    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.

    , Jan 31, 2004

  2. If the ^*& who are posting the trash were not so ashamed and would not
    keep changing their name it would be easy. They clearly know people don't
    want to bother with their stuff and are too stupid to see that they are not
    being read anyway.

    I guess when you are 14 years old and can't get any respect from your
    peers, that is what you do.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that stated that:

    >Does anyone have a good news proxy rule for rec.photo.digital that
    >they would like to share. I'd just as soon miss a bunch of the
    >[insert your terms here] that are being cross posted.

    If you nuke on 'dizum', 'google.com', 'Preddy', 'Foveon' or 'Bayer',
    you'll get rid of 90% of the noise in here.

    Sorry, I don't know news proxy, so I can't give you an exact expression.

    Lionel, Feb 1, 2004
  4. * drop xref:*:*:*:*
    * drop Path:*google.com*
    * drop Path:*dizum.com*
    * drop Path:*alias.net*
    * drop Organization: http://groups.google.com
    * drop Organization: *.google.com
    * drop xref: *:*:*
    * drop Newsgroups: *,*,*

    The above should filter out crossposts to more than 2 groups as well as some of the more popular
    loser domains..

    --
    Colm

    Colm Gallagher, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Colm Gallagher" <> stated
    that:

    >* drop xref:*:*:*:*
    >* drop Path:*google.com*
    >* drop Path:*dizum.com*
    >* drop Path:*alias.net*
    >* drop Organization: http://groups.google.com
    >* drop Organization: *.google.com
    >* drop xref: *:*:*
    >* drop Newsgroups: *,*,*
    >
    >The above should filter out crossposts to more than 2 groups as well as some of the more popular
    >loser domains..

    Thanks Colm, I'll put your recipe in my archives for the next time
    someone asks. :)

    Lionel, Feb 2, 2004