OT: Help, bios problems!

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Dickie Peters, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. For some reason my computer would not recognize my cd roms, so I
    pressed F2 and went into the bios window. I went to the area that
    showed the CD roms and hit Reset default. And I have screwed things up
    big time. No matter what i do, I cannot get back into that window. I
    have held down f2, f8, f10, delete, and other keys when booting up and
    nothing. However, when I hit f2 after a few seonds I get 2 icons on a
    screen that use to have about 50 and nothing else will happen. How can
    I get back into the bios and once there, what should I do to get it
    back where it was before I screwed things up? I am at the library and
    will return on Friday to check if anyone has responded. I have done
    all I could think of and would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Since I posted the above, someone came over and got windows to go back
    to normal, but the computer will still not allow access to the bios
    window. I even took the battery out of the motherboard for about 10
    minutes. Is that enough time or should I do something else?

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dickie

    Thanks!

    Dickie Peters, Mar 9, 2007