OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jul 4, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jul 4, 2011

  2. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Re: OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legitby comparison

    On 7/4/2011 9:24 AM, RichA wrote:
    > I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    > People really are disgustingly stupid. America is going down the
    > financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    > real money...
    >
    > http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    Some people waste time and make stupid and/or uninformed comments about
    things they know nothing about. You seem to have a craving need for
    attention.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 4, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 4, 9:48 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    > RichA wrote:
    > > I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    > > People really are disgustingly stupid.  America is going down the
    > > financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    > > real money...

    > >http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    > I assume you've been living in some kind
    > of bubble, such that you didn't notice
    > WOW a while ago.
    >
    > A rapid google reveals "cheap WOW gold" SPAM
    > as far back as 2001.
    >
    >    BugBear

    If EVER the phrase, "The emporer has no cloths" was more apt, I can't
    think of a time.
    RichA, Jul 4, 2011
  4. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jul 4, 2:59 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > On Jul 4, 9:48 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    >

    > > RichA wrote:
    > > > I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    > > > People really are disgustingly stupid.  America is going down the
    > > > financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    > > > real money...

    > > >http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    > > I assume you've been living in some kind
    > > of bubble, such that you didn't notice
    > > WOW a while ago.

    > > A rapid google reveals "cheap WOW gold" SPAM
    > > as far back as 2001.

    > >    BugBear

    > If EVER the phrase, "The emporer has no cloths" was more apt, I can't
    > think of a time.

    http://techland.time.com/2011/02/04/hacker-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-12-billion-of-virtual-money/

    There's been other incedents in games where players sell on what they
    accumulated ion teh virtiual world for real work cash, I think some
    kid got a prety hefty sentance in china of korea a few years ago.
    Whisky-dave, Jul 4, 2011
  5. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 06:52:11 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-07-04 06:48:44 -0700, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> said:
    >
    >> RichA wrote:
    >>> I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    >>> People really are disgustingly stupid. America is going down the
    >>> financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    >>> real money...
    >>>
    >>> http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm
    >>>

    >> I assume you've been living in some kind
    >> of bubble, such that you didn't notice
    >> WOW a while ago.
    >>
    >> A rapid google reveals "cheap WOW gold" SPAM
    >> as far back as 2001.
    >>
    >> BugBear

    >Another reason not to do the FaceBook thing.

    Not really. Any time I see a game-related auto-post come up on my feed
    I just block that game app and I don't see any more from it again.
    It's like they never existed.
    John A., Jul 4, 2011
  6. RichA

    John A. Guest

    Re: OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 07:26:30 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 4, 2:59 pm, RichA <> wrote:

    >> > I assume you've been living in some kind
    >> > of bubble, such that you didn't notice
    >> > WOW a while ago.

    >> > A rapid google reveals "cheap WOW gold" SPAM
    >> > as far back as 2001.

    >> >    BugBear

    >> If EVER the phrase, "The emporer has no cloths" was more apt, I can't
    >> think of a time.

    >http://techland.time.com/2011/02/04/hacker-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-12-billion-of-virtual-money/
    >

    >There's been other incedents in games where players sell on what they
    >accumulated ion teh virtiual world for real work cash, I think some
    >kid got a prety hefty sentance in china of korea a few years ago.

    Ironically, there was a recent news story about Chinese prisoners
    being forced to play such games and accumulate items & wealth for the
    guards to sell. IIRC.
    John A., Jul 4, 2011
  7. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 06:24:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    >People really are disgustingly stupid. America is going down the
    >financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    >real money...
    >
    >http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    Meanwhile MANY more people are paying MUCH more to passively watch
    imaginary people do imaginary things.
    John A., Jul 4, 2011
  8. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    >People really are disgustingly stupid.

    Making money is stupid. Better to lose money but adhere to the tenets
    of Rich's religion.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 4, 2011
  9. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : > RichA wrote:
    : > > I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    : > > People really are disgustingly stupid.  America is going down the
    : > > financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    : > > real money...
    : >
    :
    : If EVER the phrase, "The emporer has no cloths" was more apt, I can't
    : think of a time.

    Or more badly spelled.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 4, 2011
  10. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : wrote:
    :
    : >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    : >People really are disgustingly stupid. America is going down the
    : >financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    : >real money...
    : >
    : >http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm
    :
    : Meanwhile MANY more people are paying MUCH more to passively watch
    : imaginary people do imaginary things.

    Or wasting much valuable time listening to imaginary photographers bitch on
    Usenet.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 4, 2011
  11. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 4, 11:56 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 7/4/11 8:24 AM, in article
    > , "RichA"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    > > People really are disgustingly stupid.  America is going down the
    > > financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    > > real money...

