    FULL OF PEOPLE SHOUTING AT YOU VIA EMAIL.

    RGS!

    kb

    Briscobar, Oct 23, 2006

  2. Briscobar

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS

    No.

    Jtyc, Oct 23, 2006

  3. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    news::

    > HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY TO EVERYONE OUT THERE. I HOPE YOUR
    > DAY IS FULL OF PEOPLE SHOUTING AT YOU VIA EMAIL.
    >
    > RGS!
    >

    > kb

    AND A HAPPY ONE TO YOU TOO!

    aND damb you FOR EVEN BRINGING THIS UP!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - famous last words: .....sure I'm sure!

    Neil, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Briscobar

    Stan Guest

    Fired already Neil? Oh well never mind, welcome back anyway your little
    gang's been missing you.

    Stan, Oct 23, 2006
  5. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stan" <> say in

    > Fired already Neil?

    no, but since I have been assigned to a project that allocates me some free
    time during iterative installs of WSS, SQL 2k5 (with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS),
    and VSTS TFS Server, I thought I'd visit the old neighbourhood and...

    ...why am I explaining to you? Just give me my damb fries, ok?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Apathy Error: Don't Bother Striking Any Key.

    Neil, Oct 23, 2006
  6. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:10:21 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:
    >
    >> ..why am I explaining to you? Just give me my damb fries, ok?

    > An' a choklit shake!

    RIGHT! and my apple pie. don't forget my apple pie.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - One good turn gets most of the blankets.

    Neil, Oct 23, 2006
  7. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > i dont want to. so there.

    actually, it turns out that caps lock day was yesterday (the 22nd) so i am
    going to type all lowercase to make up for it.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - How did I get round from eating square meals?

    Neil, Oct 23, 2006
  8. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:10:21 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:

    > ..why am I explaining to you? Just give me my damb fries, ok?

    An' a choklit shake!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    Here there be dragons
    Remove hat to reply

    JaR, Oct 23, 2006
  9. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:39:16 -0400, Briscobar cast into the ether:

    > HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY TO EVERYONE OUT THERE. I HOPE YOUR DAY IS
    > FULL OF PEOPLE SHOUTING AT YOU VIA EMAIL.
    >
    > RGS!
    >

    > kb

    i dont want to. so there.

    --
    marvin milquetoast, esq.
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Oct 23, 2006
  10. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:50:14 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:

    >> i dont want to. so there.

    > actually, it turns out that caps lock day was yesterday (the 22nd) so i am
    > going to type all lowercase to make up for it.

    yay for lower case.

    --
    jar
    mcngp 22

    JaR, Oct 23, 2006
  11. Briscobar

    Thor Guest

    > no, but since I have been assigned to a project that allocates me some
    > free
    > time during iterative installs of WSS, SQL 2k5 (with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS),
    > and VSTS TFS Server, I thought I'd visit the old neighbourhood and...

    Good times!

    TFS has sp1 coming soon,
    http://blogs.msdn.com/bharry/archive/2006/09/26/772371.aspx
    haven't tried it myself.

    > ..why am I explaining to you? Just give me my damb fries, ok?

    ok, go large?

    Thor, Oct 24, 2006
  12. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Thor" <> say in

    >> no, but since I have been assigned to a project that allocates me
    >> some free
    >> time during iterative installs of WSS, SQL 2k5 (with SSRS, SSAS and
    >> SSIS), and VSTS TFS Server, I thought I'd visit the old neighbourhood
    >> and...
    >>

    > Good times!

    yes, and I got myself into the Concerto Beta (with nothing to play with as
    of yet) yesterday.

    ....interesting membership in that one ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.

    Neil, Oct 24, 2006
  13. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Thor" <> say in

    > I have a virtual image online and ready with sql 2k5 ent and moss 2007
    > too, you like virtual server?

