    stuff, and their machines are wacked - and sure I get
    paid to fix it but I'm really getting tired of it.

    I'd rather spend my saturday watching football.
    kpg, Nov 17, 2006

  2. kpg

    CBIC Guest

    Re: IE vs Firefox

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns987E6839CAEFCipostthereforeiam@207.46.248.16...
    > from a security standpoint...
    >
    > let's say I like to surf p0rn sights and other
    > generally spyware/virus ladden content (like the
    > typical luser)
    >
    > Is mozilla safer?
    >
    > I have clients (home users) that are hooked on this
    > stuff, and their machines are wacked - and sure I get
    > paid to fix it but I'm really getting tired of it.
    >
    > I'd rather spend my saturday watching football.

    Safest setting for the lusers is to set thier proxy to 127.0.0.1
    CBIC, Nov 17, 2006

  3. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Re: IE vs Firefox

    As CBIC once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Safest setting for the lusers is to set thier proxy to 127.0.0.1

    but then how do you get to the p0rn sites?
    kpg, Nov 17, 2006
  4. kpg

    CBIC Guest

    Re: IE vs Firefox

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As CBIC once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Safest setting for the lusers is to set thier proxy to 127.0.0.1

    > but then how do you get to the p0rn sites?

    Easy. I know how to change the setting. It's THEY who can't surf pron
    CBIC, Nov 17, 2006
  5. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Re: IE vs Firefox

    CBIC wrote:
    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> As CBIC once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >>
    >>> Safest setting for the lusers is to set thier proxy to 127.0.0.1

    >> but then how do you get to the p0rn sites?

    > Easy. I know how to change the setting. It's THEY who can't surf pron

    Hey look...I'm using SeaMonkey.

    this is weird (hey! it has a built in spoll chucker)
    kpg, Nov 17, 2006
  6. kpg

    Lasher Guest

    Re: IE vs Firefox

    kpg <> wrote in news:Xns987E6A085CE3Dipostthereforeiam@
    207.46.248.16:

    > As CBIC once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Safest setting for the lusers is to set thier proxy to 127.0.0.1

    > but then how do you get to the p0rn sites?

    Its really easy. You just type in the site address with a : in google and
    you get hundreds of passwords. About as easy as finding lowdes.

    --
    -Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Nov 17, 2006
  7. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Re: IE vs Firefox

    As Lasher once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > kpg <> wrote in news:Xns987E6A085CE3Dipostthereforeiam@
    > 207.46.248.16:
    >
    >> As CBIC once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >>
    >>> Safest setting for the lusers is to set thier proxy to 127.0.0.1

    >> but then how do you get to the p0rn sites?

    > Its really easy. You just type in the site address with a : in google
    > and you get hundreds of passwords. About as easy as finding lowdes.

    ummm...OK. I'm set for the afternoon.
    kpg, Nov 17, 2006
  8. kpg

    Cerebrus Guest

    kpg wrote:
    > from a security standpoint...
    >
    > let's say I like to surf p0rn sights and other
    > generally spyware/virus ladden content (like the
    > typical luser)
    >
    > Is mozilla safer?

    I think Firefox is safer than IE 6.0. Haven't tested IE 7.0's security
    features yet. The safest option is simply not to run as Administrator.
    Cerebrus, Nov 19, 2006
  9. kpg

    Briscobar Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message

    > I think Firefox is safer than IE 6.0. Haven't tested IE 7.0's security
    > features yet. The safest option is simply not to run as Administrator.

    Well then how do you expect me to administrationalize my computer?
    Briscobar, Nov 20, 2006
  10. kpg

    Cerebrus Guest

    Briscobar wrote:
    > "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I think Firefox is safer than IE 6.0. Haven't tested IE 7.0's security
    > > features yet. The safest option is simply not to run as Administrator.

    > Well then how do you expect me to administrationalize my computer?

