OT: I predicted it would happen!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by smb, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. smb

    smb Guest

    For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    so long!!!

    "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    W. Bush's administration for
    shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    years ago.

    Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    billion a year."

    What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    responsible for Katrina....

    Back on topic:

    I hear that the AF problems of the new Canon MkIII are due to Bush's
    failed autofocus policy. He and his cronies worked out a backroom
    deal with their Japanese neocon co-conspirators to funnel Canon's R&D
    budget to Haliburton and Nikon. The sad thing is that Bush knew
    ahead of time that the MkIII would have problems with its AF and he
    did nothing to stop it, for political gain. As a result, there
    have been countless photographs that have been needlessly out of
    focus, and Canon has lost its esteem in the world.

    It's time for a change !!! No more blurred shots for oil !! Elect
    Hillary and everyone will have universal free and equal access to
    camera gear. A chicken in every pot and an L lens on every 5D !!!

    :)

    Steve

    smb, Aug 3, 2007

  2. smb

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    "smb" <> wrote in message

    > For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    > so long!!!
    >

    > "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    > Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    > W. Bush's administration for
    > shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    > years ago.
    >
    > Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    > transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    > year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    > billion a year."
    >
    > What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    > responsible for Katrina....

    No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    Bush's fault. See the diff?

    Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right. Nothing.

    Kinon O'Cann, Aug 3, 2007

  3. smb

    smb Guest

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:11:58 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:

    >"smb" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >> so long!!!
    >>

    >> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >> W. Bush's administration for
    >> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >> years ago.
    >>
    >> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >> billion a year."
    >>
    >> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >> responsible for Katrina....

    >No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >Bush's fault. See the diff?

    Perfect example. Nobody has ever demonstrated how it was Bush's
    fault. You guys just like to use him as a whipping boy ever since
    you wrongly think he stole the election from Gore years ago.

    >Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right. Nothing.

    Ditto. He could find a cure for cancer and bring peace to the Middle
    East, and you guys would still find fault with him.

    smb, Aug 3, 2007
  4. Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    "smb" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:11:58 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:
    >>"smb" <> wrote in message

    >>> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >>> responsible for Katrina....

    >>No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >>Bush's fault. See the diff?

    > Perfect example. Nobody has ever demonstrated how it was Bush's
    > fault. You guys just like to use him as a whipping boy ever since
    > you wrongly think he stole the election from Gore years ago.

    So, whose incompetent appointee oversaw the mess...?

    >>Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right. Nothing.

    > Ditto. He could find a cure for cancer and bring peace to the Middle
    > East, and you guys would still find fault with him.

    But who still needlessly blocks any federal funding for stem cell research
    (using materials that are otherwise disposed of), putting us well behind
    other nations in research that may lead to treatments and cures for many
    diseases? And, who deceived our country and needlessly invaded a
    middle eastern country, thus upsetting balances of power and creating
    chaos in the area - unlike President Clinton, who had the parties talking
    to each other? And, yes, whose cronies stepped into and interfered
    with the Florida election for the presidency, rocking a process until, in
    an unprecedented move, the US Supreme Court stepped in, overruled
    the Florida State Supreme Court, and declared Bush the winner (with a
    minority of popular votes and a very faulty Florida electoral process)?
    Gosh, well......??! Is it surprising that many of us have so little confidence
    in the abilities of this president? But, yes, he did collude with the neocons
    to successfully cripple the AF capabilities of that otherwise fine Canon
    body, so that's something...! ;-)
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.donferrario.com/ruether
    (see our "restaurant menu", at www.donferrario.com/ruether/menu.htm)

    David Ruether, Aug 3, 2007
  5. smb

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/3/07 6:19 AM, in article ,
    "smb" <> wrote:

    > For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    > so long!!!
    >

    > "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    > Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    > W. Bush's administration for
    > shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    > years ago.
    >
    > Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    > transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    > year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    > billion a year."
    >
    > What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    > responsible for Katrina....
    >

