OT: High-tech cheating...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by BD, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. BD

    BD Guest

    I knew it was out there, but some of these people take it to the limit.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0609/p01s02-woap.html

    Highlights:

    > Passing notes in the exam room? It's so passé.
    >
    > Try this instead: sew a tiny microphone and speaker inside a shirt cuff,
    > activate on a
    > concealed cellphone, and get your buddy outside to scan the textbook for
    > answers. It worked
    > this year for two first-year medical students in Lucknow, India - until a
    > supervisor
    > spotted them in action.

    Dude....fuggin med students? How many doctors haven't been caught? I now have a
    legitimate reason to not trust the Indian doctors in America.

    > In China, professional exam-takers known as "hired guns" handle the bothersome
    > task of
    > actually turning up to take a test. For a fee, an agency will send a
    > look-alike to the exam
    > room, with the promise of a 95 percent success rate for university entrance
    > tests.

    What? Look alikes? HAHAHA....Don't they all look alike? That wouldn't be too
    difficult would it.

    > Rapid economic growth in countries like China and India has only added to the
    > pressure from
    > parents and peers. By some estimates, barely 1 percent of hundreds of
    > thousands of Indian
    > applicants seeking college spots this year will land a place.

    1%? wow, no wonder they...sorry Cerebrus, so many...are turning to cheating.

    > In Vietnam, crib sheets in eye-straining fonts called "life buoys" are sold at
    > tea shops
    > before entrance tests, designed to be consulted discreetly in the exam room.
    > Thailand is
    > getting wise to high-tech sneaks: last year, 46 men were caught with
    > cellphones taped to
    > their body or hidden in underwear at a military academy entrance exam in
    > Bangkok, Thailand.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHA....Cheating to get into the military??? How stupid do they get??
    And to keep the phones in their nastyazz drawers? I'll bet he had some sh!tty
    conversations.

    > Just ask Ashish, a telecommunications graduate from India's Pune University.
    > He was caught
    > cheating on his final-year exam - he diagrammed an elaborate electronic
    > circuit on the
    > underside of his calculator - and kicked out. But hereturned and passedthe
    > next term, and
    > freely admits to cheating on most tests at university.

    LMAO, I think Ashish was hittin the Hashish.

    > In 2003, a standardized entrance exam for six elite management schools was
    > cancelled after
    > scalpers were arrested with the question paper. Students had reportedly agreed
    > to pay up to
    > $10,000 per question sheet until the scandal broke.

    Dude(s)... $10K per exam sheet? WTF? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just fuggin
    study?

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #51
    BD, Jul 20, 2006

  2. BD

    Cerebrus Guest

    BD wrote:
    > Dude....fuggin med students? How many doctors haven't been caught? I now have a
    > legitimate reason to not trust the Indian doctors in America.

    Lol ! Don't worry, only the one's with the lowest patient mortality
    scores get to America. ;-)

    > > By some estimates, barely 1 percent of hundreds of
    > > thousands of Indian applicants seeking college spots this year will land a place.

    > 1%? wow, no wonder they...sorry Cerebrus, so many...are turning to cheating.

    Yeah, it is a struggle...

    > LMAO, I think Ashish was hittin the Hashish.

    Now that you mention it... ;-)

    > Dude(s)... $10K per exam sheet? WTF? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just fuggin
    > study?

    Actually, it's more like Rs. 10,000 which would be about $250. I've
    seen people pay 100 times that much to get admission. What can I say...
    Things have improved in some ways, but have gotten worse in a lot of
    other ways too.

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVelier than Windows Live !)
    Cerebrus, Jul 20, 2006

  3. BD

    kpg Guest

    Don't thoses Indians have any Judeo-Christian morales?

    Oh, wait...

    kp "who does these days?" g
    kpg, Jul 20, 2006
  4. BD

    BD Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message

    > BD wrote:
    >> Dude....fuggin med students? How many doctors haven't been caught? I now have
    >> legitimate reason to not trust the Indian doctors in America.

    > Lol ! Don't worry, only the one's with the lowest patient mortality
    > scores get to America. ;-)

    Ok, that makes me feel bet....wait a minute...that's still not cool.

    >> > By some estimates, barely 1 percent of hundreds of
    >> > thousands of Indian applicants seeking college spots this year will land a
    >> > place.

    >> 1%? wow, no wonder they...sorry Cerebrus, so many...are turning to cheating.

    > Yeah, it is a struggle...
    >
    >> LMAO, I think Ashish was hittin the Hashish.

    > Now that you mention it... ;-)
    >
    >> Dude(s)... $10K per exam sheet? WTF? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just fuggin
    >> study?

    > Actually, it's more like Rs. 10,000 which would be about $250. I've
    > seen people pay 100 times that much to get admission. What can I say...
    > Things have improved in some ways, but have gotten worse in a lot of
    > other ways too.

    Rs would make more sense, but the article put the $ sign in front of it. Dambed
    media, 1:1 currency conversions really screw things up.

    BD, Jul 20, 2006
  5. BD

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:02:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:

    > Don't thoses Indians have any Judeo-Christian morales

    Manny Morales?

    No. He works here now.

    And I think he's a Catholic.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Jul 20, 2006
  6. BD

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Manny Morales?
    >
    > No. He works here now.
    >
    > And I think he's a Catholic.

    Dictionarys are just glorified br@indumps, and
    I don't use them.
    kpg, Jul 20, 2006
  7. BD

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:08:40 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:

    > Dictionarys are just glorified br@indumps, and
    > I don't use them.

    Out Loud I Laffed.

    --