OT: Happy Monday!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    6:06am: ring ring...
    Groggily, "Hello?"
    "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks like
    we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you come
    in early to get them back up and running?"
    "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my usual
    9."

    7:10am: ring ring...
    Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are down',
    what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all up
    and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
    power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
    "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
    Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
    "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
    me."
    Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
    <manager> first and have him call me."

    Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top it
    off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Long live The Ben!

    Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Briscobar

    MitchS Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > 6:06am: ring ring...
    > Groggily, "Hello?"
    > "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks
    > like
    > we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you
    > come
    > in early to get them back up and running?"
    > "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my
    > usual
    > 9."
    >
    > 7:10am: ring ring...
    > Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are
    > down',
    > what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all
    > up
    > and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
    > power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
    > "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
    > Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
    > "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
    > me."
    > Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
    > <manager> first and have him call me."
    >
    > Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top
    > it
    > off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

    Sound like someone has a case of the Mondays.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Jun 26, 2006

  3. Briscobar

    LoopBack Guest

    Briscobar wrote:
    > 6:06am: ring ring...
    > Groggily, "Hello?"
    > "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks like
    > we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you come
    > in early to get them back up and running?"
    > "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my usual
    > 9."
    >
    > 7:10am: ring ring...
    > Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are down',
    > what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all up
    > and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
    > power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
    > "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
    > Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
    > "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
    > me."
    > Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
    > <manager> first and have him call me."
    >
    > Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top it
    > off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.
    >
    > --
    > KB
    >
    > MCNGP #26
    > Long live The Ben!

    That guy is just asking to have his home drive deleted. Long live the
    BOFH

    LoopBack, Jun 26, 2006
  4. Briscobar

    LoopBack Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    MitchS wrote:
    > "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > > 6:06am: ring ring...
    > > Groggily, "Hello?"
    > > "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks
    > > like
    > > we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you
    > > come
    > > in early to get them back up and running?"
    > > "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my
    > > usual
    > > 9."
    > >
    > > 7:10am: ring ring...
    > > Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are
    > > down',
    > > what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all
    > > up
    > > and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
    > > power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
    > > "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
    > > Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
    > > "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
    > > me."
    > > Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
    > > <manager> first and have him call me."
    > >
    > > Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top
    > > it
    > > off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

    > Sound like someone has a case of the Mondays.
    >
    > --
    > Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    > MCNGP XLVIII (Now do the other certs REALLY matter?)
    > Stupidity on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

    A case? I'd say that constitutes a shipping container worth of mondays.

    LoopBack, Jun 26, 2006
  5. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > 6:06am: ring ring...

    Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

    Frisbee®, Jun 26, 2006
  6. Briscobar

    Guest Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    Imagine what your life would be like if [Briscobar] hadn't posted
    { ec%23vG% }
    ---
    > 6:06am: ring ring...
    > Groggily, "Hello?"
    > "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks like
    > we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you come
    > in early to get them back up and running?"
    > "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my usual
    > 9."
    >
    > 7:10am: ring ring...
    > Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are down',
    > what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all up
    > and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
    > power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
    > "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
    > Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
    > "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
    > me."
    > Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
    > <manager> first and have him call me."
    >
    > Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top it
    > off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

    At least you'[ve got Hawaiian Shirt Fridays to look forward to.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #51

    Guest, Jun 26, 2006
  7. Briscobar

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    Jeez, I am already on my way to work by then. Gotta
    beat the traffic in, not becasue it is too crowded but
    because I firmly believe that over 1/2 of the drivers
    here in Arkansas are NASCAR fabs who want to
    use the public highways as their personal racetracks.

    They try all those wonderful rtacing maneuvers out while
    driving to work. I have had more close calls in the past
    three years of driving on AR roads than I have in my enitre
    previous driving history. And I had the distinct pleasure of
    driving in Washington DC, Riyadh and Dahrain Saudi Arabia,
    and even managed to get jammed up in Chicago rush hour once.
    Thsoe were all mild comparted to the idots that drive in this state.

    LnkWizard2, Jun 26, 2006
  8. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    LoopBack <> rambled:

    > That guy is just asking to have his home drive deleted. Long live the
    > BOFH

    No, what he's asking for is for his computer to be "missing" when he gets to
    work tomorrow. That's what he's asking for.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com *is* the one who answered the phone.

    Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006
  9. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    > "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    >> 6:06am: ring ring...

    > Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

    Yeah, cuz you're old and go to bed right after you finish your early bird
    special.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    nerd32768 vowed to kill my family if I didn't add a link to
    www.mcngp.com to my signature.

    Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006
  10. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > Frisbee® <> rambled:
    >>
    >> "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    >>> 6:06am: ring ring...

    >> Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

    > Yeah, cuz you're old and go to bed right after you finish your early bird
    > special.

    Unless the NBA finals are on, in which case I walk around like a zombie the
    next day. I'm sure glad they're over.

