    Windows Registry where you can drill down etc etc...

    TIA,
    Requesting Dragon.

    Dragon, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Looking for Recommendations

    > Just wanna ask if someone recommends any good prog for managing documents
    > into groups. I am thinking may be a repository where you add all documents
    > and then you can add these documents into different categories (One

    document
    > might be a member of multiple categories). May be a hierarchy system like
    > Windows Registry where you can drill down etc etc...

    Sharepoint Portal Server is pretty nice.

    Jtyc, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: Looking for Recommendations

    I looked at it, but I do not think it will work for us. Way too much
    management... Also, I do not think it is flexible enough. I tried to move a
    document from one folder to another but couldn't do it without first
    deleting it from one SP folder and then re-adding it to another...

    Thanks.

    Dragon, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: Looking for Recommendations

    I found it...

    Visual Source Safe will just what I am looking for... :)

    Dragon, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Dragon

    Tariq Guest

    Yes you can implement any Document Management System and
    ther are lots of products availabe in the market depending
    on the size of document and the Industry you are trying to
    implement. I used to work for a Company called 01 System
    wll in Bahrain(www.01systems.com) they have a product call
    DocSafe - I suggest you communicate with them.

    Tariq

    Tariq, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Dragon

    Glenn Guest

    Re: Looking for Recommendations

    This presentation given today is a must see.
    http://members.microsoft.com/partner/products/officesystem/launchstream.aspx
    I think it answers your question nicely and also gives perspective on the
    role of servers in MSFT land as office2003 rolls out.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    The office launch event today was great.
    Glenn

    Glenn, Oct 22, 2003