OT: Here's some BS

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by CBIC, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    CBIC, Oct 2, 2007

  2. CBIC

    Thor Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    Sorry, I did not get it.
    I agree with the respect and all, but I do not get it.
    53

    Thor, Oct 2, 2007

  3. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, I did not get it.
    > I agree with the respect and all, but I do not get it.
    > 53

    It appears that these soldiers were not allowed to go into the terminal at
    the Oakland airport. They had to exit their plane about 400 yards from the
    terminal and remain outside. I don't know the reason for this but find it
    outrageous that they were treated this way.
    CBIC, Oct 2, 2007
  4. CBIC

    Thor Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry, I did not get it.
    >> I agree with the respect and all, but I do not get it.
    >> 53

    > It appears that these soldiers were not allowed to go into the terminal at
    > the Oakland airport. They had to exit their plane about 400 yards from the
    > terminal and remain outside. I don't know the reason for this but find it
    > outrageous that they were treated this way.

    Yeah, I agree, still I thought this was normal behavior. If the soldiers
    were in uniform, that is. Not much to be sensitive about, that's all. Maybe
    there are cultural differences here. Myself I would be proud to showcase
    soldiers coming home, of course, but a few guys sitting on the grass for a
    couple of hours isn't my kind of a news story. Unless, of course, the
    treating of the soldiers is a political statement.
    53
    Thor, Oct 2, 2007
  5. CBIC

    Brat® Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    And from the Canadian front:

    http://tinyurl.com/2rfnq4

    or

    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...928/yellow_support_070928/20070928?hub=Canada

    Basically there is a group in New Brunswick that are going door to door
    asking people to NOT support our troops!

    We support our TROOPS not the government that sent them there... I have a
    brother on the way back there AGAIN and 3 uncles who just returned. I have
    my veteran plates and my yellow ribbon magnet on my car and I wear my red
    support our troops shirt on fridays. I wear my uniform proudly (yes I'm
    back in for those that missed it this summer but I am a Cadet officer this
    time - I instruct cadets (www.cadets.net)) and I will continue to do so and
    I DARE anyone to come to my door and ask/threaten me not to support our men
    and women.

    No I do not like the war nor do I support the government who sent our
    soldiers there but I will DAMN well support them and their families as they
    do what they are ordered to do.

    There is a HUGE difference between supporting war and supporting troops...
    that is why the ribbons say "Support Our Troops" not "Support the War
    Effort"... these people are just too damn stuborn and pig headed to hear
    what we are saying. I will NOT turn my back on my brother or my uncles
    because someone threatened me!

    Yeah I'm angry!!

    --
    Brat® MCNGP # 69
    Brat®, Oct 2, 2007
  6. CBIC

    John R Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, I did not get it.
    > I agree with the respect and all, but I do not get it.
    > 53
    >
    > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >> http://michellemalkin.com/2007/09/30/what-happened-to-our-troops-in-oakland/
    >>

    >> I don't care how against the war you are, you should still support our
    >> troops. They don't make the policies, they just do the dirty work and
    >> deserve our respect.

    I agree with Thor. If you read the whole article, you will find...
    "The airport received information that the passengers were not TSA-screened"

    It seems to me that it was almost reasonable to hold them in the quarantine
    area. That, or take them outside the airport if they wanted and let them
    come back in through normal security. Maybe the airport should provide a
    seperate security area for these soldiers to come back in where they have
    metal detectors and baggage screening machines.

    Don't get me wrong, I think each and every one of the soldiers in our
    services are heroes and I thank them personally when I run into them. But
    that does not preclude seeing to it that each and every passenger in the
    secure area of an airport is screened.

    John R.
    John R, Oct 2, 2007
  7. CBIC

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    A few points that may have passed you by based on personal
    experience and it was contained in the article.

    1. The troops and their luggage were screened at their departure
    point and then placed in security isolation until they departed the
    area. In other words they were checked and then essentially jailed
    until they got on the plane.

    2. When they were at their layover points at no time did they leave
    a secure area. Again their freedom of movement was restricted to areas
    where they had no access to "contraband"

    3. Any and all weapons present were secured on the aircraft and were
    released to the individual troops at their final destination. As you board
    the aircraft you check in your weapon to the armorer who then secures it
    in a special container. After everyone is on, the container(s) is locked
    and
    sealed and is not unlocked until you arrive at your final point.

    These guys were not a threat and should not have been treated like criminals
    just for transiting a minor metropolitan airport. It was some nitwit in the
    security
    office who had his head jammed in a dark smelly space who wanted to be a
    jerk
    that caused this as they clearly mentioned that the airport decided to block
    them from access.

    In addition before it is thrown in my face here is an excerpt with a bit of
    commentary:

    The airport received information that the passengers were not TSA-screened
    at their originating airport and that weapons were on-board the aircraft.
    Together with our security partners, the airport made a decision to park
    this aircraft at a remote location on the tarmac.

