    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Rowdy Yates

    Ben Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    You really are clueless arnt you Yates? Your kinda like the little old
    ladies in church talking about how witches worship satin.

    Guess you think Clinton made the IT world boom and Gore invented the
    internet too.

    Maybe you should take a couple economics classess... then political science
    classes.

    Catch this if your capable of doing so....

    in the 90's Intel chips were doubling every two years, ms was just beginning
    to get into the network arena and corporate profits were booming.

    as the 90's came to an end so did the IT boom.... corporate profits were
    falling off and hardware was becoming dirt cheap.
    since corporate big wigs were becoming accustomed to their 20 million dollar
    plus bonuses... they had to come up with a plan... Now it dont take any
    freaking EINSTEINS to figure out if an American programmer makes $58 per
    hour and some Indian is willing to do the same job for $10 an hour... there
    was a bundle to be made there and then add in to the equation that you wont
    have to pay medical, workman's comp and all the other little bells and
    whistles an employer has to pay, now you are talking SUBSTANTIAL money!

    The tax laws for out sourcing our jobs have been on the books since before
    any Bush was in office..... so write your congressman and get them changed.

    And think..... everytime you buy something here that isnt made here you just
    reinforced why our jobs get out sourced. Either be part of the solution or
    shut the hell up.

    Ben, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Re: GWB's Politics

    Ben wrote:
    > You really are clueless arnt you Yates? Your kinda like the little old
    > ladies in church talking about how witches worship satin.

    Satin sheets to lie on
    Satin pillows to cry on
    Still I'm not happy don't you see
    Big long Cadillacs, tailor maids upon my back
    Still I want you to set me free

    I've found another man
    Who can give more than you can
    Though you've given me everything that money can buy
    But your money can't hold me tight
    Like he does on a long long night
    No, you didn't keep me satisfied

    --
    Fris "Gay {$1}" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Rowdy Yates

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    "Rowdy Yates" <rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com> wrote in message
    > snipped...
    >
    > lets hope it gets better, cause it will totally suck if it gets worse.
    >

    > --
    > Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    > http://www.mcngp.com/
    > "Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat Smegma!"

    I see nothing to indicate optimism. What's changed that will make it
    better? Nada.

    Grog

    Grog in Ohio, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    > lets hope it gets better, cause it will totally suck if it gets worse.

    Well, perhaps the field was doomed from the start. Ever since all those
    made up Internet startups went under (as they should've), people have been
    bitchin about this field.

    I think some people need to grasp the concept that your future isn't as easy
    as you thought it would be. Just remember, the top people in this field
    never have a problem finding a job.

    Jtyc, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Re: GWB's Politics

    > Just remember, the top people in this field
    > never have a problem finding a job.

    Urban myth.

    Brinson Gebblehoff, Nov 4, 2004
  7. Rowdy Yates

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    On Nov 4, 2004 at 10:37am "Jtyc" blathered:

    > I think some people need to grasp the concept that your future isn't as
    > easy as you thought it would be.

    I know I sure have.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

    TechGeekPro, Nov 4, 2004
  8. Rowdy Yates

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    > Urban myth.

    I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work for more
    than a week at a time.

    Jtyc, Nov 4, 2004
  9. Re: GWB's Politics

    >> Urban myth.

    > I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work for
    > more
    > than a week at a time.

    Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story in
    the field of information technology.

    Brinson Gebblehoff, Nov 4, 2004
  10. Rowdy Yates

    Doom Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    > Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story in
    > the field of information technology.

    I agree with Jtyc. In any field, not just IT, talented people are able to
    find work regardless of market conditions.

    Doom, Nov 4, 2004
  11. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    "Brinson Gebblehoff" <> wrote in

    > "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Urban myth.

    >> I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work
    >> for more
    >> than a week at a time.

    > Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad
    > story in the field of information technology.

    IT ppl are getting out of IT and into real estate.

    ry

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 4, 2004
  12. Re: GWB's Politics

    "Doom" <> wrote in message

    >> Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story
    >> in the field of information technology.
    >>

    > I agree with Jtyc. In any field, not just IT, talented people are able to
    > find work regardless of market conditions.