    > Back on topic:
    >
    > I hear that the AF problems of the new Canon MkIII are due to Bush's
    > failed autofocus policy. He and his cronies worked out a backroom
    > deal with their Japanese neocon co-conspirators to funnel Canon's R&D
    > budget to Haliburton and Nikon. The sad thing is that Bush knew
    > ahead of time that the MkIII would have problems with its AF and he
    > did nothing to stop it, for political gain. As a result, there
    > have been countless photographs that have been needlessly out of
    > focus, and Canon has lost its esteem in the world.
    >
    > It's time for a change !!! No more blurred shots for oil !! Elect
    > Hillary and everyone will have universal free and equal access to
    > camera gear. A chicken in every pot and an L lens on every 5D !!!
    >
    > :)
    >

    > Steve

    LOL!!!!!

    George Kerby, Aug 3, 2007
  6. smb

    "smb" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:11:58 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"smb" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >>> so long!!!
    >>>

    >>> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >>> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >>> W. Bush's administration for
    >>> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >>> years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >>> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >>> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >>> billion a year."
    >>>
    >>> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >>> responsible for Katrina....

    >>No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >>Bush's fault. See the diff?

    > Perfect example. Nobody has ever demonstrated how it was Bush's
    > fault. You guys just like to use him as a whipping boy ever since
    > you wrongly think he stole the election from Gore years ago.

    The response was the responsibility of the federal government, mainly FEMA.
    His appointee, Brown, was totally useless or nobody (Bush and co.) listened
    to him. Either way, failures of the federal government are the
    responsibility of Bush, since he's the chief executive.

    OK, what's he done right? Give me some examples.

    Kinon O'Cann, Aug 3, 2007
  7. Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    "smb" <> wrote in message

    > For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    > so long!!!
    >

    > "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    > Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    > W. Bush's administration for
    > shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    > years ago.
    >
    > Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    > transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    > year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    > billion a year."
    >
    > What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    > responsible for Katrina....

    Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon" in a
    dictionary.

    If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    Robert A. Cunningham, Aug 3, 2007
  8. smb

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 20:45:44 GMT, Kinon O'Cann wrote:

    >> Perfect example. Nobody has ever demonstrated how it was Bush's
    >> fault. You guys just like to use him as a whipping boy ever since
    >> you wrongly think he stole the election from Gore years ago.

    > The response was the responsibility of the federal government, mainly FEMA.
    > His appointee, Brown, was totally useless or nobody (Bush and co.) listened
    > to him. Either way, failures of the federal government are the
    > responsibility of Bush, since he's the chief executive.

    And Brownie's predecessor, also a Bush appointee, was quoted
    saying the FEMA needed to be downsized, and it was his mission to
    accomplish just that. I don't recall his name, but I believe that
    he was either a friend of Brownie, or they were college classmates.

    ASAAR, Aug 3, 2007
  9. Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    Robert A. Cunningham wrote:
    > "smb" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >> so long!!!
    >>

    >> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >> W. Bush's administration for
    >> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >> years ago.
    >>
    >> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >> billion a year."
    >>
    >> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >> responsible for Katrina....
    >>

    > Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon" in a
    > dictionary.
    >
    > If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    You mean you can't even call someone a Mississippi State fan?

    C.

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    In a time of deception telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -
    George Orwell

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Aug 3, 2007
  10. smb

    Matt Ion Guest

    Robert A. Cunningham wrote:
    > "smb" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >> so long!!!
    >>

    >> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >> W. Bush's administration for
    >> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >> years ago.
    >>
    >> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >> billion a year."
    >>
    >> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >> responsible for Katrina....
    >>

    > Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon" in a
    > dictionary.
    >
    > If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    Before you question his use of "maroon" in this context, you should
    refresh yourself on your Bugs Bunny...

    Matt Ion, Aug 3, 2007
  11. smb

    Wayne Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    Yeah, don't ya just hate those maroons?

    Wayne, Aug 4, 2007
  12. Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote in message

    > "smb" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >> so long!!!
    >>

    >> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >> W. Bush's administration for
    >> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >> years ago.
    >>
    >> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >> billion a year."
    >>
    >> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >> responsible for Katrina....

