  1. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Yenc-Post 2002, Dec 3, 2004

  3. anthonyberet

    trout Guest

    Yenc-Post 2002 wrote:

    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in
    > news::
    >
    >> http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gribble/papers/spyware.pdf

    > go blow yourself.

    Is that just *your* opinion, or should someone knock on the ceiling,
    and see if your parents agree?
    --
    "Other peoples' children....you can't beat them. Unless you're
    relatively sure it can't be proven in court."
    trout, Dec 3, 2004
  4. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    anthonyberet, Dec 3, 2004
  5. anthonyberet

    Don M. Guest

    > > > http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gribble/papers/spyware.pdf
    > > >

    > > go blow yourself.

    > nnnggnnn.....can't.....reach.......

    =======

    Things may change when you grow up, then it will be a matter of choice
    rather than inability...

    Don
    Don M., Dec 3, 2004
  6. spyware

    On basis of recommendations from techies I have 2 spyware
    applications.
    Already had Spybot with most recent updates. Ran it & it found 31
    bots & deleted them.
    Then ran my new one...SpySweeper (with update). It found 15 more. It
    ran for hours w/o completing task. I stopped it & took care of 15
    additional spybots. I am having major problem time wise. When it
    starts sweeping it runs very fast...so fast I cant read the names of
    files being scanned. Then it gets slower and slower...finally almost
    stopping ...taking 15 minutes to process one file. I ran it for12
    hours & it still didn't complete the task. Even stopping it took
    about 10 minutes. Entire computer so sluggish then that it was
    virtually inoperable. Cure was to reboot & everything then worked
    fine. With or without spyware running machine loses speed down to a
    crawl after about a half day. Immediately after rebooting if I run
    Spy Sweeper it is a repeat performance of above. Win2x sp4.
    What should I do? Does the slowdown sound spybot related?

    correct email is
    Frank Thompson, Dec 4, 2004
  7. anthonyberet

    GFG Guest

    Re: spyware

    I would press Control-Alt-/Delete and if the Task Manager comes up click on
    the Tasks tab and later the Process tab and see how many programs and
    processes you have running. I have seen in mine that sometimes 2 of the same
    program are listed.
    Also you could click on Start - Run and type in msconfig. When the box
    appears click on Start Up and see how many programs that are starting up
    when you reboot. Uncheck any that you don't need to start up when your
    computer does. Also watch for some listed and checked more than once. Be
    careful not to uncheck any Windows system files. Check the full name of the
    file before you decide what to keep on start up and what you can start
    manually as you need to use the program. Maybe you will get better
    suggestions but these are just things I have tried when my computer seems to
    be bogged down.
    Also, how often are you running the Defragment program? I run mine sometimes
    a few times a week even if I get the message that I don't need to. Click on
    Start- All Programs- Accessories-System Tools-Disk Defragmenter and follow
    the instructions. I usually Analyze and then Defragment.

    GFG, Dec 4, 2004