    2263 %

    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Deja' BREW! We have all been beer before.
    Neil, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Neil

    JaR Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns97A5D9E0B7EC3neilmcsegmailcom@
    207.46.248.16:

    > 2019

    Ghods, I haven't used that addy for nearly a year, and I _still_ rank
    tenth?

    I need a life.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 16, 2006

  3. **JaR's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in
    > news:Xns97A5D9E0B7EC3neilmcsegmailcom@ 207.46.248.16:
    >
    >> 2019

    > Ghods, I haven't used that addy for nearly a year, and I _still_ rank
    > tenth?
    >
    > I need a life.

    apparently I do too if I'm reading this on Easter morning.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 16, 2006
  4. Neil

    JaR Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:#DZtohXYGHA.508
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > apparently I do too if I'm reading this on Easter morning.

    I'm installing SuSE 10.0 on my home swerver on my day off and reading
    usenet. Just shoot me.

    OTOH, SuSE 10 appears to be pretty fscking cool. I'm a relative 'nix noob,
    but I think I can get BIND running on it and setting up Apache should be
    fairly easy. Now about Sendmail....

    LOL! What else should I be doing on Easter Sunday?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Neil

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: JaR assaulted us with:

    > LOL! What else should I be doing on Easter Sunday?

    I can't imagine what else you should be doing. I've been fooling around with
    Centos myself, I'm a real noob with nix, but it keeps me off the streets and
    away from the in-laws.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Neil

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:umL#LTZYGHA.3848
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > but it keeps me off the streets

    then that's it, no more *nix for you...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I don't know what apathy is, nor do I care!
    Neil, Apr 16, 2006
  7. Neil

    JaR Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in

    > can't imagine what else you should be doing. I've been fooling around
    > with
    > Centos myself,

    Been playing with CentOS too. Treying to decide which one I think is
    easier to muddle around in for my swerver. No freaking way am I gonna
    shell out the bucks for an MS server for my home stuff, so Linux it will
    be. I think I've about decided that SuSE has what I like, and modules to
    make adminning faily easy. Learning to admin a 'nix swerver can't be a
    bad thing these days anyway.

    >I'm a real noob with nix,

    I know! What the heck, it's like a totally different operating system!
    <grin>

    > but it keeps me off the
    > streets and away from the in-laws.

    See! And they think we're crazy.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 16, 2006
  8. Installing linux over the weekend, huh? Sounds like there was a lot of that
    going around...

    I just finished dropping Ubuntu onto my laptop for kicks this weekend and it
    is the best *nix distro I have ever worked with. Install was a snap and it
    bypassed virtually all the driver problems that tend to plague open source
    OS. Plus its a debian based system, so adding software packages is a breeze
    and its rock solid.

    I have used several versions of Red Hat, SuSe and other misc Linux distros
    before and Ubuntu has officially replaced them all for me. If you are going
    to take one out for a test drive think about Ubuntu 5.10. Seriously. I
    think you'll like it too.

    One quirk if you do try it...if you decide to burn the install CD from a
    downloaded ISO make sure you burn it at the lowest speed your burner will
    support. There is a critical file on the ISO that builds the kernel image
    and it tends to become corrupted if it is written at high speeds. Took me a
    couple of hours on some support forums to figure that out. Once I did I just
    reburned the disc and install was a snap.

    If you do try it, lemme know how it goes. I would be interested to know if
    it works as well for everyone as it did for me, or if I just got lucky with
    my system.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 17, 2006
  9. Neil

    Jtyc Guest

    ROFL!!! You guys are all lusers!!!

    /Played Halo 2 all weekend.
    Jtyc, Apr 17, 2006
  10. Neil

    JaR Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
    <> wrote in

    > If you do try it, lemme know how it goes. I would be interested to
    > know if it works as well for everyone as it did for me, or if I just
    > got lucky with my system.

    Thanx for the tip, as it turns out, I have a copy of Ubuntu 5.1 on the same
    DVD that SuSE was on. MAybe I'll putz around with it as well for a while.

    Will post if it works out.

