OT: Have A Read Joseph And The Dreamcoat Fans

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Dragon, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Hi guys thought I would mention this one, just come back from the Liverpool
    Empire after seeing Joseph live on stage and boy was it good. If anyone is
    planning or evening thinking about going to see it at their local theatre
    book now.

    The good thing is that we got a bit of a shock as when we arrived we found
    out that instead of a bloke who we have never heard of playing Joseph we
    found to my wife's amazement it was Darren Day.

    Ok I know some might say oh him but he made the show I think 50 times
    better, as we seen it a few years back Darren performance and star quality
    and extra star status made it a brilliant show, no outstanding show and my
    wife's loves him anyway, she even got a thank you from Darren on the encore
    and standing ovation as we where front row seats.

    Anyway enough of my blabble get and book it if you haven't and if you
    already have tickets and you are luckily to get Darren day playing Joseph
    you are in for a fantastic night.

    Thanks to darren and the gang and of course the Liverpool Empire for putting
    on a great show, roll on the next time it is here I am definitely going
    again

    I know its not relevant fro these NGs but I know some people will be
    interested

    Dave

    ---

    Dragon, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Bren Guest

    > Hi guys thought I would mention this one, just come back from the Liverpool
    > Empire after seeing Joseph live on stage and boy was it good. If anyone is

    I'm waiting for the return of Maggie, Maggie May!!! :)

    Bren, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Ionizer Guest

    Re: Have A Read Joseph And The Dreamcoat Fans

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    > The good thing is that we got a bit of a shock as when we arrived we

    found
    > out that instead of a bloke who we have never heard of playing Joseph we
    > found to my wife's amazement it was Darren Day.

    He's no Donny Osmond.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Hammerer Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    > Hi guys thought I would mention this one, just come back from the

    Liverpool
    > Empire after seeing Joseph live on stage and boy was it good. If anyone is
    > planning or evening thinking about going to see it at their local theatre
    > book now.

    Joseph? Isn't that the guy with the coat of many colours? Red & orange &
    green & lilac & peach & ruby & violet & pink etc etc etc?

    What a load of tosh. Bad-taste tosh, too. Why couldn't he just have settled
    for a nice, plain, monochromatic coat . . . . or, at the very least,
    something in two-tone, with perhaps some nice coloured piping along the
    edges?

    Joe's brothers were quite right to **** him up the way they did. Show-off.

    Hammerer, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Re: Have A Read Joseph And The Dreamcoat Fans

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:10:01 +0100, Hammerer wrote:

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi guys thought I would mention this one, just come back from the

    > Liverpool
    >> Empire after seeing Joseph live on stage and boy was it good. If anyone is
    >> planning or evening thinking about going to see it at their local theatre
    >> book now.
    >>

    > Joseph? Isn't that the guy with the coat of many colours? Red & orange &
    > green & lilac & peach & ruby & violet & pink etc etc etc?

    Yup, Joseph is definately a Technicolor yawn.

    > What a load of tosh. Bad-taste tosh, too. Why couldn't he just have settled
    > for a nice, plain, monochromatic coat . . . . or, at the very least,
    > something in two-tone, with perhaps some nice coloured piping along the
    > edges?
    >
    > Joe's brothers were quite right to **** him up the way they did. Show-off.

    Unequivocally!

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)

    michael turner, Oct 20, 2004
  6. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:06:56 +0000, Dragon wrote:

