 8 GB of memory that
    > Photoshop Elements does not begin to fully utilize. I also could get a
    > small computer to have a hardware printer buffer.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas or word of wisdom?

    I think some printers take a USB stick or maybe SDHC card - either as
    a buffer boooster, or just to print from. So you'd save to USB stick,
    and then transfer the stick to the printer. (I've found it
    unsatisfactory to swap around SD cards to move data - better to treat
    them as standardised memory upgrades and leave them in place.)

    Robert Carnegie, Nov 4, 2011