    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Ken Briscoe

    molsonexpert Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26
    >
    > first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

    As a long suffering sports fan, my sincerest congratulations.

    steve.
    "Toronto Maple Leafs - Disappointing fans since 1967. Satisfaction
    guaranteed."

    molsonexpert, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    congrats. fortunately, it won't happen again for another 80 years or so

    Consultant, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!

    Dude... you're posting at 9:36 AM on Thursday, October 28th, and you're
    saying they *just* won the WS? That must have been some extra innings,
    there.

    Today's trivia question: The last time the Red Sox won the World's Series
    in 1918, how many regular season games did they win?

    --
    Fris "Coinkydink? I think not." bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > Today's trivia question: The last time the Red Sox won the World's Series
    > in 1918, how many regular season games did they win?

    80-something...but I'm pretty sure the answer is 86. :(

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Today's trivia question: The last time the Red Sox won the World's
    >> Series in 1918, how many regular season games did they win?

    > 80-something...but I'm pretty sure the answer is 86. :(

    I wonder if that was part of the curse...

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    voodoo black magic is scary

    Consultant, Oct 28, 2004
  8. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Today's trivia question: The last time the Red Sox won the World's
    > >> Series in 1918, how many regular season games did they win?

    > > 80-something...but I'm pretty sure the answer is 86. :(

    > I wonder if that was part of the curse...

    TINC! TINC! TINC!

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 28, 2004
  9. Ken Briscoe

    Neil Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    incase you missed it "Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoodotcom> said in

    > congrats. fortunately, it won't happen again for another 80 years or so
    >

    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    >> My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26
    >>
    >> first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

    Red Sox win the World series of 2090!!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 28, 2004
  10. Ken Briscoe

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it "Ken Briscoe" <> said in

    > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!

    congrats.....

    now you will be insufferable for a whole year.....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 28, 2004
  11. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    "Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoodotcom> wrote in message
    > congrats. fortunately, it won't happen again for another 80 years or so

    your jabs and insults can't affect me today.

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 28, 2004
  12. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > incase you missed it "Ken Briscoe" <> said in
    >
    > > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!
    > >

    > congrats.....
    >
    > now you will be insufferable for a whole year.....

    right on, brotha

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 28, 2004
  13. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    i'm sorry charlie murphy

    Consultant, Oct 28, 2004
  14. Ken Briscoe

    T-Bone Guest

    OT: Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote
    > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!

    So what team is next in line to break the Sox record for not winning the
    world series?

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Oct 28, 2004
  15. Ken Briscoe

    molsonexpert Guest

    Re: Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote
    > > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!

    > So what team is next in line to break the Sox record for not winning the
    > world series?
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL

    Not entirely sure, but pick the Chicago-based team of your choice.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Oct 28, 2004
  16. Ken Briscoe

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it "Ken Briscoe" <> said in news:
    #q#:

    >> now you will be insufferable for a whole year.....

    > right on, brotha

    wait a tick...how will we be able to tell the diff?
    :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 28, 2004
  17. Ken Briscoe

    Neil Guest

    Re: OT: Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    incase you missed it "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> said in

    > So what team is next in line to break the Sox record for not winning the
    > world series?

    GO CUBS!!!!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 28, 2004
  18. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Re: I'm so happy I could puke

    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote
    > > My Sox just won the WS! OMGWTF!!!!!1111!eleven!!!!

    > So what team is next in line to break the Sox record for not winning the
    > world series?

    By "record", do you mean longest World Series victory drought? If so, the
    Sox didn't (and still don't!) hold that record. The Cubs last won in 1908,
    IIRC, and the White Sox have only been in the WS once since 1919, the year
    of the Black Sox scandal, and last won it all in 1906.

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 28, 2004
  19. Ken Briscoe

    T-Bone Guest

    Re: OT I'm so happy I could puke

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote
    > By "record", do you mean longest World Series victory drought? If so, the
    > Sox didn't (and still don't!) hold that record. The Cubs last won in 1908,
    > IIRC, and the White Sox have only been in the WS once since 1919, the year
    > of the Black Sox scandal, and last won it all in 1906.

    So the deal with the Bosox was just hyped more because it was the "curse of
    the bambino". Well, grats to the team in any case. I remember that when I
    was following the Jays in 92, it was quite the celebration.

    T-Bone, Oct 28, 2004