    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord
    The New Inkjet Company
    Ben Lord, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Ben Lord

    Bill Guest

    Re: Help - Relisys TL565 15" TFT

    "Ben Lord" <> wrote in message
    news:bkq7r3$rul$...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I got a new system yesterday with the above screen. I had to install
    > Windows 2000 which I did and now its installed OK. Trouble is, in Display
    > Properties in Settings, I want a resolution of 1024 x 768 or there abouts
    > but in the Display area, it says only (Default Monitor) on VGA. I've

    tried
    > taking monitor out of back of base unit and re-inserting, also Add New
    > Hardware Wizards but nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas??

    Monitor drivers?
    Graphics drivers?

    Just a thought comparing to my TFT.

    Bill
    Bill, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Ben Lord

    °Mike° Guest

    You need to update your video card drivers.

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:44:21 +0100, in
    <bkq7r3$rul$>
    Ben Lord scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    Where do I go to find out which Video Card?

    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Re: Help - Relisys TL565 15" TFT

    "Bill" <> wrote in message

    > "Ben Lord" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > I got a new system yesterday with the above screen. I had to install
    > > Windows 2000 which I did and now its installed OK. Trouble is, in

    Display
    > > Properties in Settings, I want a resolution of 1024 x 768 or there

    abouts
    > > but in the Display area, it says only (Default Monitor) on VGA. I've

    > tried
    > > taking monitor out of back of base unit and re-inserting, also Add New
    > > Hardware Wizards but nothing.
    > >
    > > Any ideas??

    go to device manager (via control panel - system)
    open the display adapters bit.
    In this section should be an entry with the name of ur graphics card.
    If not what is in this section????
    Next check the monitors section.
    What is diplayed here???

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Sep 23, 2003
  6. Ben Lord

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    Re: Help - Relisys TL565 15" TFT

    There is nothing called Display Adapters or Monitors in the Device Manager

    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    This is no good as at the moment the Internet is on this system; my laptop.

    Any other suggestions??

    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Sep 23, 2003
  9. Ben Lord

    ß Ø ® G Guest

    Re: Help - Relisys TL565 15" TFT

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:58:51 +0100, "Ben Lord"
    <> wrote:

    >There is nothing called Display Adapters or Monitors in the Device Manager

    you need to install your graphics card drivers then

    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header
    ß Ø ® G, Sep 23, 2003
  10. Ben Lord

    Guy Fawkes Guest

    Ben Lord wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I got a new system yesterday with the above screen. I had to install
    > Windows 2000 which I did and now its installed OK. Trouble is, in Display
    > Properties in Settings, I want a resolution of 1024 x 768 or there abouts
    > but in the Display area, it says only (Default Monitor) on VGA. I've
    > tried taking monitor out of back of base unit and re-inserting, also Add
    > New Hardware Wizards but nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas??

    yeah, I think your knowledge of hardware is only matched by your knowledge
    of newsgroup heirarchy.

    --
    Backbone server http://www.surfbaud.org/
    E-mail (rot-13) WO ng FHESONHQ qbg BET
    Guy Fawkes, Sep 23, 2003
  11. Ben Lord

    °Mike° Guest

    Then check the documents that came with the new
    system, for the maker of your graphics card. You should
    also have a driver disk for the graphics card. If you don't
    have any of these, take the system back.

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:07:57 +0100, in
    <bkq97b$nh$>
    Ben Lord scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  12. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    Re: Help - Relisys TL565 15" TFT

    Right well I need to find out what Graphics Card I have so how do I do that?

    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Sep 23, 2003
  13. Ben Lord

    miner Guest

    Re: Help - Relisys TL565 15" TFT

    i have a small program called AIDA32 which identifies all the components of
    my system. http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    miner, Sep 23, 2003
  14. Ben Lord

    Pete Guest

    In article <bkq7r3$rul$>, Ben Lord says...

    >Hi there,

    >I got a new system yesterday with the above screen. I had to install
    >Windows 2000 which I did and now its installed OK. Trouble is,

    >in Display
    >Properties in Settings, I want a resolution of 1024 x 768 or there abouts
    >but in the Display area, it says only (Default Monitor) on VGA.

    The software has Identified the Monitor type
    as standard and loaded a default 'standard'
    type driver to run it. Standard type drivers
    for unknown monitors VGA do not allow a res
    of 1024x768

    >I've tried
    >taking monitor out of back of base unit and re-inserting, also Add New
    >Hardware Wizards but nothing.

    Wrong way
    >Any ideas??

    1] Look at the rear of the monitor for the
    manufacturers plate. Pull off [write down]
    Maker/Model and type if indicated. Cross
    refer to user handbook for the monitor.

    2] Access 'Control Panel' - 'Display' -
    'settings' - 'advanced' - 'Monitor' and
    then select *Change* // Note:- near the
    change button there should be the type of
    monitor the puter thinks it has. Follow
    the obvious route from here on in by selecting
    the monitor manufacturer first in the left window
    then the monitor type in the right. If you do not
    see the type listed then windoze does not have the
    correct driver for it. If it has then select and windoze
    should pull it from its Db or request the W2* CD-Rom.
    If it is not listed then select have disc insert your
    driver disc and *Browse* for the driver. [Windoze hardly
    ever finds it] Reboot. Then reslect the display
    properties you want.

    HTH

    Pete

    Pete, Sep 24, 2003