    > >http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    > Piss off, Canuck.

    Could sell our oil to the Chinese and watch you Americans in mile-long
    line-ups at gas stations, like during the last A-rab embargo in the
    Carter years. You can't tell us to p--- off because we supply most of
    your raw materials and oil. You can't tell the Chinese whom you
    borrow trillions off, you are F-------, as F------ as Greece only on a
    MUCH larger scale.
    Good luck with all that...
    RichA, Jul 4, 2011
  12. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 4, 2:23 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:
    > >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    > >People really are disgustingly stupid.

    > Making money is stupid.  Better to lose money but adhere to the tenets
    > of Rich's religion.

    The U.S. doomed itself when:
    1. It stopped innovating.
    2. It stopped being its own best customer.
    RichA, Jul 4, 2011
  13. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, RichA <> wrote:
    >On Jul 4, 2:23=A0pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA =A0<> wrote:
    >> >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    >> >People really are disgustingly stupid.

    >> Making money is stupid. =A0Better to lose money but adhere to the tenets
    >> of Rich's religion.
    >>

    >The U.S. doomed itself when:
    >1. It stopped innovating.
    >2. It stopped being its own best customer.

    We became doomed when we non stop gave trillions of dollars to third world
    countries such as yours in aid .
    GMAN, Jul 4, 2011
  14. Re: OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legitby comparison

    On 7/4/11 6:52 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-07-04 06:48:44 -0700, bugbear
    > <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> said:
    >
    >> RichA wrote:
    >>> I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    >>> People really are disgustingly stupid. America is going down the
    >>> financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    >>> real money...
    >>>
    >>> http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm
    >>>

    >> I assume you've been living in some kind
    >> of bubble, such that you didn't notice
    >> WOW a while ago.
    >>
    >> A rapid google reveals "cheap WOW gold" SPAM
    >> as far back as 2001.
    >>
    >> BugBear

    > Another reason *to not reply to Rich*...

    Fixed it!

    :)

    --
    l33 Edmund Blackadder and Baldrick converse:

    EB: "First Name?"
    B: "I'm not sure."
    EB: "Come on, you MUST have a first name."
    B: "It might be 'Sod Off'."
    EB: "Sod Off??"
    B: "Yeah, when I was a young lad playing in the gutter, I used to say to
    all the other snipes, "Hello, my name's Baldrick". And they'd say, "Yes
    we know, Sod Off, Baldrick"

    - Blackadder and Baldrick filling out an application form.
    John McWilliams, Jul 4, 2011
  15. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

    On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:16:36 -0500, George Kerby <>
    wrote:
    :
    :
    :
    : On 7/4/11 3:05 PM, in article
    : , "RichA"
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : > On Jul 4, 11:56 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    : >> On 7/4/11 8:24 AM, in article
    : >> , "RichA"
    : >>
    : >> <> wrote:
[...]
    : You are amazingly so full of shit it is a wonder that your toilet hasn't
    : suddenly exploded and sent you thru the roof. Your country doesn't supply
    : anything, you moron. If it wasn't for the USA, you'd still be bowing to the
    : Queen of England. Get over it...

    I think that might be a slight exaggeration, George.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2011
  16. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : >> RichA =A0<> wrote:
    : >> >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    : >> >People really are disgustingly stupid.
    : >>
    : >> Making money is stupid. =A0Better to lose money but adhere to the tenets
    : >> of Rich's religion.
    : >>
    : >
    : >The U.S. doomed itself when:
    : >1. It stopped innovating.
    : >2. It stopped being its own best customer.
    : >
    : >
    : We became doomed when we non stop gave trillions of dollars to third world
    : countries such as yours in aid .

    Before you finish making a total jackass of yourself, you might want to google
    "Third World" and find out what the term actually means (and how well Canada
    fits that definition).

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2011
  17. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:02:59 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    : On 2011-07-04 16:43:00 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    :
    : > On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:02:39 GMT, (GMAN) wrote:
    : > : In article
    : > <>,
    : > : >> RichA =A0<> wrote:
    : > : >> >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    : > : >> >People really are disgustingly stupid.
    : > : >>
    : > : >> Making money is stupid. =A0Better to lose money but adhere to the tenets
    : > : >> of Rich's religion.
    : > : >>
    : > : >
    : > : >The U.S. doomed itself when:
    : > : >1. It stopped innovating.
    : > : >2. It stopped being its own best customer.
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > : We became doomed when we non stop gave trillions of dollars to third world
    : > : countries such as yours in aid .
    : >
    : > Before you finish making a total jackass of yourself, you might want to google
    : > "Third World" and find out what the term actually means (and how well Canada
    : > fits that definition).
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Oh! Boy!
    : The "Third World" thing again.
    :
    : Canada, like the USA, Cuba, Panama, Mexico, Brazil, etc. is a part of
    : the "New World"
    :
    : So here it is, there is the "Old World" represented by the European
    : kingdoms emerging from the renaissance. Then after Columbus we have the
    : "New World" which encompasses all of the Americas, North, Central,
    : South, and the Caribbean Islands.
    : The "Third World" came about from those former colonies of the
    : crumbling European empires which were never given the opportunity to
    : develop beyond being stripped of resources.
    : So there was never a "First or Second World" just "Old", "New", and
    : "Third" Worlds.
    :
    : Now many of those "Third World" countries are "emerging nations" with a
    : large portion of their populace still trapped in the "Third World".
    : Classic examples being India, Pakistan, and much of South East Asia,
    : and the majority of African nations.