    > No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    > Bush's fault. See the diff?

    As bad as the federal response was, the state and city response was far
    worse. They had jurisdiction in the matter far ahead of the federal
    government and they did nothing.

    > Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right.
    > Nothing.

    Tax cuts. The revenue into the federal government's coffers increased due
    to the tax cuts.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Aug 4, 2007
  13. Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <> wrote in message
    > "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "smb" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >>> so long!!!
    >>>

    >>> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >>> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >>> W. Bush's administration for
    >>> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >>> years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >>> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >>> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >>> billion a year."
    >>>
    >>> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >>> responsible for Katrina....

    >> No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >> Bush's fault. See the diff?

    > As bad as the federal response was, the state and city response was far
    > worse. They had jurisdiction in the matter far ahead of the federal
    > government and they did nothing.
    >
    >> Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right.
    >> Nothing.

    > Tax cuts. The revenue into the federal government's coffers increased due
    > to the tax cuts.

    If that is true, then how come the budget deficit has mushroomed since Bush
    has been in office?

    Robert A. Cunningham, Aug 4, 2007
  14. smb

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 01:05:04 -0400, Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

    >> No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >> Bush's fault. See the diff?

    > As bad as the federal response was, the state and city response was far
    > worse. They had jurisdiction in the matter far ahead of the federal
    > government and they did nothing.

    Worse than the administration's lies? They insisted that the
    reason they reacted so late was that they had no advance warning.
    Unfortunately, there was a record of "Brownie" calling Washington,
    pleading for some action to be taken for the approaching killer
    storm.

    >> Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right.
    >> Nothing.

    > Tax cuts.

    Then maybe we should cut more, or even implement a flat tax. We
    forced one on Iraq and look how well that's working out there! Even
    democracy is working better there than here. The Iraqis voted for a
    leader, and the winner of the election actually became their leader.
    How about that!

    ASAAR, Aug 4, 2007
  15. Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > Robert A. Cunningham wrote:
    >> "smb" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >>> so long!!!
    >>>

    >>> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >>> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >>> W. Bush's administration for
    >>> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >>> years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >>> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >>> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >>> billion a year."
    >>>
    >>> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >>> responsible for Katrina....
    >>>

    >> Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon"
    >> in a dictionary.
    >>
    >> If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    > Before you question his use of "maroon" in this context, you should
    > refresh yourself on your Bugs Bunny...

    Oh, now I'm really curious. What's up Doc, with this Bug Bunny analogy?

    Robert A. Cunningham, Aug 4, 2007
  16. smb

    smb Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:32:36 -0400, "David Ruether"
    <> wrote:

    >"smb" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:11:58 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:
    >>>"smb" <> wrote in message

    >>>No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >>>Bush's fault. See the diff?

    >> Perfect example. Nobody has ever demonstrated how it was Bush's
    >> fault. You guys just like to use him as a whipping boy ever since
    >> you wrongly think he stole the election from Gore years ago.

    >So, whose incompetent appointee oversaw the mess...?

    By the same reasoning you use, then Bill Clinton was directly
    responsible for the negative aspects of the Iraq war because it was
    his incompetent apointee who oversaw the intelligence that said Saddam
    had WMDs.

    Right?

    Oh, I forgot, you guys think Bush made all that stuff up by himself.

    The reality is that, while the federal response could have been better
    (and they admit the mistakes and FEMA has since been making
    improvements); it was the city and state government who failed to act
    when the feds recommended they evacuate the city. It was the
    Louisiana governor who failed to request Federal help in time, and
    then blamed them for not showing up faster.

    It was also the corrupt local governnment that misused federal funds
    that were supposed to improve the structural integrity of the levees.

    Even the people of that city recognize this. During live news
    coverage of the disaster, one of the major networks (I think it was
    ABC) interviewed a group of locals who were displaced in all that
    mess. The reporter tried his best to ask questions worded such that
    they would answer to the effect that it was all Bush's fault. Problem
    is that every single one of them answered that they blamed the
    incompetence of the city and state governments for their situation.
    Doh!

    >>>Sorry, I can't think of one single thing that Bush has done right. Nothing.