    > Hi guys thought I would mention this one, just come back from the Liverpool
    > Empire after seeing Joseph live on stage and boy was it good. If anyone is
    > planning or evening thinking about going to see it at their local theatre
    > book now.
    >
    > The good thing is that we got a bit of a shock as when we arrived we found
    > out that instead of a bloke who we have never heard of playing Joseph we
    > found to my wife's amazement it was Darren Day.
    >
    > Ok I know some might say oh him but he made the show I think 50 times
    > better, as we seen it a few years back Darren performance and star quality
    > and extra star status made it a brilliant show, no outstanding show and my
    > wife's loves him anyway, she even got a thank you from Darren on the encore
    > and standing ovation as we where front row seats.
    >
    > Anyway enough of my blabble get and book it if you haven't and if you
    > already have tickets and you are luckily to get Darren day playing Joseph
    > you are in for a fantastic night.
    >
    > Thanks to darren and the gang and of course the Liverpool Empire for putting
    > on a great show, roll on the next time it is here I am definitely going
    > again
    >
    > I know its not relevant fro these NGs but I know some people will be
    > interested

    I fuckin' hate musicals.

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)

    michael turner, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > The good thing is that we got a bit of a shock as when we arrived we

    > found
    > > out that instead of a bloke who we have never heard of playing Joseph we
    > > found to my wife's amazement it was Darren Day.
    > >

    > He's no Donny Osmond.
    >
    > --
    > Ian.

    No Ian he's not

    but I have had the pleasure of seeing Donny live doing Joseph yet and
    probably wont so Darren Day was second best and good at it too

    Dave

    ---

    Dragon, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Hammerer Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    > but I have had the pleasure of seeing Donny live doing Joseph

    Dragsy! You wouldn't have the hash-code for that, would you? I've got a vid
    of Donny 'doing' everything from farmyard animals to his sister Marie, but
    I've never been able to get hold of this one. There's just not enough movies
    out there of Mormon, 70's pop-stars 'doing' biblical characters. I've always
    said that.

    > yet and
    > probably wont so Darren Day was second best and good at it too

    Never heard of the guy - but count me in! Anyone who comes second to Donny
    is OK in my book.

    Hammerer, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Re: Have A Read Joseph And The Dreamcoat Fans

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:34:52 +0100, Hammerer wrote:

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> but I have had the pleasure of seeing Donny live doing Joseph
    >>

    > Dragsy! You wouldn't have the hash-code for that, would you? I've got a vid
    > of Donny 'doing' everything from farmyard animals to his sister Marie, but
    > I've never been able to get hold of this one. There's just not enough movies
    > out there of Mormon, 70's pop-stars 'doing' biblical characters. I've always
    > said that.
    >>
    >> yet and
    >> probably wont so Darren Day was second best and good at it too
    >>

    > Never heard of the guy - but count me in! Anyone who comes second to Donny
    > is OK in my book.

    Anyone for shite retired aussie soap cast members doing Joseph... ?

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)

    michael turner, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Re: Have A Read Joseph And The Dreamcoat Fans

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:48:44 -0400, Ionizer wrote:

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The good thing is that we got a bit of a shock as when we arrived we

    > found
    >> out that instead of a bloke who we have never heard of playing Joseph we
    >> found to my wife's amazement it was Darren Day.
    >>

    > He's no Donny Osmond.

    Nah his teeth ain't as white, and he ain't a Mormon.

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)

    michael turner, Oct 20, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Hammerer Guest

    "michael turner" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:34:52 +0100, Hammerer wrote:
    >

    > > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> but I have had the pleasure of seeing Donny live doing Joseph
    > >>

    > > Dragsy! You wouldn't have the hash-code for that, would you? I've got a

    vid
    > > of Donny 'doing' everything from farmyard animals to his sister Marie,

    but
    > > I've never been able to get hold of this one. There's just not enough

    movies
    > > out there of Mormon, 70's pop-stars 'doing' biblical characters. I've

    always
    > > said that.
    > >>
    > >> yet and
    > >> probably wont so Darren Day was second best and good at it too
    > >>

    > > Never heard of the guy - but count me in! Anyone who comes second to

    Donny
    > > is OK in my book.

    > Anyone for shite retired aussie soap cast members doing Joseph... ?

    Only if they agree to indulge in a spot of 'shuttling'.

    Hammerer, Oct 20, 2004