    Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.

    Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
    me.

    default, Nov 9, 2005

  2. default

    Yandos Guest

    On 9.11.2005 15:19, default wrote:
    > I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
    > virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.
    >
    > Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.
    >
    > Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
    > me.

    Yep, pack those files to password protected zip for example, so the
    scanner cannot open it :) Also just packing your files to zip without
    password could help.

    Y.

    Yandos, Nov 9, 2005

  3. default

    mike555 Guest

    mike555, Nov 9, 2005
  4. default

    default Guest

    On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:01:40 +0100, Yandos <>
    wrote:

    >On 9.11.2005 15:19, default wrote:
    >> I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
    >> virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.
    >>
    >> Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.
    >>
    >> Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
    >> me.

    >Yep, pack those files to password protected zip for example, so the
    >scanner cannot open it :) Also just packing your files to zip without
    >password could help.
    >
    >Y.

    Thanks. I've got the file encrypted and will try it.

    (I didn't know Power Archiver could encrypt files . . .)

    default, Nov 10, 2005
  5. default

    default Guest

    On 9 Nov 2005 08:01:19 -0800, "mike555" <> wrote:

    > ===== You might want to encrypt the files then send them... get
    >Axcrypt from.. http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/ .... it's good to
    >have anyway =====

    Looks useful. I'm downloading it now.

    Thanks

    default, Nov 10, 2005
  6. default

    Yandos Guest

    On 10.11.2005 14:18, default wrote:
    > On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:01:40 +0100, Yandos <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>On 9.11.2005 15:19, default wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
    >>>virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.
    >>>
    >>>Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.
    >>>
    >>>Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
    >>>me.

    >>Yep, pack those files to password protected zip for example, so the
    >>scanner cannot open it :) Also just packing your files to zip without
    >>password could help.
    >>
    >>Y.

    > Thanks. I've got the file encrypted and will try it.
    >
    > (I didn't know Power Archiver could encrypt files . . .)

    also windows xp built in zip archiver can "encrypt", but i'd rather call
    it password protect, because the encryption is quite weak (now we're
    starting to be really off topic :)

    Y.

    Yandos, Nov 11, 2005