    Oh and I am really antsy to play with the PPM side of the next Project
    Server...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - PPP: Pay Provider Perpetually

    Neil, Oct 24, 2006
  14. Briscobar

    Thor Guest

    Thor, Oct 24, 2006
  15. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Thor" <> say in news:eayle659GHA.1220
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > I hear there is a new cert coming from MS (maybe with the PM
    > Institute)

    dunno what they are doing with the MSF thing, but I know that MOF is
    heading for the dust bin (IIRC). MSF 4 with Agile or CMMI (for the Dev side
    of the fence) looks good but I would still lean towards PMP as the cert to
    get for Project Mangelment. I understand that PRINCE2 is big in Europe, and
    Project+ could be considered entry (as would the PMI's CAPM)but MSF
    Practitioner would not be that great an influencer on a PMs resume (IMHO).

    You're in Europe! look up Thomas Lee and get his take. He's in the UK. You
    guys all know each other over there, right?

    ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I read the FM, and it didn't work.

    Neil, Oct 24, 2006
  16. Briscobar

    Thor Guest

    > did you hear "Thor" <> say in
    >
    >> I have a virtual image online and ready with sql 2k5 ent and moss 2007
    >> too, you like virtual server?

    > Oh and I am really antsy to play with the PPM side of the next Project
    > Server...

    Haven't tried the Project Server

    a) Work/appliance: No biz-case
    b) Testing/fun: When I first tried it (early on) it didn't install without
    deep diggin' so I put it on hold (might have been about WSS-mode, can't
    remember)

    maybe I should? I hear there is a new cert coming from MS (maybe with the PM
    Institute)

    53

    Thor, Oct 24, 2006
  17. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Thor" <> say in news:eayle659GHA.1220
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > Haven't tried the Project Server

    oh, and if the e-mail addy is just a honey-pot for spam, e-mail me at
    neilmcse at gmail dot com

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I think I got it made and they throw something else at me.

    Neil, Oct 24, 2006
  18. Briscobar

    Thor Guest

    >> I hear there is a new cert coming from MS (maybe with the PM
    >> Institute)
    >>

    > dunno what they are doing with the MSF thing, but I know that MOF is
    > heading for the dust bin (IIRC). MSF 4 with Agile or CMMI (for the Dev
    > side
    > of the fence) looks good but I would still lean towards PMP as the cert to
    > get for Project Mangelment. I understand that PRINCE2 is big in Europe,
    > and
    > Project+ could be considered entry (as would the PMI's CAPM)but MSF
    > Practitioner would not be that great an influencer on a PMs resume (IMHO).
    >
    > You're in Europe! look up Thomas Lee and get his take. He's in the UK. You
    > guys all know each other over there, right?
    >
    > ;)

    Myself I'm not really the PM kind of guy. I'm really asking for a friend
    (kind of).

    I went to these Extreme Programming meetings and just didn't fit in. Then I
    went to these architect meetings and felt lost. I like the dba, the
    developer and the leader, the useless people can stay out of my way...
    Still, "I have people skills" (hehe) and work with people in my job. Maybe I
    can be a BI architect of some sort?

    I need to streamline some processes, I want CRM 3.0 (which I had to skip
    earlier) and TFS. I have some help, but want to understand as much as
    possible myself. Then I wanna do the scorecarding and alerts (you know) with
    a multitude of clients (I'm hoping for reports and alerts by SMS, telefax
    and all three gadget types) then I want more work.

    When it comes to certs I'll try anything technical that comes my way, I love
    it. I'm currently studying for 70-536 which will be my first ordinary exam,
    when I pass I'm going after the SQL, Vista and trainer stuff, I think.

    I read Thomas Lees blog, I think "Under the stairs"? never met the guy.
    53

    Thor, Oct 25, 2006
  19. Briscobar

    Thor Guest

    > did you hear "Thor" <> say in news:eayle659GHA.1220
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Haven't tried the Project Server

    > oh, and if the e-mail addy is just a honey-pot for spam, e-mail me at
    > neilmcse at gmail dot com
    >
    > --
    > The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    >
    > - I think I got it made and they throw something else at me.

    I'll try to open the honey-pot and reply from other mail, have to wait until
    tomorrow
    BTW: throw the something back. After aiming.
    l8r, 53

    Thor, Oct 25, 2006
  20. Briscobar

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Thor" <> say in news:DA596BED-F8A2-45BE-
    :

    > I read Thomas Lees blog, I think "Under the stairs"? never met the guy

    that's him - I have.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Confucius say: Girl with cleanest mind give dirtiest look

    Neil, Oct 25, 2006