    That is a completely unfair generalization, and is ignorant of the facts.
    Florida has been through a recession that is much worse than almost anywhere
    in the rest of the country. I have seen very talented and very dedicated
    people who were in the business for years lose their jobs and never regained
    employment in IT. I have also seen the same thing happen in Texas and
    California. So those are three very large states in the union with which I
    am very familiar and that I know have experienced meltdowns so bad that
    people have had to change careers or who remain hopelessly unemployed. Be
    careful with your broad strokes of the brush. You don't know what you're
    talking about.

    Brinson Gebblehoff, Nov 4, 2004
  13. Re: GWB's Politics

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > IT ppl are getting out of IT and into real estate.

    What has happened in Central Florida is that people who had left jobs or had
    been laid off from jobs where they were making $60K to $100K a year found
    that when they finally did land another IT job their pay was cut upwards of
    60 to 70 percent.

    In 1999 I was an IT manager making $75,000 a year plus bonuses and stock
    options. By 2001 my best contract offers were $15 an hour, and I had MSCE,
    Check Point, Novell, and other certifications. I eventually finished my MIS
    degree and that brought me back into the fold at just above $40,000 a year
    but it wasn't easy finding work, even with the degree. Without the degree,
    however, it would have been impossible for me to have stayed in Florida. I
    would have had to have gone north, like so many of my colleagues have.

    As it stands now I am about to leave the field and go into sales, which is
    much more lucrative, but the downside for me is the travel. I'll be selling
    IT equipment and services, so I won't be totally out of my element, but the
    income potential isn't as great, as say, as in the medical sales field,
    where I hope to eventually end up. I've seen the writing on the wall with
    IT.

    Brinson Gebblehoff, Nov 4, 2004
  14. Rowdy Yates

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    > That is a completely unfair generalization, and is ignorant of the facts.
    > Florida has been through a recession that is much worse than almost

    anywhere
    > in the rest of the country.

    Not worse than my region.

    > You don't know what you're talking about.

    Yes I do.

    Jtyc, Nov 4, 2004
  15. Rowdy Yates

    Doom Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    "Brinson Gebblehoff" <> wrote in message
    > "Doom" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story
    >>> in the field of information technology.
    >>>

    >> I agree with Jtyc. In any field, not just IT, talented people are able to
    >> find work regardless of market conditions.

    > That is a completely unfair generalization, and is ignorant of the facts.

    <whining snipped>
    My statement was a generalization but the fact remains that talented people
    in their industry are able to obtain employment. If the market is so bad in
    Florida simply move to where it's better. BTW I know a programmer in Florida
    who has a job. I did not move to where I currently live because I loved the
    area. I moved here because that's WHERE THE WORK WAS. I'm glad to hear that
    there are large numbers of people leaving this industry. In a few more years
    it will become lucrative for the survivors. Have a nice day.

    Doom, Nov 4, 2004
  16. Rowdy Yates

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    > there are large numbers of people leaving this industry. In a few more
    years
    > it will become lucrative for the survivors. Have a nice day.

    You capitalist pig. You make me sick

    The government needs to ensure that all people get the job they want at the
    salary they want it. Damn Bush... that bastard.

    Jtyc, Nov 4, 2004
  17. Rowdy Yates

    Doom Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    >> there are large numbers of people leaving this industry. In a few more

    > years
    >> it will become lucrative for the survivors. Have a nice day.

    > You capitalist pig. You make me sick
    >
    > The government needs to ensure that all people get the job they want at
    > the
    > salary they want it. Damn Bush... that bastard.

    I can't stop laughing.

    Doom, Nov 4, 2004
  18. Re: GWB's Politics

    Could be the fumes.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 4, 2004
  19. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    incase you missed it "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com>
    said in news::

    >> Urban myth.

    > I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work
    > for more than a week at a time.

    2 weeks in 20 years (man I need a break)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 4, 2004
  20. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    Re: GWB's Politics

    incase you missed it "Keyboard Cowboy"
    <> said in news:431801c4c2b8
    $048b1010$:

    SSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 4, 2004