    Point A: NO the TSA did not screen them, the US Military did, who
    would you rather handle the screening, some underskilled civilian
    under pressure to "get those passengers moving" or a well trained
    member of the US Military who knows what he is looking for.

    Point B: Of course there are weapons on board, these are Marines
    for goodness sake. I'd as soon come between a Mama Grizzly bear
    and her cubs before I would try and take a Marine's personal weapon,
    my chances of survival would be greater. If you don't believe me
    ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.

    As I said before is was some officious oaf who probably never
    served his country who wanted to be beastly to some members of
    the military because he doesn't like the war.

    Okay, now I am off my soapbox.

    Lnkwizard2, Oct 3, 2007
  8. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    > If you don't believe me
    > ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.

    I used to sleep with mine. Damn uncomfortable too...
    Jtyc, Oct 3, 2007
  9. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "Lnkwizard2" <> wrote in message
    >A few points that may have passed you by based on personal
    > experience and it was contained in the article.

    Personally, If I saw a few hundred Marines with their weapons in hand in a
    terminal, I'd feel safe. For all I care, they should be allowed to carry
    them anywhere they go. The rule should be this: You p!ss off a Marine,
    he/she has the right to shoot you.
    CBIC, Oct 3, 2007
  10. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    > Personally, If I saw a few hundred Marines with their weapons in hand in a
    > terminal, I'd feel safe. For all I care, they should be allowed to carry
    > them anywhere they go. The rule should be this: You p!ss off a Marine,
    > he/she has the right to shoot you.

    Sounds reasonable.
    Jtyc, Oct 3, 2007
  11. CBIC

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> If you don't believe me
    >> ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.

    > I used to sleep with mine. Damn uncomfortable too...

    Wouldn't one become worried about nocturnal emissions?
    Frisbee®, Oct 3, 2007
  12. CBIC

    kpg* Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:u65IOocBIHA.5868
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    >> If you don't believe me
    >> ask any US Marine you know about his weapon.

    > I used to sleep with mine. Damn uncomfortable too...

    My rifle is my best friend.

    Her name is Charlene.
    kpg*, Oct 3, 2007
  13. CBIC

    Thor Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    The main thing I learned in the military was that I was a tool.
    I guess service in the US is different. This is a good thing.
    53

    Thor, Oct 3, 2007
  14. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > The main thing I learned in the military was that I was a tool.
    > I guess service in the US is different. This is a good thing.
    > 53

    That's pretty much the same in our military. It's just that I have a great
    respect for those who served before me, with me, and after me.
    CBIC, Oct 3, 2007
  15. CBIC

    kpg* Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "CBIC" <> wrote in

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    >> The main thing I learned in the military was that I was a tool.
    >> I guess service in the US is different. This is a good thing.
    >> 53

    > That's pretty much the same in our military. It's just that I have a
    > great respect for those who served before me, with me, and after me.

    Yes, you are a cog in the wheel, but that's true at any job.

    I specifically joined the Marines because the Army/Air Force/Navy
    seemed too large and impersonal. I didn't want to be just a number.

    In the Marines I was one of only 2 dozen active duty personnel with
    that MOS - I was important to the mission, not irreplaceable, but
    important.

    Watching the "The WAR" on PBS gives a good perspective on the
    "just a tool" concept. Many of theses men went from one bloody
    campaign to the next, each time with a high probability that they
    would be killed. Most were drafted, and once on the beach you had
    little choice but to fight, but that does not in one bit diminish
    the courage and sacrifice they were asked to make.

    Our current military is all volunteer. Combat or not, theses guys
    (and gals) are heroes and deserve our respect. They should be
    paraded down the airport concourse so those hapless, detached,
    and hopelessly brainwashed civilians could see what real men and
    women look like.

    OOH-RAH
    kpg*, Oct 3, 2007
  16. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message

    > Our current military is all volunteer. Combat or not, theses guys
    > (and gals) are heroes and deserve our respect. They should be
    > paraded down the airport concourse so those hapless, detached,
    > and hopelessly brainwashed civilians could see what real men and
    > women look like.
    >
    > OOH-RAH

    Very well said!
    CBIC, Oct 3, 2007
  17. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    > Her name is Charlene.

    We might a Marine out of you yet Private Pile!
    Jtyc, Oct 3, 2007
  18. CBIC

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message

    > Combat or not, theses guys (and gals) are heroes and deserve our respect.

    I had a huge reply in place criticizing you for the use of the word "hero",
    but in retrospect I think I'd rather not post it. Let me just say that the
    word hero is used far too often, and people should stop and think what it
    actually means before they label someone a hero. Sometimes it's appropriate,
    but many times it is not.

    KB
    Briscobar, Oct 3, 2007
  19. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    I prefer to be called a "superstar!".

    Or "the man" if you like.

    There are some who call me... Tim.
    Jtyc, Oct 3, 2007
  20. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Here's some BS

    > We might a Marine out of you yet Private Pile!

    might make...

    me brain works faster than me fingers...
    Jtyc, Oct 3, 2007