    I guess I was more surprised that Seattle even made it to the bowl after
    watching this game. I'm not a fan of Seattle so I rarely watch any of their
    games, unless they are playing against a team that I do like.
    Robert Williams, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Robert Williams

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    That game sucked. Neither team deserved to win. The Steelers were lucky to
    have the refs on their side.

    No way a team with a QB rating of 22.6 should win a superbowl. The whole
    thing was a disgusting performance from both sides.
    Jtyc, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Robert Williams

    kpg Guest

    Robert Williams <>
    said something like

    > Any comments on Super Bowl XL???

    It's a game of inches. There wew several plays that had they gone
    for the Seahawks, they would have won.

    All in all, a better SB than most.

    Now to the real topic - what about the commercials????

    I only remember one I liked but it must not have made that big an
    impression on me cause now I can't even remember it.

    But I do remember laughing at it.

    kpg
    kpg, Feb 6, 2006
  4. Robert Williams

    kpg Guest

    Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    Jtyc <> said something like

    > That game sucked. Neither team deserved to win. The
    > Steelers were lucky to have the refs on their side.
    >
    > No way a team with a QB rating of 22.6 should win a superbowl. The
    > whole thing was a disgusting performance from both sides.

    Ah, come on...tell us what you really think.
    kpg, Feb 6, 2006
  5. Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > That game sucked. Neither team deserved to win. The Steelers were lucky to
    > have the refs on their side.
    >
    > No way a team with a QB rating of 22.6 should win a superbowl. The whole
    > thing was a disgusting performance from both sides.

    I'm not a fan of either team. My team was out of the SB race by week 6, but
    it's not just the QB. Sure the QB leads the team, and Roethlisberger was
    definitely the stronger of the two, but the entire team needs to *want* that
    win. Seattle seemed to have given up after those couple of calls went
    Pittsburghs way, and if you watched the game, you would know that there was
    maybe ONE call that went Pittsburghs way that really shouldn't have. That ref
    was not going to call the offensive pass interference until Hope said something,
    even though it *was* OPI. And if you're thinking that Roethlisberger's dive for
    the endzone didn't make it, recheck the footage...The ball did cross the plane
    while he was in the air. But that was just the start of Seattle's problems.
    Everytime Seattle had possesion of the ball and actually did something with it,
    someone on the offense screwed it up and lost them 10-15 yards.

    I agree, neither team performed exceptionally well, but you've gotta look at the
    players. Not a single active Steeler in this game has been to the Super Bowl.
    But, they still outperformed the Seahawks, and Cowher out-managed Holmgren.

    Was it the best Super Bowl? No
    Was it a good game? Yes
    Robert Williams, Feb 6, 2006
  6. > Now to the real topic - what about the commercials????

    > I only remember one I liked but it must not have made that big an
    > impression on me cause now I can't even remember it.
    >
    > But I do remember laughing at it.

    Oh, don't get me started on the commercials. Some of those commercials were
    fsking hilarious.

    The best had to have been the FedEx commercial with the cavemen.

    Here is the link for anyone to watch them: http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12
    Robert Williams, Feb 6, 2006
  7. Robert Williams

    kpg Guest

    Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    Robert Williams <>
    said something like

    > My team was out of the SB race by week 6

    You're lucky. My team was out in 1967.
    kpg, Feb 6, 2006
  8. Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    "kpg" <kenatweekendcomputerdotcom> wrote in message
    > Robert Williams <>
    > said something like
    >
    > > My team was out of the SB race by week 6

    > You're lucky. My team was out in 1967.

    You're not still betting on them are you?
    Robert Williams, Feb 6, 2006
  9. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of kpg:

    > It's a game of inches. There wew several plays that had they gone
    > for the Seahawks, they would have won.

    I wonder if a ref has ever been taken to court for bad calls.
    Roethlisberger did NOT score, and that Seattle touchdown should not have
    been called back. Total bullsh!t IMNSHO. Even a crap quarterback can win
    if the zebras are on your side.

    > All in all, a better SB than most.

    Well, the Stones played well.

    > Now to the real topic - what about the commercials????
    >
    > I only remember one I liked but it must not have made that big an
    > impression on me cause now I can't even remember it.

    The "streaker" was hilarious!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Feb 6, 2006
  10. Robert Williams

    kpg Guest

    Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    Robert Williams <>
    said something like

    >> > My team was out of the SB race by week 6

    >> You're lucky. My team was out in 1967.
    >>

    > You're not still betting on them are you?

    <sigh>... yes.
    kpg, Feb 6, 2006
  11. Robert Williams

    kpg Guest

    JaR <> said something like

    > Well, the Stones played well.

    Not!

    They butchered Satisfaction.

    The sound system scuked.

    Mick should retire.

    kp "I can't get no..." g
    kpg, Feb 6, 2006
  12. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of kpg:

    >> Well, the Stones played well.

    > Not!
    >
    > They butchered Satisfaction.
    >
    > The sound system scuked.
    >
    > Mick should retire.
    >
    > kp "I can't get no..." g

    Yeah, you're right.

    I want my Sunday afternoon back!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Feb 6, 2006
  13. Robert Williams

    Guest

    Re: OT: How about that Super Bowl???

    My favourite was the "Benny Hill" takeoff fpr ringtones. However it
    will probably be lost on most Americans.
    , Feb 6, 2006
  14. Robert Williams

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My favourite was the "Benny Hill" takeoff fpr ringtones. However it
    > will probably be lost on most Americans.

    Not in this group, it won't.

    R U Hawt? Like the nurse in that ad?

    GIFS!!!@!!@!1!!~~

  16. Robert Williams

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    > Ah, come on...tell us what you really think.

    I didn't like it.
    Jtyc, Feb 6, 2006
  17. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    Re: OT: How about that Super Bowl???

    plaintive wail of :

    > My favourite was the "Benny Hill" takeoff fpr ringtones. However it
    > will probably be lost on most Americans.

    It's deja vu all over again.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Feb 6, 2006
  18. Robert Williams

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    > I'm not a fan of either team.

    Neither am I.

    > My team was out of the SB race by week 6,

    Pre-season for mine.

    > Roethlisberger was definitely the stronger of the two

    We must have watched different games. Big Ben is the one with the 22.6
    rating.

    > I agree, neither team performed exceptionally well

    Exactly. They both sucked.

    > Was it a good game?

    Not really.
    Jtyc, Feb 6, 2006
  19. Robert Williams

    Jtyc Guest

    > Roethlisberger did NOT score

    I would accept that call more readily if the side judge hadn't marked him
    down first, then changed his mind. I thought that was odd.
    Jtyc, Feb 6, 2006
  20. Re: How about that Super Bowl???

    > Robert Williams <>
    > said something like

    > >> You're lucky. My team was out in 1967.
    > >>

    > > You're not still betting on them are you?

    > <sigh>... yes.

    Ohhhh....now that's gonna leave a scar in the morning...
    Robert Williams, Feb 6, 2006