[ot] looney Brits

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by JaR, May 27, 2005.

  1. JaR

    JaR Guest

    JaR, May 27, 2005

  2. JaR

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm#knife
    >
    >Wot if we're attacked wif a point-ed stick?
    >
    >LOL!

    The brits are generally idiots in such matters. A few years back they
    banned guns. and the result was/is a continuing rise in gun crimes. I
    guess the politicians who brought that one into power, just can't
    understand why all those criminals *still* use guns, after all it's
    against the law now!!!!

    Anyway, here comes the wife carrying a sharp pointy looking thing.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, May 28, 2005

  3. JaR

    Robert Moir Guest

    Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm#knife
    >>
    >> Wot if we're attacked wif a point-ed stick?
    >>
    >> LOL!

    > The brits are generally idiots in such matters.

    Gee thanks buddy ;-)

    > A few years back they
    > banned guns. and the result was/is a continuing rise in gun crimes.

    Not quite true: Guns have been "illegal" for a very long time here unless
    you are licenced and use certain guns in certain controlled conditions, what
    they did recently was greatly cut down
    what guns you could be licenced to use.

    Besides that, yes it is pretty stupid.

    > guess the politicians who brought that one into power, just can't
    > understand why all those criminals *still* use guns, after all it's
    > against the law now!!!!

    Isn't that the same the world over. You get politicians deciding health
    policy and a buggered up health system, politicians deciding education and
    hordes of semi-literate teenagers entering the job market who struggle to
    manage the mc donalds tills, etc. You get politicians deciding who has WMD
    and where its hidden and you get war in Iraq, and you get politicians making
    laws on drugs and you get it legal to kill yourself with tobacco or alcohol
    but you might go down for life if you pick the wrong place to smoke a bit of
    mary-jane.

    I can see a pattern emerging!
    Robert Moir, May 29, 2005
  4. JaR

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> The brits are generally idiots in such matters.
    >
    >Gee thanks buddy ;-)

    Don't mention it.

    My wife's English and I hold a british passport. I actually like the
    British, except they're greed sob's.

    >> A few years back they
    >> banned guns. and the result was/is a continuing rise in gun crimes.

    >Not quite true: Guns have been "illegal" for a very long time here unless
    >you are licenced and use certain guns in certain controlled conditions,

    which the criminals took notice of.

    > what
    >they did recently was greatly cut down
    >what guns you could be licenced to use.

    which the criminals took notice of, again which was my point.

    >Besides that, yes it is *very* stupid.

    ifypfy

    >> guess the politicians who brought that one into power, just can't
    >> understand why all those criminals *still* use guns, after all it's
    >> against the law now!!!!

    >Isn't that the same the world over. You get politicians deciding health
    >policy and a buggered up health system, politicians deciding education and
    >hordes of semi-literate teenagers entering the job market who struggle to
    >manage the mc donalds tills, etc.

    Still look on the bright side, soon in europe, those 'hordes of
    semi-literate teenagers' will be from turkey :)

    > You get politicians deciding who has WMD
    >and where its hidden and you get war in Iraq, and you get politicians making
    >laws on drugs and you get it legal to kill yourself with tobacco or alcohol
    >but you might go down for life if you pick the wrong place to smoke a bit of
    >mary-jane.

    Sure, but my point was that banning did not stop gun crime (so I'm
    told).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, May 30, 2005
  5. JaR

    Robert Moir Guest

    Kline Sphere wrote:
    >>> The brits are generally idiots in such matters.

    >> Gee thanks buddy ;-)

    > Don't mention it.
    >
    > My wife's English and I hold a british passport. I actually like the
    > British, except they're greed sob's.
    >
    >>> A few years back they
    >>> banned guns. and the result was/is a continuing rise in gun crimes.

    >> Not quite true: Guns have been "illegal" for a very long time here
    >> unless you are licenced and use certain guns in certain controlled
    >> conditions,

    > which the criminals took notice of.
    >
    >> what
    >> they did recently was greatly cut down
    >> what guns you could be licenced to use.

    > which the criminals took notice of, again which was my point.

    Oh I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, just clarifying exactly what
    went on with the gun laws!

    >> You get politicians deciding who has WMD
    >> and where its hidden and you get war in Iraq, and you get
    >> politicians making laws on drugs and you get it legal to kill
    >> yourself with tobacco or alcohol but you might go down for life if
    >> you pick the wrong place to smoke a bit of mary-jane.

    > Sure, but my point was that banning did not stop gun crime (so I'm
    > told).

    Of course not. Politicians are stupid like a sly but stupid fox! Why enforce
    laws we already have that encompass a problem when they can whip up a frenzy
    and get their name in front of voters' eyes by whipping up hysteria and
    passing a new law?
    Robert Moir, May 30, 2005
  6. I agree with the greedy bit

    Everyone over here seems to be self centered (usually the south).
    I have Just come back from Canada and I love the people they go out of the
    way to help. We british were like that once.... what happened.... makes me
    sick as we are beig ruled by greed. Half of our companies are owned by the
    french who bleed them dry... We export jobs to other contries Just for cheap
    labor. A 3rd of my wages goes to the governement who in turn pay this to
    thoes who cannot get of their backsides and work. The rest of the EU thed to
    ship asylum seekers to us as our immigration procedure is too lax and we have
    to support them.

    My nature is to help people when i can however it can be a curse as people
    tend to take a lend of you.

    Quote: If Stupidity was painfull the world would be a better place.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Rvcm0gd2FyZGVu?=, May 30, 2005
  7. JaR

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Oh I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, just clarifying exactly what
    >went on with the gun laws!

    I known, I'm just ignorant of such matters!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, May 30, 2005
  8. JaR

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I agree with the greedy bit
    >
    >Everyone over here seems to be self centered (usually the south).
    >I have Just come back from Canada and I love the people they go out of the
    >way to help. We british were like that once.... what happened.... makes me
    >sick as we are beig ruled by greed. Half of our companies are owned by the
    >french who bleed them dry... We export jobs to other contries Just for cheap
    >labor.

    I guess this is no different from most other western counties.

    > A 3rd of my wages goes to the governement who in turn pay this to
    >thoes who cannot get of their backsides and work.

    So I've no need to work? Cool :)

    > The rest of the EU thed to
    >ship asylum seekers to us as our immigration procedure is too lax and we have
    >to support them.

    I see your need for a trading partnership with europe, but not for any
    political and social union, it will all end in tears or worse, yet
    another european war.

    >My nature is to help people when i can however it can be a curse as people
    >tend to take a lend of you.

    Buddy, can you spare a dime?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, May 30, 2005
  9. JaR

    Guest Guest

    "Robert Moir" <> wrote in message
    > Of course not. Politicians are stupid like a sly but stupid fox! Why
    > enforce laws we already have that encompass a problem when they can whip
    > up a frenzy and get their name in front of voters' eyes by whipping up
    > hysteria and passing a new law?

    Why have laws at all? They just force us to pay more taxes. The politicians
    are the criminals.

    Microcephalic S. Bob
    Guest, May 30, 2005