    >> Ditto. He could find a cure for cancer and bring peace to the Middle
    >> East, and you guys would still find fault with him.

    >But who still needlessly blocks any federal funding for stem cell research
    >(using materials that are otherwise disposed of), putting us well behind
    >other nations in research that may lead to treatments and cures for many
    >diseases?

    "May" lead to treatments.... when adult and umbilical cord stem cell
    research has already had very promising results. You guys just don't
    like it when someone who is a man of principle puts his foot down and
    says that isn't moral or ethical to purposely sacrifice human life to
    benefit others. You say the research is on material that is
    otherwise disposed of, but what if the research proves successful? If
    you think abortion is a big industry now, just wait until they can
    sell dead baby parts to the pharmaceutical industry.

    Oh, I forgot, you guys don't believe that an unborn human being is yet
    really human.

    >And, who deceived our country and needlessly invaded a
    >middle eastern country, thus upsetting balances of power and creating
    >chaos in the area

    That's a talking point twisted into an 'are you still beating your
    wife' kind of statement... yawn. The answer is that it was the CIA
    and virtually every other intelligence service in the world who
    deceived our country. It was the US Congress who overwhelmingly gave
    Bush the authority to order the invasion of Iraq. Both of the
    Clintons along with John Kerry and other top Democrats are on record
    as saying that Saddam had to be removed from power. So don't pull
    this worn out crapola about how Bush single handedly did all of this.

    Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed it, there was and still is plenty
    of chaos in that area of the world. You can't pin that on Bush.

    > unlike President Clinton, who had the parties talking
    >to each other?

    Clinton had the Palestinians talking to the Israelis, which is an
    entirely different situation. Even so, the results were worthless.
    Since then, Israel has given up even more land and the Islamists have
    become ever more bold in their quest to wipe Israel off the map.

    >And, yes, whose cronies stepped into and interfered
    >with the Florida election for the presidency, rocking a process until, in
    >an unprecedented move, the US Supreme Court stepped in, overruled
    >the Florida State Supreme Court, and declared Bush the winner (with a
    >minority of popular votes and a very faulty Florida electoral process)?

    That's the classic liberal spin on what happened, and it is wrong.

    Facts:

    1. According to the Constitution, the popular vote has nothing to do
    with electing a president. If you don't like that system, then change
    the Constitution.

    2. According to Florida election law, Bush won that state on the
    first round. It was the democrats' cronies who insisted on recount
    after recount and extending the certification deadline in violation of
    state law.

    3. The Supreme Court did not in any way, shape or form select Bush as
    president. They simply ruled (correctly) that neither the federal
    government nor the Florida Supreme Court had the power to overturn
    Florida's election laws during an election. It's simple, and the
    ruling was just and correct.

    If your want to talk about cronyism, don't forget that the Florida
    Supreme Court was overwhelmingly made of liberal democrats... The US
    Supreme Court simply didn't let them get away with their effort to
    select the president.

    4.. Virtually every after the fact recount has shown that Bush won
    the state of Florida anyway.

    >Gosh, well......??! Is it surprising that many of us have so little confidence
    >in the abilities of this president?

    If you base your lack of confidence on the above, then your arguments
    are all smoke and mirrors. It all comes down to the fact that for
    the Bush haters, nothing he does is right, and the things he does
    wrong are amplified way out of proportion.

    >But, yes, he did collude with the neocons
    >to successfully cripple the AF capabilities of that otherwise fine Canon
    >body, so that's something...! ;-)

    NOW you're talking some sense!!! :)

    Steve

    smb, Aug 4, 2007
  17. smb

    smb Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 20:45:44 GMT, "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:

    >"smb" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:11:58 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"smb" <> wrote in message

    >>>No, we're saying that the totally failed response to the hurricane was
    >>>Bush's fault. See the diff?

    >> Perfect example. Nobody has ever demonstrated how it was Bush's
    >> fault. You guys just like to use him as a whipping boy ever since
    >> you wrongly think he stole the election from Gore years ago.

