OT: I won a Microsoft co-sponsored lottery!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. Hey all:
    I just got the following message from "Bradley Brad" at
    .
    It states that Microsoft is a co-sponsor of this lottery I won [that I, of
    course, never entered].

    [Again, for you automatic spammer e-mail address grabbers, that's
    ].

    I think it is so nice that Microsoft is sponsoring lotteries,
    , but I really think that Microsoft, Dell, etc.
    ought to do some advertising, , so that people
    won't think this is a scam.

    After all, , rather than "promoting the
    Internet," having something that appears fishy, ,
    such as this lotto, does just the opposite.

    Don't you agree, ?

    Note: if any of you want to claim this for me, just send me 60% and you keep
    the other 40%, and no, I'm not going to give you my bank account information
    so you can direct-deposit the money. :)

    Rather than spending money on lottos, I wish that Microsoft would spend the
    money lowering the price of their certification exams,
    .
    That would do a lot more to "promote computer literacy worldwide" than
    's lotto.
    Perhaps Microsoft should sue for mis-using its
    trademarked name.

    Once again, this letter came from that nice man at
    :

    DRAW RESULT /EMAIL TICKECT NUMBERS TC675/29/21INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PRIZE
    AWARD DEPT.CONTACT MR. PATRICK JANSSENSFROM:EUROMILLIONS LOTTORY
    INTERNATIONALPROMOTION PRIZE AWARD DEPT.REF: TL/0534/30/06BATCH:75/011/INL
    Dear Winner,Following official publication of results of the Emailelectronic
    on line Sweepstakes organized by theEurolottory corporation, the Slide
    circular award and theEuromillions prizes in conjunction with the foundation
    forthe promotion of software products, (F.P.S.), held onthe 3rd of April
    2007, in Bruselles Belgium, wherein yourelectrononic email addressemerged as
    one of the online winning emails in the 1stcategory and therefore attracted a
    cash award of1,000,000 Dollars (One million Dollars only),We write to
    officially notify you of this award and toadvise you to contact the
    processing officeimmediately upon receipt of this message for moreinformation
    concerning the verification processing andeventual payment of the above prize
    to you.It is important to note you that your awardinformation was released
    today with the followingparticulars attached to it.(I) Reference
    Number:TL/0534/30/06(ii) Ticket Number: TC675/29/21(iii)Batch Number:
    75/011/INL(iv) The file Reference Number: KG/1960/30/16Please contact the
    claim agents within 5 working daysto facilitate the release of your prize,
    You arerequired to mention the above particulars of youraward in every
    correspondence addressed to theprocessing agents.CONTACT: Mr. Patrick
    Janssen’s.CITY/ COUNTRY: Bruxelles Belgium.TEL:0032-485-715-148.EMAIL:
    euromillion007@aim

    The Grouplotto Awards is sponsored by a consortium ofsoftware promotion
    companies.The Intel Group,Toshiba,Dell Computers, Microsoft and other
    internationalcompanies.

    The Grouplotto internet draw is held periodically andis so organized to
    encourage the use of the internetand promote computer literacy worldwide.We
    are proud to say that over 20 Million Dollars arewon annually in more than
    150 countriesworldwide.Rememer, all winning must be claimed notlater than
    27th of April, 2007.Please note, in order to avoid unnecessary delays
    andcomplications, remember to quote your reference numberand batch number in
    all correspondence.Once again on behalf of all our
    staff,CONGRATULATIONS!!!Sincerely,Mr. Patrick Janssens.Promotions
    Coordinatoreuromillion007@aim
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Apr 6, 2007

  2. It's too bad the lottery wasn't real because I could really use the money.
    I lost my job today. It was a three to six month contract, but I completed
    the project in five and a half weeks and they had no more work for me to do.
    Anyone know of any well-paying openings that actually reward you for doing a
    good job instead of letting you go?
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Apr 11, 2007

  3. LarryWestMCSD wrote:
    > It's too bad the lottery wasn't real because I could really use the money.
    > I lost my job today. It was a three to six month contract, but I completed
    > the project in five and a half weeks and they had no more work for me to do.
    > Anyone know of any well-paying openings that actually reward you for doing a
    > good job instead of letting you go?

    Where are you?

    --
    Jonathan Roberts