    The "First World" was us, Canada, NATO, etc., i.e. everybody who was engaged
    in fighting the "Cold" War against

    The "Second World", i.e. the evil, wicked, despicable, vile, anti-capitalist
    COMMUNISTS. Leaving everybody else in

    The "Third World", where they wallowed in squalor before starving to death or
    contracting their never-get-overs from tainted goat meat.

    But now that there's no Second World, and the former Third World is rubbing
    our faces in it economically and sending their kids, who speak three or four
    languages, to our universities, we've renamed them (as the Duck points out)
    "Emerging Nations".

    Next, they'll get to rename us. Something like "Paupers of the Past", except
    that it will be spelled with Chinese characters.

    I'll stop before I really get going and say something that won't win me any
    friends. Today is our Independence Day, and I'm steaming at how all the
    celebrations have become soaked in gratuitous militaristic propaganda. It's
    obvious that The Establishment really, Really, REALLY doesn't want Barack
    Obama doing anything to try to wind down our permanent military presence in
    the Middle East. Or anywhere else in the world. :^(

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2011
  18. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Re: OT How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

    On Jul 5, 12:23 am, "R. Mark Clayton" <>
    wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message

    > >I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    > > People really are disgustingly stupid.  America is going down the
    > > financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    > > real money...

    > >http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    > They don't just buy imaginary farm animals - they give billions to imaginary
    > prophets.
    >
    > One can understand religious fundamentalism in say Saudi Arabia - single
    > tradition, relatively low literacy, absolute monarchy, heavy censorship,
    > religious police, death for apostates etc.
    >
    > The USA OTOH has near 100% literacy, plural society, free press, secular
    > constitution (well almost) and yet now almost uniquely in the western world
    > has religious observance of around 50% and yanks give billions every yearto
    > every weird sort of "church" imaginable.

    I see what yuo mean it does seem strange, I can understand people
    believing in religions, but those that are obviously just scams I just
    donl;t understand
    how so many are fooled and pulled in to it.

    > Just ask them for a photo of god and see what happens...
    >
    > (in Saudi just tell them you have a picture of Mohammad...)

    Maybe you'd be lynched or stoned if you claimed that,
    I really don;t understand the image thing, I guess we're lucky
    (christians)
    we know our jesus was blonde long hair, blue eyed, and God has long
    white hair
    and looks a little like a cross between santa & Colonel sanders ,
    makes believing much easier ;-)
    Whisky-dave, Jul 5, 2011
  19. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: OT How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 04:31:00 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave <>
    wrote:
    : On Jul 5, 12:23 am, "R. Mark Clayton" <>
    : wrote:
    : > "RichA" <> wrote in message
    : >
    : > news:...
    : >
[...]

    I don't know about your Jesus, but mine is the one who told his colleagues,
    "Whenever you guys go out for a few glasses of wine after a hard day of saving
    souls, hoist one for me!"

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2011
  20. RichA

    On 7/4/2011 4:05 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Jul 4, 11:56 am, George Kerby<> wrote:
    >> On 7/4/11 8:24 AM, in article
    >> , "RichA"
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> I cannot believe the gaming model for this company makes them money.
    >>> People really are disgustingly stupid. America is going down the
    >>> financial tubes and people are buying "imaginary" farm animals with
    >>> real money...

    >>> http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/01/technology/zynga_IPO/index.htm

    >> Piss off, Canuck.

    > Could sell our oil to the Chinese and watch you Americans in mile-long
    > line-ups at gas stations, like during the last A-rab embargo in the
    > Carter years. You can't tell us to p--- off because we supply most of
    > your raw materials and oil. You can't tell the Chinese whom you
    > borrow trillions off, you are F-------, as F------ as Greece only on a
    > MUCH larger scale.
    > Good luck with all that...

    Your statements, (I won't dignify them by calling them arguments,) are
    becoming increasingly immature.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 6, 2011