    Heh, thhe MS guys are prolly gonna cancel this thread if they read it ;-)

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 17, 2006
  11. Neil

    Jtyc Guest

    > Heh, thhe MS guys are prolly gonna cancel this thread if they read it ;-)

    I've got a reference to the XBox in here.

    I refuse to pay $800 for the new one though.
    Jtyc, Apr 17, 2006
  12. Neil

    Stan Guest

    Re: I'm here too much

    Well that's something different to tell your grandkids. Most folks however
    lead a more interesting life.

    Stan, Apr 17, 2006
  13. Neil

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: I'm here too much

    "Stan" <> wrote in message
    > Well that's something different to tell your grandkids. Most folks however
    > lead a more interesting life.

    YSB. AYB?
    Frisbee®, Apr 17, 2006
  14. Neil

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: I'm here too much

    Stan <> rambled:

    > Well that's something different to tell your grandkids. Most folks
    > however lead a more interesting life.

    ....says the man posting in a newsgroup?

    My irony meter is broken, but I'm guessing that was somewhere north of 9.5
    on a scale of 1-10.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com will kill you! No, not! Only kidding!
    Briscobar, Apr 17, 2006
  15. Neil

    Stan Guest

    Re: I'm here too much

    retard.

    Stan, Apr 17, 2006
  16. Neil

    Stan Guest

    Re: I'm here too much

    > My irony meter is broken, but I'm guessing that was somewhere north of 9.5
    > on a scale of 1-10.

    Nevermind, maybe try online dating, after all you never know.
    Stan, Apr 17, 2006
  17. Neil

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: JaR assaulted us with:
    > =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
    > <> wrote in
    >
    >> If you do try it, lemme know how it goes. I would be interested to
    >> know if it works as well for everyone as it did for me, or if I just
    >> got lucky with my system.

    > Thanx for the tip, as it turns out, I have a copy of Ubuntu 5.1 on
    > the same DVD that SuSE was on. MAybe I'll putz around with it as well
    > for a while.
    >
    > Will post if it works out.
    >
    > Heh, thhe MS guys are prolly gonna cancel this thread if they read it
    > ;-)

    Yes please be posting the sorted details in Super Sekrit site.
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Apr 17, 2006
  18. Neil

    JaR Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in news:#o4PAHmYGHA.4916
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > All gawked in amazement when: JaR assaulted us with:
    >> =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
    >> <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> If you do try it, lemme know how it goes. I would be interested to
    >>> know if it works as well for everyone as it did for me, or if I just
    >>> got lucky with my system.

    >> Thanx for the tip, as it turns out, I have a copy of Ubuntu 5.1 on
    >> the same DVD that SuSE was on. MAybe I'll putz around with it as well
    >> for a while.
    >>
    >> Will post if it works out.
    >>
    >> Heh, thhe MS guys are prolly gonna cancel this thread if they read it
    >> ;-)

    > Yes please be posting the sorted details in Super Sekrit site.

    Awwww-this is way more fun!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 17, 2006
  19. Neil

    JaR Guest

    Re: I'm here too much

    "Stan" <> wrote in

    > retard.

    A touch, begad! Alas, poor Fris will be mortally wounded by your witty
    riposte.

    Please keep trying, however. Been dull in here lately. Not that you are any
    less dull, but at least you are good for some practice. Rather like
    shooting ducks in a barrel, but nonetheless..

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 17, 2006
  20. Neil

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: JaR assaulted us with:
    > "LRM" <> wrote in news:#o4PAHmYGHA.4916
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> All gawked in amazement when: JaR assaulted us with:
    >>> =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
    >>> <> wrote in

    >>> Thanx for the tip, as it turns out, I have a copy of Ubuntu 5.1 on
    >>> the same DVD that SuSE was on. MAybe I'll putz around with it as
    >>> well for a while.
    >>>
    >>> Will post if it works out.
    >>>
    >>> Heh, thhe MS guys are prolly gonna cancel this thread if they read
    >>> it ;-)

    >> Yes please be posting the sorted details in Super Sekrit site.

    > Awwww-this is way more fun!

    Ok, here is good.
    --
    LRM