    >The response was the responsibility of the federal government, mainly FEMA.
    >His appointee, Brown, was totally useless or nobody (Bush and co.) listened
    >to him. Either way, failures of the federal government are the
    >responsibility of Bush, since he's the chief executive.
    >
    >OK, what's he done right? Give me some examples.

    The US economy is stronger now that it was at any time during the 8
    years of the previous administration, largely a direct result of
    Bush's tax and business policies. I'd say that's a good start.

    The US has not signed up for the ill-conceived Kyoto protocol, which
    would have crippled the US economy while giving a free ride to
    countries like India and China. Even those who signed on to that
    treaty have found that they can't meet the emissions targets anyway.

    There have been multiple terror plots foiled and no more attacks have
    been made on our soil since 9-11. I'd say that's a good thing.

    Al Quaida has been on the run and unable to find a strong base of
    operations since the start of the "Bush Doctrine." I'd say that's a
    good thing.

    As much as you don't like the reasons for Iraq war, Saddam and his
    sons are no longer a threat to their own people or their neighbors.
    I'd say that's a good thing.

    Libya has given up its nuclear weapons program. I'd say that's a
    really good thing.

    North Korea is giving up its nuclear program. I'd say that's a super
    good thing.

    I'm sure you can find fault with all of the above, but facts are
    facts.

    Now, lest you think I think Bush walks on water, I surely don't.
    Things he truly has done wrong include pushing that immigration bill
    that would essentially have given amnesty to millions of illegal
    aliens, which would have been a slap in the face to those who worked
    hard to enter the country legally. Equally if not more wrong is the
    weapons deal he is wanting to make with the Saudis... what is he
    thinking, anyway???

    But that's the great thing about our country. We're free to praise or
    condemn our leaders regardless of who we are.

    Steve

    smb, Aug 4, 2007
  18. smb

    smb Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:11:39 -0700, "Robert A. Cunningham"
    <> wrote:

    >"smb" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >> so long!!!
    >>

    >> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >> W. Bush's administration for
    >> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >> years ago.
    >>
    >> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >> billion a year."
    >>
    >> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >> responsible for Katrina....
    >>

    >Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon" in a
    >dictionary.
    >
    >If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    LOL ! But in case you missed the gist of my comment, "moroon" is
    just a parody of the word "moron." It was intentional on my part.

    smb, Aug 4, 2007
  19. smb

    smb Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 21:30:19 GMT, Matt Ion <>
    wrote:

    >Robert A. Cunningham wrote:
    >> "smb" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> For Rita, Bret and all the other lefties here, I'm surprised it took
    >>> so long!!!
    >>>

    >>> "Rep. James Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House
    >>> Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, blamed President George
    >>> W. Bush's administration for
    >>> shortchanging road and bridge repair in a highway funding bill two
    >>> years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Bush, he said, "failed to support a robust investment in surface
    >>> transportation," adding the president insisted on only $2 billion a
    >>> year for bridge reconstruction when lawmakers were pushing for $3
    >>> billion a year."
    >>>
    >>> What a maroon... from the same ilk who truly believe that Bush was
    >>> responsible for Katrina....
    >>>

    >> Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon" in a
    >> dictionary.
    >>
    >> If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    >Before you question his use of "maroon" in this context, you should
    >refresh yourself on your Bugs Bunny...

    BINGO ! You understand!!!

    smb, Aug 4, 2007
  20. smb

    smb Guest

    Re: I predicted it would happen!!!

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 23:14:54 -0700, "Robert A. Cunningham"
    <> wrote:

    >"Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    >> Robert A. Cunningham wrote:
    >>> "smb" <> wrote in message

    >>> Before you call someone a "maroon," you might look up the word "maroon"
    >>> in a dictionary.
    >>>
    >>> If not, you are just showing your true colors :)

    >> Before you question his use of "maroon" in this context, you should
    >> refresh yourself on your Bugs Bunny...

    >Oh, now I'm really curious. What's up Doc, with this Bug Bunny analogy?

    "What a maroon" was a favorite line of Bugs when he was describing
    some other character who didn't have a clue about the situation.

    smb, Aug 4, 2007