    As you probably guessed, the suggestion was for the home users that
    pester kpg. ;-)
    Cerebrus, Nov 21, 2006
  11. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:56:54 -0500, Briscobar cast into the ether:

    > Well then how do you expect me to administrationalize my computer?

    With Windows Administerationalizer 2.0(Homer Edition)

    Furrfu.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 21, 2006
  12. kpg

    Briscobar Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:56:54 -0500, Briscobar cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Well then how do you expect me to administrationalize my computer?

    > With Windows Administerationalizer 2.0(Homer Edition)

    So I can log in as a regulational user, but Windows Administrationalizer 2.0
    will allow me to administrationalize my computater as if I had the
    credentialisms of an administrationalist?

    This sounds like a good product.
    Briscobar, Nov 21, 2006
  13. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:46:22 -0500, Briscobar cast into the ether:

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:56:54 -0500, Briscobar cast into the ether:
    >>
    >>> Well then how do you expect me to administrationalize my computer?

    >> With Windows Administerationalizer 2.0(Homer Edition)

    > So I can log in as a regulational user, but Windows Administrationalizer 2.0
    > will allow me to administrationalize my computater as if I had the
    > credentialisms of an administrationalist?
    >
    > This sounds like a good product.

    Far out man! I used it, and now I is an Administeratorationalistizer.

    I even took the tests, so I can say I'm an MCSA.

    That's...

    Microminiwindersoftile Certificilacarated Systemologicalising
    Administeratorationalistizer.

    Woooohaaa!!!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 21, 2006
  14. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Microminiwindersoftile Certificilacarated Systemologicalising
    > Administeratorationalistizer.

    *Aneurism*

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - Ahhhh. I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
    Neil, Nov 21, 2006
  15. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    >I can say I'm an MCSA.

    > Microminiwindersoftile Certificilacarated Systemologicalising
    > Administeratorationalistizer.

    I think you made that up.
    Jtyc, Nov 21, 2006
  16. kpg

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > >I can say I'm an MCSA.

    >> Microminiwindersoftile Certificilacarated Systemologicalising
    >> Administeratorationalistizer.

    > I think you made that up.

    No, I think that's a legit cert. I've seen it.

    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    --
    B "Probably on JaRs 'I love ME' wall" D
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 21, 2006
  17. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:51:46 -0600, cast into the ether:

    >>> Microminiwindersoftile Certificilacarated Systemologicalising
    >>> Administeratorationalistizer.

    >> I think you made that up.

    > No, I think that's a legit cert. I've seen it.

    > --
    > B "Probably on JaRs 'I love ME' wall" D

    Yup! It's right **points >** there. Between my Degree in Astrophysics,
    and my Medal of Honor from the Altairan Space Corps(with Borg Leaves &
    Golden Griffin)

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 21, 2006
  18. kpg

    LRM Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:51:46 -0600, cast into the ether:

    >>> I think you made that up.

    >> No, I think that's a legit cert. I've seen it.

    >> --
    >> B "Probably on JaRs 'I love ME' wall" D

    > Yup! It's right **points >** there. Between my Degree in Astrophysics,
    > and my Medal of Honor from the Altairan Space Corps(with Borg Leaves &
    > Golden Griffin)

    Dude!!! not the one with the Borg Leaves and Golden Griffin!!!! You are
    soooooo hawt!
    LRM, Nov 22, 2006
  19. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:03:07 -0600, LRM cast into the ether:

    > Dude!!! not the one with the Borg Leaves and Golden Griffin!!!! You are
    > soooooo hawt!

    *blushes modestly*

    Yes, yes I am.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 22, 2006
  20. kpg

    LRM Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:03:07 -0600, LRM cast into the ether:
    >

    >> Dude!!! not the one with the Borg Leaves and Golden Griffin!!!! You are
    >> soooooo hawt!

    > *blushes modestly*
    >
    > Yes, yes I am.

    And ever so humble...