    Jtyc Guest

    Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

    Semper Fidelis
    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Jtyc

    kpg Guest

    Jtyc <> said something like

    > Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

    Pop quiz:

    What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?
    kpg, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    > What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

    I know so I won't ruin it.
    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Jtyc

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

    > I know so I won't ruin it.

    The Dew Drop Inn?
    Frisbee®, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Jtyc

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Happy Birthday

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

    You don't look a day over 80 to me.
    Frisbee®, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Happy Birthday

    > You don't look a day over 80 to me.

    Thanks!

    I work out.
    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    > The Dew Drop Inn?

    You guys are terrible at this.

    Answer: Tunn Tavern
    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005
  8. Jtyc

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in news:Og5oiej5FHA.2552
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    >> The Dew Drop Inn?

    > You guys are terrible at this.
    >
    > Answer: Tunn Tavern

    hate to correct a marine and all but:

    http://www.tun-tavern.com/

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - WYSIWIT - What You See Is What I Typed
    Neil, Nov 10, 2005
  9. Jtyc

    kpg Guest

    On November 10, 1775, the Continental Congress commissioned
    Samuel Nicholas to raise two Battalions of Marines. That very
    day, Nicholas set up shop in Tun Tavern. He appointed Robert
    Mullan, the proprietor of the tavern, to the job of chief Marine
    Recruiter -- serving, of course, from his place of business at
    Tun Tavern. Prospective recruits flocked to the tavern, lured
    by (1) cold beer and (2) the opportunity to serve in the new
    Corps of Marines. So, yes, the U.S. Marine Corps was indeed
    born in Tun Tavern.

    Semper Fi
    kpg, Nov 10, 2005
  10. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005
  11. Jtyc

    Briscobar Guest

    Briscobar, Nov 10, 2005
  12. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    > No it's not.

    Yes it is.
    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005
  13. Jtyc

    kpg Guest

    Jtyc <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\177336.htm (11/10/2005
    > 4:40:08 PM) #
    >> No it's not.

    > Yes it is.

    I understand. You were just sluring your words.
    kpg, Nov 10, 2005
  14. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    > I understand. You were just sluring your words.

    *raises his beer in a salute*
    Jtyc, Nov 10, 2005
  15. Jtyc

    Consultant Guest

    faces?

    Consultant, Nov 14, 2005
  16. Jtyc

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 14, 2005 at 10:29am "Consultant" blathered:

    > faces?

    I sure did miss your random, top-posted, rambling one-liners.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 14, 2005
  17. Jtyc

    Consultant Guest

    heh

    Consultant, Nov 14, 2005
  18. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    > I sure did miss your random, top-posted, rambling one-liners.

    It was an inside joke.

    And not very nice.

    he's a big meany...
    Jtyc, Nov 14, 2005
  19. Jtyc

    TechGeekPro Guest

    yes he is

    On Nov 14, 2005 at 4:18pm "Jtyc" blathered:

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 15, 2005