    Frisbee®, Jun 26, 2006
  11. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    Re: Happy Monday!

    did you hear "MitchS" <> say in news:
    #:

    > Sound like someone has a case of the Mondays

    I believe you can get your a$$ kicked for something like that

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - "& BTW, OTOH (FWIW), IMHO it's OK."

    Neil, Jun 26, 2006
  12. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in

    > 6:06am: ring ring...

    <Snip remainder of familiar tale>

    ok, now tell the one of about the consultant calling you up on your first
    day of vacation at 8am to resolve a problem that they are too stupid to
    fix without you even though it's thier job. I like that one.

    WHAT? Hasn't happened to you? WHAT?!?! Are you new to this feild or
    something?

    ok, how about the one where you explain to MS how thier product actually
    works a 2 am after you've called (at 4:30 the day before) THEM to resolve
    an issue...

    BUT I'M NOT BITTER!!!!!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - cthread. cthread_fork(). Fork, thread, fork!

    Neil, Jun 26, 2006
  13. Briscobar

    MitchS Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > LoopBack <> rambled:
    >>
    >> That guy is just asking to have his home drive deleted. Long live the
    >> BOFH

    > No, what he's asking for is for his computer to be "missing" when he gets
    > work tomorrow. That's what he's asking for.

    Just take the power cable, much lighter.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Jun 26, 2006
  14. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:55:23 -0400, Briscobar cast into the ether:

    > "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
    > Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."

    That's right up there with "The internet is broke" LOL! Sorry Ken, Mondays
    just suck. If it makes you feel any better, we don't get next Monday off,
    either.

    Misery loves company, right?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jun 26, 2006
  15. Briscobar

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "Briscobar" <> did cause the

    > We have a little problem here. Looks
    > like we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down.

    Ah, yes. Much like "the internet" goes down around here.

    > Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem,
    > ask <manager> first and have him call me."

    I have asked work people on several occasions to not call my home number.
    The company is providing me with a cell phone for a reason, after all. At
    least that way they don't wake up the whole house when they call me in the
    middle of the night.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jun 26, 2006
  16. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    MitchS <> rambled:

    > "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    >> LoopBack <> rambled:
    >>>
    >>> That guy is just asking to have his home drive deleted. Long live
    >>> the BOFH

    >> No, what he's asking for is for his computer to be "missing" when he
    >> gets to
    >> work tomorrow. That's what he's asking for.

    > Just take the power cable, much lighter.

    These fuskers are resourceful, though. He'll probly just stick two metal
    wires into the outlet, and run them to the back of the computer.

    ....on second thought...good idea...

    *takes mental note*

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com iz t3h h0tn3ss

    Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006
  17. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    TBone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> rambled:

    > And on the eigth day "Briscobar" <> did cause
    > the electrons to come together and form the following words:
    >
    >> We have a little problem here. Looks
    >> like we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down.

    > Ah, yes. Much like "the internet" goes down around here.

    Wait, YOUR internet goes down too? So then it must not be isolated to us, it
    MUST be an internet issue, then! Dang, the lusers were right all along!

    >> Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem,
    >> ask <manager> first and have him call me."

    > I have asked work people on several occasions to not call my home
    > number. The company is providing me with a cell phone for a reason,
    > after all. At least that way they don't wake up the whole house when
    > they call me in the middle of the night.

    Oh, at least Bob was courteous. He DID call my cell phone. Which was turned
    on, sitting right next to my alarm clock.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    4 out of 5 dentists recommend www.mcngp.com

    Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006
  18. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:17:33 -0400, Briscobar cast into the ether:

    > my cell phone. Which was turned on

    *sigh*

    Ya can buy 'em books, ya can send 'em ta school...

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jun 26, 2006
  19. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:17:33 -0400, Briscobar cast into the ether:
    >
    >> my cell phone. Which was turned on

    > *sigh*
    >
    > Ya can buy 'em books, ya can send 'em ta school...

    It's not a company phone...it's my personal phone...I should be able to
    leave it on if I want. One more pre-alarm work call though, and I think I
    start turning it off at night. If someone needs me, they can come to my
    house to wake me up. If they don't know where I live, then I don't want to
    hear from them anyway.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com nailed the Olsen twins before they were famous.

    Briscobar, Jun 26, 2006
  20. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear TBone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> say in

    > I have asked work people on several occasions to not call my home
    > number. The company is providing me with a cell phone for a reason,
    > after all. At least that way they don't wake up the whole house when
    > they call me in the middle of the night.

    ditto. I also hate the fact that I am the only "InterNeil" in the phone
    book. If I had a last name like "Smith" I would at least know that half
    the planet was getting p!$$ed off with the yokles at work along with me.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I got everything but the part after "Now listen closely..."

    Neil, Jun 26, 2006