    processors operate. "
    Read the rest if you are interested.
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 1, 2007

  2. Yeah, I just got a critical update for the HP Server for that.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 1, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    pvdg42 Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > This must just explain some BSOD's hanging out there.
    > http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33889730
    > The article states this
    > "Around April 10th, 2007, Intel released a microcode update (BIOS flash to
    > the rest of us) so resolve several major issues with how Intel Core 2
    > series
    > processors operate. "
    > Read the rest if you are interested.
    > Carlos

    Amazing! No real exposure or publicity on this that I can find. I'm guessing
    that if it were Microsoft fixing "major issues" in Vista, it would be in
    headlines worldwide.
    pvdg42, May 1, 2007
  4. Interesting - anyone nosy can look here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_Lookaside_Buffer

    apparently, the error is something that stops the OS correcting a
    predictable situation which it is supposed to handle, rather than a fix that
    stops the situation from occurring!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 1, 2007